stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

I think it would be interesting to have a discussion for the last parts of what may be the greatest franchise of the PC.

My personal idea of "the end"

Episode 2 will lead us into the outskirts of Combine control in City 17. Without a central leader, the Combine act more as cells. This will play a key part in episode 2 and 3 as well i think. Rebels will be fighting, and defeating, the remaining Combine in the area. I also believe that the end of Episode 2 will bring Gordon back into the ruins of City 17, where he will find something that will blow your mind, maybe like a link to Xen, or some portal of that nature.

I also think that we will be seeing glimpses of new Xen aliens and combine units in 2 and 3.

I picture the end of Half Life 3 (?) to be a hitchhiking one of the "transmissions" from Episode 1, back to the combine home planet. From there, Gordon does his thing, Gman shows up, etc.

But heres the kicker. I think that the very last scene of the Game will be Gordon looking over the Gman, standing in the wreckage of the Earth. Humans are repopulating, the world is being rebuilt. The Gman congratulates Gordon in some way, and the Gordon actually speaks. Even just one word. Then who knows. Some cinematic pans of rebuilding.

Thats my idea, what are yours?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Yeah, I would defi like to see an "invasion" of the combine home world. I think it would be pretty epic if the Combine destroy Xen and then the Vortigaunts have to live side by side with humans on earth. Maybe HL3 will have Freeman sent into the future by Gman to lead the invasion of the Combine home world with the new Human/Vortigaunt force. I think it would be cool if the president of America was a Vortigaunt at that time.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-06-26 21:33:02)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

If there's ever a 'final' HL game, hopefully it brings closure to everything.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Its been stated that Episode 2 will be the final Half-Life.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

Did they change their minds? http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halfl … es;title;1

Valve has confirmed that a third instalment is in development - apparently "Episode One is the first in a trilogy of episodes that will conclude by Christmas 2007," don't you know.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6274|Outside your Back window
I have no idea, but i bet it will be good. I love those games, that and deus ex are the only games that i feel i am really involved in. Real deep games! Half life 1 was amazing, opposing force was amazing, blue shift was kinda crappy, half life 2 was just insanely good and aint played the others.

Do you think half life 1 story was better than half life 2 story? I do i think!
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

If Gordon Talks I will Cream Myself.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Jestar12345 wrote:

If Gordon Talks I will Cream Myself.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I'm pretty sure the G-man's deal is to destroy the Combine, I'm also fairly sure he doesn't give a crap about humanity and just sees earth as a convenient battlefield to fight the Combine. He has a plan, and I'm pretty sure Gordon has already shifted from that plan, (beginning of episode 1,) and knowing the G-man as a bureaucrat, (interdimentional as he may be,) this will piss him off. I guess I'd like to see more G-man input to see what he can really do, as a good guy or a bad guy, eehh, I havent decided yet.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

Most Ep 3 rumors going around were that It'd all Be artic, around the missile silo. Maybe with the portal gun but probably not.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
pay attention to the story guys. At the end of episode one, the combine are able to get their message through that they need reinforcements. It's why they were blowing up the reactor in the first place, as they needed the power.

I doubt that we will ever see an heroic ending where gordon blows up the combine. The combine is more or less an empire of planets. Unless if this is quake, it seems a little unlikely we're going to be stopping that. I think that an ending will be to stop the combine from being capable of reaching earth, or maybe teleporting altogether.

The G-man pities the fool who speculates about him
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6576
Dr wallace breen dies , but there was that huge slug thing in eps 1. Maybe an invasion of earth on a huge scale. Then Dr Cliner (sp) and other tech geeks make a repeling machine and save the day.

Freeman walks in front of a mirror, has the shock of his life and dies from it.

Last edited by daffytag (2007-06-27 04:42:46)

Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida
An ending to the Half-Life series would be somewhat... just.. sad. I mean a series like that doesnt need an end, it should keep continuing. Maybe the end will be the destruction of earth and the combine and all the remaining humans and gordon would come live on Xen.

Last edited by [NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] (2007-06-27 05:33:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard