stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6724|California

i understand the basis of their arguement, mind you. they bitch about planes take no skill, and planes are a noob weapon. but in reality, planewhoring takes the MOST skill out of all vechiles. with tanks and transport, all you do is point and click, and kills appear, a monkey with half its frontal lobe can do that. but planes, i feel at least, take much skill to use, like avoiding 3 AA stations taking down an enemy fighter, or taking out a blackhawk with 2 planes on your 6 and the USS ESSEX blasting away. i personally feel proud to be a plane bitch, cause i know not anyone can do it. i needed to say that to those whiney bastards i just played, F U
NOxFEAR
+0|6693|Shropshire UK
lmao stryker nicely put i for 1 suck at flying a jet so happy hunting stryker!
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6689
All vehicles take no skill.  The chopper and planes take the most though.
Dark_Bass
+0|6844
Helichopters suck, jets rule.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6716
jets IMO is easier then chopper

i'm planewhore but dam ! heli's hard to fly with joystick
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6777|London UK

they both bore me, i find it more fun to fight like a man on foot with an assault rifle, whoring a heli or especially a jet is like stealing candy from a baby.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6774|New York
Jets definitley take skill

https://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1444/screen2471yy.th.jpg

38-0 was hard dodging two jets and an essex.. not to mention all of the aa stations were filled with little noobs, but i took them out too.

I just got used to dropping bombs, and for every bomb i drop, i atleast get ONE kill.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6751|The United Center

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

All vehicles take no skill.  The chopper and planes take the most though.
...take the most of nothing?  so...still nothing?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6697
lol
stootn
+0|6725|Great White North
As long as your not using the jet as a piloted noob missle and running into everything you can see in the air and on the ground.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6684
I tried to fly jets for the first time today after playing this game since it came out . I suck real bad . I shot down a few choppers today but ground troops , not one . I couldn't even do carrier raping at all . Jets are friggin hard to fly for sure . But I know if I keep at it I'll be a veteran whore in no time at all . Any good links to jet tactics and any other details out there ? Hook me up .
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6724|California

jets do make for a good cruise missile i must admit
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6775|AUS, Canberra
i personaly dont like wake at all, but i dont whine about. instead i just dont play it.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6684
Ok so I finally got a joy stick for the jet . I've been flying for 2 full days now . I have one or two kills . I hate the jets . I can't fly them an I can't do shit about them with Air defense . Fuck jets all together
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6764|The Netherlands
Choppers own all man they are crazy! i love em! some ppl fly em with keyboard, i fly em with joystick b4 i had a 
joystick i really sucked with em so, altho it takes some time to get used 2 it.. with my ferrari helicopter i take em all out even ur plane stryker

and jonnykill: if u  got a joystick and u still arent able to fly when u practise 2 full days then u are just
uhm.. how 2 say that.. 1st class Nooby!
{MOD}DREW
+26|6669
Hey Papa Surf.  I looked at your ScreenShot and I was "Impressed."  38-0 is an impressive kill count regardless of noob killing or not.  However your great round was a tad overshadowed by the fact that your team was losing 20-41.   Let's all not try to be Kobe Bryant now everybody.

"Something about no "I" in team?" 

{MOD}DREW

www.ministersofdeath.com
BladeRunner
+5|6753|UK
The vehicles piss me off, but it seems if you waste someone with any weapon in BF2 they stick the noob label on it. Batter them with a 203 and it's a noob tube. Batter them sith a sponge and it would become the noob sponge. Ignore the whingers. There are hellis and jets on Wake. Fact. Don't like it? Well bugger off to a Kharkand 24/7 server and leave the BF2 chat windows free from your uninteresting moans and cries.
phnxfrhwk
+14|6677|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
personally I dont care for the jets. choppers however... I cant use use a joystick, but with the mouse and keyboard combo and a decent gunner, time for some serious damage to the other side. i dont do half bad as a gunner either. my biggest problem on wake and other maps is definatly the jets. you can pop all the chaff and flares you want but if the guns or missles dont get you then a jet up the rear is most likely to follow. I guess my biggest problem with the "jetwhore-noobies" (dont take offense if your not one cuz ive seen some really good pilots out there) is that they are more focused or racking up the kill count rather than doing the job they are  supposed to do. and thats to keep the other planes out of the sky. a term called AIR SUPERIORITY so the guys on the ground dont have to worry about getting bombed by the enemy. after the enemy airfeild is under wraps then by all means "bomb away" but rather than being the lone ranger with a high kill count and a losing team, try giving people the opertunity to at least get off of the damn boat.
BurlySmurf
+1|6759|Nellis AFB
I just started flying jets about 2 weeks ago. I have mostly played Wake since then. I must admit I really enjoy flying and I am actually starting to get pretty good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/ … -07-89.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/genericposter/BF2/BF22006-01-2902-18-07-89.jpg

Last edited by BurlySmurf (2006-01-29 18:41:35)

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6759
Doing well in a plane takes skill, but hitting an uncappable & calling it skill is something else entirely
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6669|NT, like Mick Dundee

Me, I play as a ground pounder on Wake, alot (G3A3 is teh best). I personally dont give a flying fuck about jets, I cant fly em but being bombed doesnt bother me at all... So who was bitching about em? I want to go flame the fuckers.

Then again, my shitty K/D ratio is because of Jets, tanks and Artillery...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-01-29 18:48:12)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

I mostly gun in Jets and Choppers. I can fly, but I'm not the best at avoiding AA batteries. When I fly people on the ground are like, "hey, these AA things actually work."

However, I'm a wicked LGMer or TVGMer, or just a general Minigunner.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6667|USA
Jets take NO skill. We need 1 map with 0 vehicles. No Jets, Helis, just infantry. Any retard can drop bombs. The only skill involved is getting to the jet before the other whores do and not killing your own players when dropping your payload. The balance between jets and ground to air defense is baloney anyway. Especially on Wake; the US is at a huge disadvantage. Keep on flyin. Ill keep on covering.

How about a jet getting hit by arty in mid-air? Happened to me.
Oxide9
+0|6666
Jets may or may not take "some" skill.  But these people are whining because they are stuck on a small little target that is getting bombed by plane or artillery every time they spawn.  It iritates EVERYONE on the ship to not be able to do anything about it.  So some resort to whining big whoop, you should have to put up with some crap to get your 50 and 0.

A different map would ofcourse be a different story.  But thats why you play wake now isnt it...

-Ox
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6748
Jets take alot of skill, evident because not everybody can fly.
They are overpowered in the hands of people who can actually fly decently and are able to drop bombs correctly.  The AA can't do anything to stop them and if noone else on the other team can fly well enough to counter it, they are unstoppable.  Plus if a pilot doesnt let the other team advance, it takes all the fun outta the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard