Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

Matt^ wrote:

Any one have a beta key that i could use? I have been trying to get one all day but i couldn't.
Should be open at 10PM PST. If you are regsitered ( not a subscriber ) you should be able to get one.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6238|Escea

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Found this - a few of the guys that made ETQW talking about it on a forum

M.O.A.B wrote:

I have the beta installed but everytime I try to open it up it comes up with this

ERROR: The current video card / driver combination does not support the necessary features: GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

Anybody got any leads or will my compy not handle this
Here's my specs
Nvidia 6800 256MB
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Update drivers maybe?
Yeah I've done that, works now . I have to say I quite like the gameplay, even though my gfx are on low, and whenever I try to make them higher Windows crashes and I get the dreaded blue screen, but still its quite good IMO.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6547
The flying thing while simple to fly seems to be completely useless offensively. The autolock feature on the missiles takes 10 min to lock on and you gotta look dead at your target which kind of defeats the purpose. The gunner doesnt have a jolly time either since the hyperblaster needs to get a direct hit to make a kill which is rather hard. They will prolly beef the flying thing eventually.

I really enjoy the infantry combat since it reminds me of the good old Quake 3 days where the guy who is more accurate and nimble wins the fight and not where the guy who jumps goes prone in mid air rinses and repeats wins the fights.
The_killer2
hai
+36|6191|North Carolina

Zimmer wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

Any one have a beta key that i could use? I have been trying to get one all day but i couldn't.
Should be open at 10PM PST. If you are regsitered ( not a subscriber ) you should be able to get one.
I see the the ad were it says quake wars open beta will continue click for details i click it and it just goes to a black screen. Is that not were you go to for the keys?

Last edited by Matt^ (2007-06-24 13:10:14)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

Matt^ wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

I see the the ad wre it says quake wars open beta will continue click for details i click it and it just goes to a black screen. Is that not were you go to for the keys?
Yes. Gamespy fucked up big time. They screwed around and the beta system just crashed now.
The_killer2
hai
+36|6191|North Carolina

Zimmer wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I see the the ad wre it says quake wars open beta will continue click for details i click it and it just goes to a black screen. Is that not were you go to for the keys?
Yes. Gamespy fucked up big time. They screwed around and the beta system just crashed now.
Right when a new ad comes up and says last chance to get beta keys and the link doesn't work.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6680|NT, like Mick Dundee

Gaston wrote:

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

Gaston wrote:

I don`t like it - map as big as a handkerchief, terrible sound, bad vehicle physics, no global unlocks - that`s just for start.
Stick with bf2 and 2142, I dont think anyone wants you in QW. How can you complain about it having no unlocks? Are you really that stupid? This isnt a game designed for retards, you have to practice and know what you are doing just like in Wolfenstein.
Yeah, yeah talk to me, everything is just perfect - team play like no other!!!! COOOOOL! Acourding to you anyone playing BF2 and 2142 is a retard - right? And playing BF2 or 242 needs no practice and we don't know what we are doing - is that right?
Every game has a learning curve.

The ET games just have a deceptive one. After an hour I thought I'd mastered Wolf:ET's combat system.......

Thanks to the depth of class based strategy it took me about 5mins to realise I was very, very wrong. Also was getting my ass whooped by Field Ops and their fucking arty. Ah well, it's like being sniped, but more spectacular.

Wish the server side issues were sorted, most people tell me that's where my lag issues come in and the server side programming needs an overhaul.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
{HMS}_jee
+15|6662

Flecco wrote:

Wish the server side issues were sorted, most people tell me that's where my lag issues come in and the server side programming needs an overhaul.
The netcode at this stage is atrocious (well to me at least). Gameplay isn't exactly smooth even though there are just 24 players on the server, and I thought that having to lead targets when firing is a thing of the past? it's not hard to get to grips with, but it makes using weapons such as the sniper rifles a pain.
Gaston
+2|6243

Flecco wrote:

Gaston wrote:

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

Stick with bf2 and 2142, I dont think anyone wants you in QW. How can you complain about it having no unlocks? Are you really that stupid? This isnt a game designed for retards, you have to practice and know what you are doing just like in Wolfenstein.
Yeah, yeah talk to me, everything is just perfect - team play like no other!!!! COOOOOL! Acourding to you anyone playing BF2 and 2142 is a retard - right? And playing BF2 or 242 needs no practice and we don't know what we are doing - is that right?
Every game has a learning curve.

The ET games just have a deceptive one. After an hour I thought I'd mastered Wolf:ET's combat system.......

Thanks to the depth of class based strategy it took me about 5mins to realise I was very, very wrong. Also was getting my ass whooped by Field Ops and their fucking arty. Ah well, it's like being sniped, but more spectacular.

Let me tell you what I mastered. After several rounds of extreme tank whoring(because of the gun having a massive splash) as an engineer(because you gain extra points for repairing your empty damaged armour!). Near my all mighty armour I have constructed an AA tower for additional protection. In round 4 I have 3 engy stars - giving me GL and fast repair(and repair is really fast even without it). I also earned 3 stars in vehicle combat allowing extra vehicle weapon damage. I was awarded for staying alive 2 stars. From that moment I finished 3 times 1st with more than 200 points - just extensive tank camping. And all this without completing a single objective(in a game that is about objectives)?!?! It reminds me of a CS rounds: you play with pistol, saving for sniper. Some of the games we loose, so what, my performance was good! However  I think all this is neither fair nor right!

P.S.
What I don't like most about objective mode is the inability to mount a counterattack. When you loose an objective it is final. Of course this was and still is the way to play this type of games.
shadowkila
+26|6426|Canada
More beta keys are available NOW!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
the guns are too much spray and pray, and the vehicle physics suck. I couldn't help but get BF2 flashbacks when my tank crushed me after I got out to repair it having managed to get twice as many points as the second best player on the server
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6587|USA
keys are available for today!
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6546

new engine needed

nuff said
Dragonclaw
+186|6321|Florida
Some of the vehicles seem to be too fast for the terrain so the physics are crap. The guns need to have either increased recoil and spread or have some kind of accuracy increase when prone/crouched or standing still and not be able to hit must while moving and jumping. I think the engine is fine it just needs to have some of the problems ironed out.
hotrod1
+0|6323
Thanks guys for telling me about more keys, I am glad I able to now try out the beta.
Entertayner
+826|6586

This beta is SHIT!
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6527
I have 5 extra beta keys
GR34
+215|6561|ALBERTA> CANADA
I personality think that the GDF assault rifle's rate of fire (ROF) is way to dam show thay should get some advantage!
Dragonclaw
+186|6321|Florida

Entertayner wrote:

This beta is the SHIT!
Fixed.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6768|Toronto, ON

Punkbu$ter wrote:

Flecco wrote:

The netcode at this stage is atrocious (well to me at least). Gameplay isn't exactly smooth even though there are just 24 players on the server, and I thought that having to lead targets when firing is a thing of the past? it's not hard to get to grips with, but it makes using weapons such as the sniper rifles a pain.
I have 85% accuracy with the GDF sniper rifle.  Sniping in this game is the easiest thing ever, even easier than BF2 sniping.
Alpha as fuck.
Dragonclaw
+186|6321|Florida

Nyte wrote:

Punkbu$ter wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I have 85% accuracy with the GDF sniper rifle.  Sniping in this game is the easiest thing ever, even easier than BF2 sniping.
Try to snipe while I keep pounding you with my uber dark matter cannon.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6455|Brisbane, Australia

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

I have 5 extra beta keys
can i please have one! it is closed now,, and it said i had to pay before
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
shadowkila
+26|6426|Canada

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

I have 5 extra beta keys
can i please have one! it is closed now,, and it said i had to pay before
Dam i'll take one also if you wouldn't mind.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6680|NT, like Mick Dundee

I enjoy it a lot. My issues with it are far outweighed by the enjoyment I get from the ability to affect the outcome of the game on my own... Something which they nerfed out of BF2 and never had in 2142.

The inability for the Strogg to counter attack is crap, I agree... Blasting the crap out of any GDF who move from cover with the Strogg arty outweighs it though, I like to keep it varied and use all three different types of arty, as the dark matter cannon isn't always the best choice.

Only thing I'd like to see is a slight tuning of the accuracy of weapons.

Oh and Tayner only says it's shit because he doesn't have a key. ... His loss. Bahaha...

The gameplay in this beta has me won over, I'm getting the demo asap and buying asap.

Last edited by Flecco (2007-06-24 18:45:27)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6768|Toronto, ON
I'm gonna make a sniper video of this before the other posers do.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard