bf2gammer
+14|6229
i say no. obviously.. but you can look at how many hours they've played and how many points they have... thats what i compare too basically and the kdr. but some people are point whores and go to knife and pistol so sometimes its hard to tell
manitobapaintballa
+32|6628
depends i've played against 3 stars that would beat the shit out of me in ALL aspects of the game and ive played against 3 stars that i beat the shit out of in ALL aspects (i'm not a good flyer)
Marinejuana
local
+415|6594|Seattle
it says they play the game A LOT. thats all. so no surprise if they are good, but then how many bad drivers do you see?
.cat.
+4|6348
rank means shAAAAT...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6630|Gold coast, Aus.
Not really. But I am a high ranker on my main account and I suppose I'm decent...
keyoshi
+28|6429
Well..I'm a brig gen. I'm okay, but I go on my secondary account, (a PFC) to just screw around, so its hard to say. I usually assume someones skill level by rank because rank shows how long they've played, so you can see how experienced they are, so I definatly won't pick up a lance corpral to gun in my heli...but I'll give him 1 or 2 TV shots, if he some how gets in, if he doesn't TV I do it all myself.

I'm really usin a second account to see if people actually have a standard for ranks. I want to see if I can get hackusations on the PFC because I'm getting 8:1 + KD's on karkand and stuff.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6472|A W S M F O X
Rank means something, but not as much people would like to think, it usually means they played longer therefore know more than you. And most people start second accounts, so these days it dont mean much.

basically just a pretty picture XD
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6331|Orrstrayleea
NO, take LORD#OF#WEED for example, highest ranking player in the game for a long time, all he did was throw grenades
COEMAN
+1|6182
I suck, rank don't mean shit! If you want to see how bad I really suck, you can find me on either of these 2 Ranked BF2 Servers

=HOG= SLAUGHTER HOUSE IO IP:208.100.45.128

=HOG= FLYING PIGS of BF2 IP:208.100.45.119
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6725|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
No, high rank can simply mean that the owner of the account is good at one thing, and one thing only, and if caught in any other situation, they're screwed.
ZamoII
+11|6228

RAVENMkXV wrote:

lol idk to me this seems so obvious. the answer is NO. ive seen some 4 star generals taht just
plain suck. people could also just make 2nd account...like my friend Blades who is like a Sgt. with
a 22.1 ratio as aviator. Rank means nothin, BF2 is gettin old and its quite ez to just make a 2nd account
or just whore ur stats. Ex. medic whores have no freakin skill in inf. combat or even when it comes to air to air
combat
medic whore? for fuck sake boy just because someone wants to be a medic... you add a childish addition to his kit name, people like you really annoy me. grow up
Budzilla
+9|6201|Brisbane, Australia

elite.mafia wrote:

Too bad it's not true, many generals are baddies and are nothing but pubscrubs.
Correct, rank != skill.

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

YES, we know the maps, the game, and the concept of teamplaying. When you see 2 generals side by side, be sure u r dead.
You seem to know Karkand pretty well....

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

im an sniper/AT dude that can own G36 noobs without sweating.
OK, I haven't been on these forums long but I quickly realised you seem to think the sun shines out of your ass. You "say" you pwn these people yet you can only manage a KDR > 1 with the sniper rifle only. You are getting pwned more often. You have around 1500 more global points than me yet you have played for 500 more hours. The only reason you can manage to kill more than die is that you spend most of your time in a tank. You perfectly fit elite.mafia's definition: pubscrub.

With all the alias accounts that are around and multiple accounts that people use: rank is becoming more useless to gauge whether a player is quality or not.

That being said I can think of plenty of players who are much better than me and never gone above a rank of Sargent Major.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6472|A W S M F O X
^^^^^^

Another reason why aussies > all
Shakez
+39|6179
No.
I don't want to say that I'm an awesome pilot
But when a general chrashed into a tree 4 times when I was gunning...hmm
So I've seen Captains with 800 hours chopper time and Generals who didn't know how to switch to TV sight ...
wargallion
+5|6483|Sweden

elite.mafia wrote:

As a 3 star general I try and be good at every aspect of the game, my infantry k/d ratio doesn't show my real skill though, due to being spawn raped on air maps... But rank doesn't mean shit, but to me, everyone who has any number of stars as their rank had better fucking be good because you know that guy has to have at least 50 hours in every vehicle, plus 100 hours in armor... Too bad it's not true, many generals are baddies and are nothing but pubscrubs.
agreed im about to rank up for Gen major as soon as stat server is updated. and alot of ppl that cant fly worth sxxt sits in a black hawk and command just for the chopper time and the kills from arty. its sad but some servers let ppl get away with it.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6446|Brisbane, Australia
high rankers = air whores
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6630|Gold coast, Aus.

Machine_Madness wrote:

Worst generalisation ever. My colonel account has <20% vehicle kills. And i played 50/50 IO and normal....
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6170
I just love Phantom0701. Look at his kills with various weapons.

Most used weapon: Grenades
Most used Kit: Support

Hand Grenade      434:02:31      72,826      12,261      5.9396      29.49%

"k"
Raphi
Banned
+354|6267|Basel, Switzerland
No.
Computer_Guy
+54|6706
No
']['error
Banned
+630|6653|The Netherlands

Machine_Madness wrote:

I baserape j00
CloakedStarship
+76|6574

Machine_Madness wrote:

lolz
']['error
Banned
+630|6653|The Netherlands

CloakedStarship wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

lolz
roflz
^JP^
+5|6166
to be perfeclt honest i am a high rank, i am good but this is not due to my rank, although i am more intimidated by higher ranks, i can easily still kill them. being a colonel i have played for 600 hours or so and in that time i generally think that higher ranks are harder to kill. but there are still friggin gunnys that are genuinely hard to kill aswell. in my opinion i dont think rank means that much, it is purely based on player skill no matter wat rank they are, but lets face it  any rank below gunny WITH THIER FIRST ACCOUNT simply just dont stand a chance. limited exeptions. without experiance its hard to face higher ranks.
XD
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6498|Gogledd Cymru

High rank means they are the best silly!

The lord of weed used to be most skilled player.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard