Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6485| Texas
Yeah I just got back from the oral surgeon a couple hours ago and i still feel like shit. My whole mouth and tongue are numb except for the holes in the back where my teeth were which just hurt. I've been eating oatmeal and pudding and all that stuff they say you can eat, but at least now I've finally got the bleeding stopped. I'm putting ice against my face but its all still swelling up

Any advice from people who've done this recently?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

I haven't experienced but have a nice time being dumb
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
fitz8402
+10|6617|The Halls of Montezuma
Listen to every damn thing they told you.   If you dont and you get a dry socket you will want to die.   Thats just my 2 cents
kingofkolt
+17|6230|Boston, MA, USA
Aw good luck my man, I'm getting that done myself in mid-July... not looking forward to it at all.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6652|Canada
You'll start to swell and eventually turn green or yellow and you'll look like a chipmunk. Not to scare you or anything, but it wasn't fun for me either. But it doesn't take too long to recover. Make sure to put ice on it and you'll feel better and the swelling will go down faster.
I had my wisdom teeth out a year or two ago but had jaw surgery last month. Now that wasn't fun, getting my wisdom teeth out was fun compared to that. Heh, I hate my teeth.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6669|Groningen, The Netherlands
After reading that title and clicking it, I expected to read: "...I feel dumb now "

since it didnt say that...ill go to bed
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6239
Replace gauss frequently, use the ice packs as much as possible, don't take twice as much medication as you are prescribed before anything important.  I made all of these mistakes about a year ago when I had mine out and the consequences were that my mouth bled for almost 2 days, I looked like a chipmunk, and I nearly failed a final presentation I had to give because I couldn't keep my train of thought for more than a few seconds.  Basically, just do what the doctors told you to do.  It's kind of a burden, but it really does help.  If you want to see what happens when you ignore them, see above.  And have fun being all drugged up, it's one of the few times you can be in such a state without any legal ramifications.
8thward
+2|6213|New Orleans,La
They didn't put stitches in there? When i had my wisdom teeth extracted a year ago they put me to sleep and stitched me up with some stitches that dissolved after a few weeks i had no problem with bleeding at all or swelling
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire
Pain involving teeth is the worst kind of pain in the world ...thankfully there aren't too many women on here to counter with the boringly predictable 'giving birth' retort! Get well soon mate.
Darkfire
+34|6485| Texas

Gamematt wrote:

After reading that title and clicking it, I expected to read: "...I feel dumb now "

since it didnt say that...ill go to bed
yeah, i got that after thinking about it for awhile, but i cant really focus fully on  anything cause of the drugs they gave me, so humor isnt coming very fast to me right now

8thward wrote:

They didn't put stitches in there? When i had my wisdom teeth extracted a year ago they put me to sleep and stitched me up with some stitches that dissolved after a few weeks i had no problem with bleeding at all or swelling
yeah they did but they said because of how my mouth is, it was going to bleed for awhile and they gave me a large supply of guass to stop it

and im already starting to get the chipmunk look, which if my mouth didnt hurt would be hilarious
Crazy-Madness
+8|6491
i lost 4 othr teeths instead of the wisdom..      2 teeths  were baby teeths  which  dont fall out because no  normal teeth were kicking it out^^

but i say.. HAAHAAHAA   i got a narcosis  and it was lovely...   

To lie there
get some thing on the fingers for the pulse
both hands were unmovable...
then you get a needle  for  something with blood in  the arm
then  the big mask is coming to you... lovely...
from one to other second you feel weird...

then i said... Good Night  and i was flying

and no swelling...  lucky me must get no  wisdom teeth out
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6463|The edge of sanity
Man that sucks big time. To make u feel better ill tell u that my oral surgent will cut a hole in my gums to rip out 4 baby teeth and hook up a mechanism to pull my adult canines out. Its gonna be fun!
<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6326|Canadia

Darkfire wrote:

I've been eating oatmeal and pudding and all that stuff they say you can eat,
you now have oatmeal lodged in you wisdom tooth hole congrats
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL
Got all four impacted wisdom teeth out last year, busted a stitch four hours later, swallowed so much blood I threw up.

Here's hoping yours goes better than mine...

BTW, the swelling will get worse for 2-3 days, and then you'll get better.  It takes along time for your mouth to stop feeling weird though.

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2007-06-25 18:55:40)

CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6596|California U.S.A
You'll feel like shit until at least the 3rd day when it will be managable. You'll feel normal-ish by a weeks time

The next morning is gonna feel like someone shoved a plumbing snake in your mouth if you can survive that you'll be okay, follow the instructions for gargling with salt water (it really helps and eases the pain and take your perscribed pain killers until it you don't need them.

try not to move your jaws too much.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6596|California U.S.A
Oh yeah tonight try to sleep in a recliner chair, or prop a bunch of pillows so your head is elevated as high as you can stand it,

try to avoid rolling over on your jaw or side of face while sleeping.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

I still have my wisdom teeth.  Is that weird?

30yrs old BTW
Darkfire
+34|6485| Texas

usmarine2005 wrote:

I still have my wisdom teeth.  Is that weird?

30yrs old BTW
if they werent impacted (on their side, not coming in straight up) then i dont think you have any reason to have them removed

and if they were impacted and started coming through your gums, believe me you would know

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard