Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6237|Bristol

Invaderzim wrote:

I honestly dont think EA can ever make a good game ever again. Bf2 and 2142 are both epic failures
GR34
+215|6547|ALBERTA> CANADA
THe only battlefield game I will EVER BUY would be a remake of 1942 or one in Korea
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6506|Atlanta, GA
Battlefield 2007/Iraq
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
I propose BF1943 or BF1944 . . . new WW2 locations and WW2 unlocks.  I'm having visions of manning the guns of a battleship, flying a Corsair, sniping with an Enfield, charging a hill with a BAR, cleaning out a building with a Thompson just like the good ol' days of BF1942.  And who could forget airborne jeeps!  Now THAT was fun.
The_Mac
+96|6227
I like all these ideas, but I'd truly want to see a Battlefield in Korea. Mass city fights, and mass open battles in the country side.
Both sides used jets, artillery, the whole package.
I also wouldn't mind seeing another Battlefield Modern Warfare game, with more weaponry, and DX10 support.
I'd also like to see a new sort of customizing ability, like, lets say only engineers or pilots can drive/pilot vehicles/jets. This makes you want to last as long as possible in your vehicles, and so you can customize them. (i.e. adding 16 hellfires or 8 hellfires and 32 rockets in Hydra 70 pods, or 64 rockets in Hydra 70 pods. And same with the jets: load up with all bombs, all missiles, or both!)
If the USMC will still be the faction for the US, have UH-1Ys, the pilot can of course trick his out with rocket pods, but he can also have 3 rocket pods and one machine gun, or 4 rocket pods, no machine gun, or two machine gun pods, and two rocket pods!
Same thing with the MEC, Chinese, or Russians, or whatever factions they put in.
I really think another modern BF game would be orgasmic.

Second place, I think they should do another Vietnam game. Games with Vietnam need atmosphere, and BFV had that to some extent, but I think with DX10 support, they could certainly enhance jungle aspects, as well as gritty down and dirty City fights.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6684|The Lou

Sarrk wrote:

BeerzGod wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

I honestly dont think EA can ever make a good game ever again. Bf2 and 2142 are both epic failures
That may be, but EA is also smart enough to know that the Battlefield franchise is a very fruitful one, and they know that everyone will buy another BF game, including the people who do nothing but complain about the games.
Actually, the Battlefield Franchise has been soiled, I'll never buy from it again unless it's 1942 quality.
But you'll have to buy it to find out if its good won't you? And dont say that people will say its great, because people have different opinions, people said bf2142 was good, but it sucks imo.

Backupwayback wrote:

I personally dont think BF2 was a failure like some of you r saying.  ITs the first game i dotn quit after afew months.  I still think its the bets game ever made.  Name another game that offers as much and is as fun?
Unreal tournament 2004. Theres sooo many choices of what to play, i garuntee you'll find something fun to play, whether its Dodgeball, trials (my personal favorite, even though all it does is piss me off.) CTF, Vehicle CTF (my other favorite),  and so much more.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6455|Ontario, Canada

Backupwayback wrote:

I personally dont think BF2 was a failure like some of you r saying.  ITs the first game i dotn quit after afew months.  I still think its the bets game ever made.  Name another game that offers as much and is as fun?
minesweeper?

jk...ye,i agree with you
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Stingray24 wrote:

I propose BF1943 or BF1944 . . . new WW2 locations and WW2 unlocks.  I'm having visions of manning the guns of a battleship, flying a Corsair, sniping with an Enfield, charging a hill with a BAR, cleaning out a building with a Thompson just like the good ol' days of BF1942.  And who could forget airborne jeeps!  Now THAT was fun.
I could definitely go back to WWII with a modern engine.  they wouldn't even have to come up with completely unique maps, Omaha beach, Market Garden, and El Alamein are all classics.  I would miss the attack choppers but a warm BAR would definitely make up for the loss.

Vietnam would be fun as well.  And by the time they got back around to modern combat  they'd have an shiny new fully implemented DX10 engine.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6701|NCFSU2
Battlefield Korea, now that would be sweet. Imagine getting briefed for your upcoming mission by Chesty!!

"We're gonna storm the bastards and run them outta town, and once we get entrenched, make sure you write your mother."

Not a direct quote, by the way.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2007-06-26 18:18:22)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

farmerfez wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

lol?
I suppose that explains why so many people bought them.
Oscar590
The Canadian
+3|6222|Richmond, BC, Canada
I want a remake of BF Vietnam that would be cool
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
If i have my way then yes there will be.(By me having my way i mean buying out EA)
The_Mac
+96|6227

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Battlefield Korea, now that would be sweet.
If you were the USMC again, you'd get F9F Panthers, FJ-3 Furies, and Pershing Tanks! Some good, late/Post WW2 pwning devices.
Can you think of any new weapons the infantry would get though?
I know the Chinese/NKs would get Soviet Arsenals, but what else?
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6584|Windsor, Ontario, Canada

farmerfez wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

lol?
Quake War fanboy, that is why he hates those games.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
BF3: Korea 2008
armies: PLA, USMC, ROK, DPRK, Russia, maybe Japanese?
that would be sweeter...
The_Mac
+96|6227
Nah, the Koreans would essentially be the Chinese army. There'd be no point. The Japanese haven't (but should) rearm, so who knows what weaponry they'd choose?
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast

Invaderzim wrote:

no
2142 was an epic failure
all that failed in bf2 was all its fucking bugs and glitches

the game play on bf2 was good
but
where the fuck did the get the "Titian" mode from

i played 2142
fucked up my PC
removed it
and sold it on eBAY
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6510|Bournemouth, South England

henno13 wrote:

i played 2142
fucked up my PC
removed it
and sold it on eBAY
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=78694

Was this you?
0ji
+36|6230|Estados Unidos
They should remake BF1942 with better graphics and things such as the sprint feature and others.
Dragonclaw
+186|6307|Florida

Reject_Wolf wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

lol?
You dont have to be a QW fan to hate BF2 and 2142. BF2 had potential to be a good game but EA saw that any hope for a really good BF2 was crushed because they only cater to dumbass whiners. 2142 was going to be shit from the start. There are many other games that are much better and arent fucked over by whiners. CSS (even though I hate it it has alot of good mods), Quake series, UT series, pretty much any Source engine game is bound to be good, Halo, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, all these are good games and good series of games that are all much better quality than BF2 is now. BF2 was a good game a year ago when people didnt know about all these glitches, when hacking was very rare, and when most of the players werent complete asshole statwhores. Now its completely fucked over just like 2142. I honestly dont think EA or DICE can ever make a good game but if they do then thumbs up to them. EA could make a good game if they didnt listen to the community of whiners but they will never do that and until they do all their games will be shit.

Last edited by [NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] (2007-06-27 09:57:51)

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6491

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

Reject_Wolf wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

lol?
You dont have to be a QW fan to hate BF2 and 2142. BF2 had potential to be a good game but EA saw that any hope for a really good BF2 was crushed because they only cater to dumbass whiners. 2142 was going to be shit from the start. There are many other games that are much better and arent fucked over by whiners. CSS (even though I hate it it has alot of good mods), Quake series, UT series, pretty much any Source engine game is bound to be good, Halo, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, all these are good games and good series of games that are all much better quality than BF2 is now. BF2 was a good game a year ago when people didnt know about all these glitches, when hacking was very rare, and when most of the players werent complete asshole statwhores. Now its completely fucked over just like 2142. I honestly dont think EA or DICE can ever make a good game but if they do then thumbs up to them. EA could make a good game if they didnt listen to the community of whiners but they will never do that and until they do all their games will be shit.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6535|Cardiff

=[AUT]-[phoenix]= wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Phatso wrote:

I want destroyable terrain. Will add insane amounts of extra dimensions to the battlefield.
and it will add insane lag and insance CTD's, if its online
Than everybody should buy a better PC if they want that kind of stuff...
or u could play PR.  which has destructable terrain and runs on my shite PC just fine.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

tthf wrote:

BF3: Korea 2008
armies: PLA, USMC, ROK, DPRK, Russia, maybe Japanese?
that would be sweeter...
PLAN vs JMSDF naval map would make my day.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

Invaderzim wrote:

Your right, thats because EA is a publisher. They publish games, not code them.
15 more years! 15 more years!
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA

henno13 wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

no
2142 was an epic failure
all that failed in bf2 was all its fucking bugs and glitches

the game play on bf2 was good
but
where the fuck did the get the "Titian" mode from

i played 2142
fucked up my PC
removed it
and sold it on eBAY
Just because you had issues and dont like it doesnt make it a failure, a large majority of those saying it sucks havent even played it, which gives you no right.  I respect your opinion but pisses me off people judge a game by its cover. 

If EA makes a new Battlefield, REMOVE STATS.  Stats fucked the game up more then anything.  You never saw stat padders in 1942/BFV because no one cared.  There wasnt nearly as much crying and whining to EA over every little thing in those games, because peopl played for fun, not to further their E-Penis.  Look at the stat servers going down, giant fiasco and everyone complaing, fuck stats.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-27 17:38:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard