Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6513|Valley of the Dragons
The explanation for this is really simple. People that havent been playing for a month disappear from the rankings list.

So if a couple of guys above you havent played for lets say 25 days before the Stats-bug, and ofcourse cannt play now, they will drop from the ranking and you will move up.

The bug is only in the feedback from the game-servers --> Gamespy. The stats themselves remain untouched. Thats why everybody panicking about o noes my account is lost etc etc are wrong. Your account is still there only you cannt update your stats by playing.

I allready posted this in another thread, but I thought by throwing it in a new topic it would stand out more.

Mod Edit: Abusing karma will result in a temp ban. (If you think what you are doing is questionable then dont do it cause you will be banned for "Abusing the Karma System")
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

mod wrote:

Mod Edit: Abusing karma will result in a temp ban. (If you think what you are doing is questionable then dont do it cause you will be banned for "Abusing the Karma System")
Wow ... no sense of humor whatsoever. You missed the I guess. Get a cup of coffee and put your mod hat back on
Jamesey
I HATE you
+26|6168|Scotland!
Ahahaha
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6476|A W S M F O X
Owned tbh.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

Aw god dammit! I haven't played in about six months! I don't want my account deleted, I still might pick it up again!
Bah. EA will give me everything back if I ask them nicely, they want to keep me on their side. If I get wiped I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to get my Bf2 soldier back.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6779|Cambridge (UK)
I believe they don't actually wipe your stats, they just don't show up in the leaderboards.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

Oh okay then. I don't give a crap about leaderboard placings, I'm somewhere near the people who are uninspiringly average. I just don't want to get my unlocks back, it takes a bloody long time and I'm not bothered.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
psH
Banned
+217|6396|Sydney
Well still this whole ker-fuffel is bullcrap, i think they need to bring their crap together. I mean, people expected this to last a week end,

Except is probably gonna last a month.

Last edited by Doms (2007-06-23 03:16:49)

Jemme101
M24 Abuser

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I believe they don't actually wipe your stats, they just don't show up in the leaderboards.
Yeah what he said ... your account will never be deleted. If you cheat/hack/k&p it can be reset, but never be deleted as far as I know.

It will stay on whatever you left it at the time.
JaggedPanther
+61|6487

Jemme101 wrote:

The explanation for this is really simple. People that havent been playing for a month disappear from the rankings list.

So if a couple of guys above you havent played for lets say 25 days before the Stats-bug, and ofcourse cannt play now, they will drop from the ranking and you will move up.

The bug is only in the feedback from the game-servers --> Gamespy. The stats themselves remain untouched. Thats why everybody panicking about o noes my account is lost etc etc are wrong. Your account is still there only you cannt update your stats by playing.

I allready posted this in another thread, but I thought by throwing it in a new topic it would stand out more.

That is the answer I gave out when this started happening; But I realized they are moving up to fast for that explaination now. It is possible EA is deleting some accounts in an effort to narrow the problem.
Ricerckt93
+69|6665

Jemme101 wrote:

So........Does this mean, If they do NOT fix the problem by a Months time, we will have a "clear" Leaderboard?

Because, Noone will be able to update their stats.

Just a thought.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6691|Middle of nowhere
i just can't believe this has gone on for what... 10-11 days?

rediculous
CommieChipmunk
+488|6583|Portland, OR, USA
I hope EA just goes down the shitter.... ALL of their games coming out for next gen systems look like absolute shit.  Every single sports games just keeps getting worse and worse, they don't even put in effort anymore -- they really need to go under and a new company needs to step up
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6759|Mexico City
man, and i thought i was getting closer to the top 100 commanders....shit............
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6754|In your head
Seriously who cares?! Stats are over rated and all the are is pixels.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6705|Calgary

Ty wrote:

Oh okay then. I don't give a crap about leaderboard placings, I'm somewhere near the people who are uninspiringly average. I just don't want to get my unlocks back, it takes a bloody long time and I'm not bothered.
what?? you don't play 6.35 hrs per day...........bad
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6779|Cambridge (UK)

Ricerckt93 wrote:

So........Does this mean, If they do NOT fix the problem by a Months time, we will have a "clear" Leaderboard?

Just a thought.
I suspect that's the point.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Just a thought.
I suspect that's the point.
And you would be right. Thats how the Leaderboards work. I frequently check the Sniper Rifle boards myself, because some guys log on now and again to play the odd game like ChikyuuShoujoArujuna. He sometimes doesnt log on for a month, but after that month he disappears from the #3  position in the Sniper Rifle ranking ...

ChikyuuShoujoArujuna - 42.934 Sniper Rifle Kills (Last Battle on 2007-05-19)

Sniper Rifle ranking

The number of kills (Rifle) made by ChikyuuShoujoArujuna would see him on the #4 position, but because he hasnt played in over a month he isnt on there.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6658
they dont delete your stats if you dont play I just checked my profile...
=EXP=Shadow
+3|6168|Swansea Wales
nope they dont as my old clan stats still there lol !!

http://bf2s.com/player/72051155/

Last edited by =EXP=Shadow (2007-06-24 02:53:09)

JaggedPanther
+61|6487
Who you talking to?? Cos they don't delete inactive accounts; they just dissappear automatically. If they delete suspicious accounts manually, then that's a different story.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6242|NSW, Australia

Doms wrote:

Except is probably gonna last a month.
or more
abbamama
+3|6655|Andromeda
EA must give all players some points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6502|Gogledd Cymru

Whats that fellow bf2s members, wondering why youre stats arent updating ?

Do not fear click my sig for the answer to all your statistical needs.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6571|Hungary
I want my scores that i earned the past 2 weeks...but they are lost

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard