Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

BobSacamento wrote:

Anyone think there might be more maps?  While it's installing it says, "Installing Battlefield 2 Map Pack 1".  Maybe there will be more maps in the future.  I personally don't care if there are a few intel or other company ads in the map if it means new maps to play on.
I hope so, everyone currently wants a urban Chinese map, so hopefully we'll get lucky . I myslef aren't bothered about the ads either.
Songhua IO ftw. And you know it

Have DICE at least fixed the PLA FAV's that spawn on Tampa?
With uncaps thats going to be totally shit now. Teamwork, tactics and even the point of the transport choppers have gone right out the window. Still have to try it though.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Snake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

BobSacamento wrote:

Anyone think there might be more maps?  While it's installing it says, "Installing Battlefield 2 Map Pack 1".  Maybe there will be more maps in the future.  I personally don't care if there are a few intel or other company ads in the map if it means new maps to play on.
I hope so, everyone currently wants a urban Chinese map, so hopefully we'll get lucky . I myslef aren't bothered about the ads either.
Songhua IO ftw. And you know it

Have DICE at least fixed the PLA FAV's that spawn on Tampa?
With uncaps thats going to be totally shit now. Teamwork, tactics and even the point of the transport choppers have gone right out the window. Still have to try it though.
I didn't know there was one, still I've just being playing Midnight sun against the comp on co-op and found an MEC FAV. There's a few other maps where I've noticed this happen as well. I just messed around on Tampa last night on an empty server and I was wondering about the extra cover for infantry, but the flags look pretty much the same to me, is there any difference?

Also I wish they'd put a flag up by the F-15 wreckage north of the US main, with all those trees and such that would have made for some good firefights.

Oh btw Snake the server changed to 24/7 IO Songhua .

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-06-29 10:28:25)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
EA gave everyone a map for free? lol
Teflonspray
+2|6438

jdno_7 wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

JamesGold wrote:

I installed the full Tampa and got 2 crashes to desktop in a row when I am about to join a server playing that map. I installed it right over the beta. Did I do something wrong or is the game just being gay?
Dont forget to repatch after you install the map, not too mention some servers havent updated from the beta yet. . . .
I did not repatch..played fine (i'm running xp)  so with this no need to repatch.
Seriously, think about it: the 1.41 patch came out long before this map and the latest changes and files you need are therefore in the installation of the map. No repatch is needed after installing Highway Tampa! Crashes when joining Highway Tampa servers probably means the server still runs the beta map.

Tried it out for a couple of hours now, and I'm glad they stood by their ambition to make an armour map, leaving the attack helis out. We got Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen, where you can bomb away and heli kill tanks all you want. New maps should provide something new, not more of what we already got, in my opinion. Highway Tampa fulfills this wish.

They made the main bases uncaps, and even though I think this will mean more base rape, we'll just have to live with it. I liked the other approach where no new tanks spawned in, if you captured the other team's main base, making it easier to take back. Oh well, can't please everybodys wishes, I guess. At least the main bases are so big that you can choose another spawn point, to try to take off and capture another control point. A little more transport vehicles is to be found now, and even if I think this will increase flag hoping I guess people got tired of staying behind, guarding the flag. And no more sun on the ground...

I say, nice job and let's hope this wasn't the last new map for this game. Using ads to make sure new content reaches us free of charge is absolutely fine by me. See you in a tank somewhere in the desert!

Last edited by Teflonspray (2007-06-29 10:43:10)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

So i have a serious question.
Was i the only one that wanted 2 jets per side as opposed to 1 per side?
I mean, 64 players and 2 jets?
At least some attack choppers or Little Birds.
I forsee a lot of noobs and low rankers all crowding around the jet spawn and tk'ng going on.
I was hoping that after the Beta testing, EA would have realized that people like to fly on wide open maps.
2 jets or all armor and vehicles like jalacrap.
WAAAA!!! BABY WANT TO JET WHORE!!!! WAAAAA
BABY DON'T WANT TO SHARE JET WITH NUBS!!! WAAAAA
If you just had read the little story that came with the BETA version, you would have know that this map was purely designed to give that old 1942 feeling. Massive armour battles going on with little that can disrupt that! To satisfy, or at least try to satisfy a smaller crowd that implemented 2 jets, one for both sides. So  again, it wasn't EA that needed to realize, it was you! There are enough jet maps ffs, go fly over there, I am not a huge armour fan, but this map does bring somewhat back to life for what has died in BF2.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Meh. A Gazala style map would have been way better imo.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6608|Montreal, Qc, Canada
As i dindt played the Beta Version... Can someone tell me what is the difference with the Beta and the final version out ???

+ is it a good map ? is it I/O also ?
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6167|Cali

RDMC(2) wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

I forsee a lot of noobs and low rankers all crowding around the jet spawn and tk'ng going on.
I was hoping that after the Beta testing, EA would have realized that people like to fly on wide open maps.
If you just had read the little story that came with the BETA version, you would have know that this map was purely designed to give that old 1942 feeling. Massive armour battles going on with little that can disrupt that! To satisfy, or at least try to satisfy a smaller crowd that implemented 2 jets, one for both sides. So  again, it wasn't EA that needed to realize, it was you! There are enough jet maps ffs, go fly over there, I am not a huge armour fan, but this map does bring somewhat back to life for what has died in BF2.
I agree with you 100% percent, but if you read my post, i said either 2 jets -OR- key word being OR ALL ARMOR and vehicles.
I think that having One Jet per side only PROMOTES NOOBISM AND TK's FOR JETS.
Problem solution? Remove the jets and make it an armor only map or add another jet per side.

Last edited by ARCHANGEL1941 (2007-06-29 11:02:58)

Undertow007
+8|6120|Rep. of Palua

RDMC(2) wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Bf2 is dead. This map did nothing to bring anything back, and I agree with Archangel.

Last edited by Undertow007 (2007-06-29 11:04:09)

Teflonspray
+2|6438

Undertow007 wrote:

Bf2 is dead. This map did nothing to bring anything back.
Define "dead." Does it mean that no one is playing it? Then you're wrong, mister.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6716|Mexico City
EA fucked the map by making uncaps, making the map NOOB friendly.

Yes im very piss off !!!

https://img83.imageshack.us/img83/914/ultramanmax02bwh1.jpg

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2007-06-29 11:35:23)

KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6422|Cambridge, UK

Undertow007 wrote:

Bf2 is dead. This map did nothing to bring anything back, and I agree with Archangel.
You signed up on a BF2 forum just to post its dead? lol - ironoy

Currently BF2 21,547 players on 5195 servers!  BF2142 is only 11,073 on 2550 servers

.. not enough for you?
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
shame they made the airfields uncaps
There always were intense battles on those.....
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6167|Cali

KylieTastic wrote:

Undertow007 wrote:

Currently BF2 21,547 players on 5195 servers!  BF2142 is only 11,073 on 2550 servers

.. not enough for you?
Yes it is "IRONOY" or is it "Irony"?
Undertow007
+8|6120|Rep. of Palua

KylieTastic wrote:

Undertow007 wrote:

.. not enough for you?
thanks for the update on bf2, i'll tell all my friends.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen
Ads? Don't bother.

Uncap Bases? That was special about Tampa, a jet map without Uncaps, learn to defend! It's a shame they changed it.

Tweaks? I only noticed the two extra helipads at the controlpoint flags are gone but they've been useless anyway.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6497|Belgium

wtf, still only 50k/s DL, I thought the fuzz would be over by now.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6456|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
TKing has already started, got on and played a round, guy hops in the F/A-18 and hits a building on take off. I am standing their waiting, he re spawns about the same time as the jet, I run toward it and he shoots me, someone(teamkills)SgtHeihn. He proceeds to take off and crash again..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

De_Jappe wrote:

wtf, still only 50k/s DL, I thought the fuzz would be over by now.
Then you don't want my connection, it only went at 20kb/s. It starts out about 120kb/s and then just drops and this is always.
benzoenator
+4|6208

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

Ads? Don't bother.

Uncap Bases? That was special about Tampa, a jet map without Uncaps, learn to defend! It's a shame they changed it.

Tweaks? I only noticed the two extra helipads at the controlpoint flags are gone but they've been useless anyway.
I don't think teams will ever learn to defend a flag that has a jet; look at Wake.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6555|Seattle
i think making them uncaps is better, and i disagree with those of you that want more jets.

Now you won't find me playing highway tampa anyway because id rather be playing IO, but i appreciate that EA took note of the fact that BF2 doesnt come with ANY good tanking maps and decided to make one. All the other "good tanking maps" are either infantry maps where the tanks are mostly just raping infantry, or they are good airmaps where using armor requires retarded 12 year old pilots on the other team. It actually takes quite a bit of piloting prowess to keep the other jet and their whole team of armor down. enough so that battles between tanks actually make a big difference. But dont take my word for it, go play the map, hop in a tank, and count how many times you find yourself trying to land 75+ m shots on other tanks with your main turret. i have to say that is a style of play that just barely exists on other maps, requires a good bit of skill, and that makes it fun.

And additionally its a great antitanking map. Each of the flags is perfect for using cover to fire missiles. Its almost like there is a nice balance to be had between antitank and tanks when one defends and the other attacks. I also love how there are FEW bottlenecks on this map. You can take so many more paths between flags than on other maps which means that there is more of a game to play strategically (you can flank).

But this leads to the issue of uncappable mains. Cappable mains+easy to flank=the "correct" strategy on the map would be complete flanking for the main every single round. When the best strategy for the map involves that much avoidance of the enemy in a shooter, i think you are asking for an annoying battle that possibly requires no FPS skill at all (not that you cant have cool battles for mains but ideally each team just arrives at an empty base, has a new main, and must start over, its really dumb when the perceived object of the game is shooting each other). This is all part of why PR had the rules about which flags you could attack and why (i think this is true) some euro leagues have a specific order in which flags have to be capped. the teams should face off evenly and do their flanks at particular flags, then the match isnt soley about making one giant mapsized flank but is a balance of things instead.

most of this stuff is based on the fact that teamwork barely exists on pubs. more jets, choppers, or more powerful antitank would need to be present if groups of 5 engineer tanks rolled together very often. but then it could be a beautiful thing if you found 2 teams both doing it. But thats about as likely as two IO teams going all medic. On the bright side, if stats really die then maybe this kind of focus on the game (and not kit hours, etc) would emerge. just in time for us to bring it to QW.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

This fails for two reasons.

1) No attack choppers
nah theres plenty of those in almost all the other maps, choppers are too easy anyway, u can kill almost anything and hardly anyone can kill you unless you make a big mistake. I agree with the guy that says throw in a little bird tho, because there sure arent a lot of little bird maps. And something tells me they might have except thats part of the $10 AF package.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

2) No patch came out along with it
agreed. now if they could just think of a way to turn a full patch into a huge advertisement, then we might just be in luck.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-29 17:24:03)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6456|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

This fails for two reasons.

1) No attack choppers

2) No patch came out along with it
I don't mind the lack of attack choppers. But I'm guessing EA/dICE figures that giving us a new map will shut us up for a bit!?

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-06-29 17:24:53)

Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen
As told in one of the Tampa-Beta-Posts, Tampa is really old content (with some modification).

New official map in test right now for patch 1.03 ?!

I think it's good to have a new map and to have an open tanking map. The only map that comes close is Operation Harvest.
One of the flags makes me always think I'm at Mashtuur.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6519|775

I've seen some servers showing up in red lately with different map names. Did I miss something? I thought Highway Tampa was the only new map being introduced.
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6459

daffytag wrote:

Scratch[USA] wrote:

So does this mean a new patch will follow shortly????????
No it dosnt, but I'm sure thats what everyone wants.
There will be a patch. That way they can piss us off even more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard