Total: 256
Shakez
+39|6140
It depends on the map.
But I would say M24.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6433|A W S M F O X
SVD easily, but for loooong range, M24, SVD is great to about 300 meters.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6409|canada
really they both have theyre strengths and weaknesses, i dont really have a preference. m24 more for lengthy 1 shot kills. with the svd u can be more in the battle, with 2 well placed shots everyone goes down, BAM chest then head. i really dont like the pla rifle though i think its mostly the crosshairs that drive me away.
K3rt6699
+70|6338

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

plastic_budgie wrote:

yeah i know what u mean. but its a TYPE 88 not SVD i find it really hard to kill with TYPE 88 it's like a musket rilfe with a scope.
To kill with Type 88 you need to be drunk first. That's all the secret

M24 > SVD > Type 88 > M95

I use all but M95. M95 is a loud piece of shit.

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

SVD of course...
Barrakuda777
+86|6706|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

K3rt6699 wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

SVD. Once you understand it, and don't engage in counter sniping vs l96 or m24 at 300m + your ok.
But thats what i always do...
And I will bet you a dollar to a dime that its reflected in your vs my stats.....
Just a thought...

Kooda

P.S. Not being mean, but horses for courses, if you come up against an equally skilled opponent at a range thats to their advantage you will probably loose...
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Octavarium wrote:

My next unlock will be the M95 for 2 reasons:

1. It's like a bigger meaner looking M24
2. The bolt action is quicker than the M24

#2 is just an excuse for #1 lol!
Actually, it's not. Also, the M95 takes forever to reload.
#rekt
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6708|Great Wall

K3rt6699 wrote:

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

plastic_budgie wrote:

yeah i know what u mean. but its a TYPE 88 not SVD i find it really hard to kill with TYPE 88 it's like a musket rilfe with a scope.
To kill with Type 88 you need to be drunk first. That's all the secret

M24 > SVD > Type 88 > M95

I use all but M95. M95 is a loud piece of shit.

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

SVD of course...
You see.. I used to be bolt action lover too.. Old thread xD
McCullough
+7|6808
M24, nough said.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6361|fÄking denmark
It depends of the distance and such things ...
senor_fulff
+25|6729|Yorkshire, UK.
M24

SVD sounds like a disease and like a crap cap gun....
USARANGER01
+35|6617|America
M24
the SVD can be awsome at some times, but as a dedicated sniper, i prefer the M24 over the SVD
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6375|Earth
I live with the SVD in my hands.
Signature
FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6526|Behind you, with a knife

Wildbill100372 wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

omfg m24 pwns j00 all
I'll agree that if you have one guy in your sights and you need to get him, nothing beats the M24. But, for example, on Wake Island, the U.S. captured one of the end flags and were marching toward the inner flags. With the SVD, I was able to knock guys down much faster than I could've with an M24.
I'm sorry, but there's no SVD in wake *killing child dreams *
C0vert_F0x|1.
+5|6323
I use the SVD as an M24 with 1 shot head kills its not hard but taking multiple shots can help alot and u have 60 bullets with SVD you only get 35  with M24
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
M24 all the way baby. And when i cant have that, its time to bring out the L96
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium

C0vert_F0x|1. wrote:

I use the SVD as an M24 with 1 shot head kills its not hard but taking multiple shots can help alot and u have 60 bullets with SVD you only get 35  with M24
Meh, i like the extra zoom on the M24, makes your target bigger. Though i think both are good, so its just a matter of preference.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6521|Scotland
Svd
RiceKrispie
+27|6357|Ottawa, ON
I have an intense hatred for the SVD's sights. Sure, it's a great gun but if you're lagging at all it's just a huge puzzle trying to headshot anyone with it. Much prefer the Type 88, unfortunately not many IO servers give the opportunity to use it.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6375|Earth
Yeah, Type 88 should have been a choice as I prefer it to the SVD.
Signature
aLi3nZ
+138|6476|New Zealand
Dislike M24 and all bolt action snipers now. SVD and Type 88 Ftw.
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6459

plastic_budgie wrote:

M24 no doubt but thats the one i prefer but ime so youste to m95 now no going back but SVD can be quite good if u learn how to use it 10 bullets all head shots its a killing machine.
Slow down skippie. I preffer the SVD all the time. I can headshot easily, and just as well use it at close range.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
M24 is easier for headshots due to the scope's sights.

SVD is hard for me to head shot. I think I don't perform as well with this gun because in my mind, I see this gun as poor. It's weird! O_O
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6506|Las Vegas
Neiter, they are both sniper rifles.
K3rt6699
+70|6338

Barrakuda777 wrote:

K3rt6699 wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

SVD. Once you understand it, and don't engage in counter sniping vs l96 or m24 at 300m + your ok.
But thats what i always do...
And I will bet you a dollar to a dime that its reflected in your vs my stats.....
Just a thought...

Kooda

P.S. Not being mean, but horses for courses, if you come up against an equally skilled opponent at a range thats to their advantage you will probably loose...
Yea, my stats aint that great, that happens when you use one account, and not play constantly. I know when and who to shoot, or try to shoot at, getting killed from time to time is part of this game.

Last edited by K3rt6699 (2007-06-28 10:04:17)

niomosy
+26|6659
Depends on how I'm playing.  As a stealth Sniper, the M24.  As a battle Sniper, definitely the SVD.  I didn't used to like that gun but I've come around to it.  On maps like Warlord where I'm typically moving around a lot, it works well.  Given that I'm not the expert headshot sniper, being able to fire multiple shots really helps (I typically aim for the body, it's a tough habit to break).  Though I used to run with the L96 and just pull out the pistol as a run-and-gun Sniper.  Good times popping people off with the pistol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard