I also have to try a joystick to fly...
mouse and keyboard are good for helis but for planes....:s
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK
U dont  need a joystick
Wolphoenix
+3|6120
Wow! A lot of posts that quickly! Tnx guys! I used to have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro for BF1942, but after a month or so it just kept going left and no matter how much i recabilbrated it stayed there. Ive scrolled thourgh that aviator guide and that guy recommends a Microsoft Sidewinder. Are those any good? Atm, im suck between a Sidewinder and a Saitek.

Also, how can you fly planes with a keyboard and mouse setup? I can fly helis with that but planes go too dont react fast enough with that. Ill check he aviato guide to see what settings he used.
RaiD
+5|6582|Canada
u mm a logitech wingman or something like a sony play station controller is awesome for flying helis .. you have much better control over your throttle and maneuvers that you can pull off vs a mouse/keyboard.

I know I have used or use one so I can say with expereince that it is much better, I thought mouse keyboard was just fukin fine till I tired a Wingman controller, wayyy better ... wait and you'll see ..also practice with one for a bit before you play ... you'll love it I am sure ...

Last edited by RaiD (2007-06-28 08:05:03)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

mouse+keyboard

screw the joystick, theres not really enough room on my desk for it anyway.  As long as you aren't fighting an ace pilot, you'll do fine without a joystick.
Agreed mate... me and my G5 mouse can out manouver any pilot i have ever encounted
You haven't encountered very many pilots then
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6700|sunderland england

-=[HL]=-Phatmatt wrote:

Computer_Guy wrote:

ONLY fly jets with your joystick, otherwise get good with your mouse and keyboard for helis.
Listen to this man!
logitech extreme 3D pro
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6281
best joystick IMO is a mouse and a keyboard
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6715

teamorange wrote:

best joystick IMO is a mouse and a keyboard
I don't really like to say anything on this subject, as I have before (almost 2 years ago in fact) and it's always the same flame-war of m+k vs joystick.

I just find it funny that most people who say m+k and you click their stats and it says all you need to know. Honestly why not just try a joystick for a week (not just 2 hours) before you act like you actually know what use a joystick can be.

IMO you haven't even flown with a joystick... I appreciate that M+K can be just fine for a chopper, and it really helps to solo this way. But we're talking about planes FFS you think people would learn that that is what joysticks really are for!
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
I hate joysticks, i just don't like the feel of them

I prefer mouse and keyboard pretty much all the way, simply because it feels better.  Most of the really good pilots i ahve known fly Mouse and keyboard, at least for helicopter, and several for planes...
have you ever tried soloing with a joystick?  Thats not easy stuff...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard