orange_ninja
+1|6170|Behind j00

secshunayt wrote:

chittydog wrote:

[GSF]AFROPUFF wrote:

other poster >>> lol he's got 256 megs of ran, and a 64 meg video card,

You think thats bad? lol i'am old enough that i was running on sims and processors at 90mhz  with windows 1.3 or somthing like that, its been a while
Probably Windows 3.1. If you had a 90MHz machine, it had to be a Pentium, which didn't come out til after 3.1 and 3.11 where on the market for a while. My first was a Pentium 75 with Win 3.11, all my buds were jealous cuz they were still on 486s. Oh yeah.
ha, i've got a 25mhz i486 sitting torn apart in my room right now. A whopping 4 megabytes of ram in that beast, running atop Windows 3.1 on a 129 megabyte Maxtor hard drive.
tats quite a beast of a machine u got there
Cyberjackal
+1|6279|Owatonna, MN, USA
Gosh...this thing is really getting dragged out...
Does ANYONE know EXACTLY what the problem is???

Come on EA & Dice...good grief!!!!!
Suicidal
+20|6506

toutinette wrote:

you are retards, EA is doing that on purpose to phase out this game and push you to buy another one...

morons
You have a brain the size of a small shrimp
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6280|Pennsyltucky

Cyberjackal wrote:

Gosh...this thing is really getting dragged out...
Does ANYONE know EXACTLY what the problem is???

Come on EA & Dice...good grief!!!!!
I read the forums here and a few other places.

Lot's of opinions but I don't think anyone knows except EA, and they're not telling !

I liked the idea someone posted a few posts back.

Rather than advertising Tampon they should be giving us at least a message saying "WE KNOW".

Since I'm a capitalist Yank I have to believe they will be back.  As mentioned EA makes plenty of money off the servers, they're not going to want to lose that income.

I just find it very frustrating that EA isn't telling us what the problem is even on their OWN forums!

For a company as large as they are it's unforgivable that this has gone on for over a week now.
Votke
+1|6171
EA does know:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=Eg549LEi&p_faqid=14853

Question

June 15th Ongoing Battlefield 2 Stats Outage
      Answer

EA Customer Support is currently aware of a stat outage which is affecting several players. We are working extremely hard to pinpoint the cause of the issue and correct it. EA|Dice, EA Customer Support and all the Battlefield Partners are dedicated to making sure that your game play experience remains exciting and that your hard work is recorded while playing Battlefield.

While every effort will be made to include stats gained during the outage, there is a possibility that those earned during this brief period will not be reflected in your final stats total. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and apologize for the inconvenience.

If you wish to receive a notification of any changes or updates on this issue please click the Notify me.. button at the bottom of this page.

ToughGuy#3
+2|6156
This might be a breach of EA's implied warranty of merchantability for their product.
GnySgtFrost
+1|6216

Votke wrote:

EA does know:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=14853

Question

June 15th Ongoing Battlefield 2 Stats Outage
      Answer

EA Customer Support is currently aware of a stat outage which is affecting several players. We are working extremely hard to pinpoint the cause of the issue and correct it. EA|Dice, EA Customer Support and all the Battlefield Partners are dedicated to making sure that your game play experience remains exciting and that your hard work is recorded while playing Battlefield.

While every effort will be made to include stats gained during the outage, there is a possibility that those earned during this brief period will not be reflected in your final stats total. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and apologize for the inconvenience.

If you wish to receive a notification of any changes or updates on this issue please click the Notify me.. button at the bottom of this page.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just love the way the above message from EA understates things like, "which is affecting several players" and "during this brief period" ... these people display such arrogance when dealing with a powerful repeat purchase group like us! It's funny how EA thinks it's the future of gaming when really it's just like a big elephant in the jungle- everytime it moves things get busted up!  No info = no respect.
Krupp23
+2|6216
I also wish they would keep is informed how far they are on their repairs...

Like the BF2s.com site owner did some time ago.

For example (I do not know about the stat server architecture, just guessing):
*Day 0: Stats are down
*Day 1: We are aware of the stats being down and are searching for reason...
*Day 2: Reason found: 2 hard drives corrupted, approx. 200,000 player accounts affected, trying to restore with backups...
*Day 4: Stats-master server is up and running again with backups from June 14th, waiting for the slave servers to apply changes...
*Day 6: Stats are completely synced again, have fun playing...

Last edited by Krupp23 (2007-06-22 01:48:22)

GnySgtFrost
+1|6216
Jeremy from PureP got it right- EA sucks both his balls!

No info= No respect.
crazitrain02
+1|6489|Hawaii
You would think that they would just go to some backup tape that they made the day or two prior to this entire issue and restore the server, but then again.... who knows what they are doing right now anyways....
=EXP=Shadow
+3|6152|Swansea Wales
know in EA there not doing much !!!!!
mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6181
heres a working ranked server atm.  (check my stats, gold and silver star on the 22nd)

ARSE clan
193.238.84.68:16587
=EXP=Shadow
+3|6152|Swansea Wales
and is it still giving points ???? i know The =EXP= server not ip is 193.93.45.116:16567 which is IO karkand mainly

Last edited by =EXP=Shadow (2007-06-22 02:31:00)

hoad47
+2|6740|Sydney
i got the expert medic the other night... a lil' excited i was- just quietly....... BUT NO!.. alas.. no badge for me.. Oh the Shame.. The shame of it ALL!!..But you know what... I'm going to look past this, because for just one reason alone.... That reason is.. i reckon this is one of, if not the BEST frikken game on the pc..imo.. the "bugs" are annoying.. but so are taxes.. some of the people playing suck.. but whats new..  nothing will ever be perfect thats just the way it is.. enjoy it all.. quit ya crying (if you are ) get over it, congrats to EA and dice.. well done.
PS EA can you please hurry the f**k up with the stats but.... its pissen me off... f**ken sh*t game
Pudknocker71
+1|6153
Ooo! Hey! Just had an Idea! We have a points system right here! Lets run around like a bunch of fruity fags and give each other KARMA points! Ya! That's the ticket! Then we can go blow someone up when we go postal (on BF2 of course)! I'm thing...ummm..TEAM Sniping YA!
Pudknocker71
+1|6153
Ya know I just started this hole gaming thing. Just built this computer this year from mostly old parts. Started with Far Cry. Played on line for a while. Then another friend turned me onto this game. Have any other games been phased out?

Why couldn't our stats be held on our computers and not a server. If there is stats padding then what's the use? (I may not understand stats padding). Seems this wasn't thought out very well.
k.one
+22|6191|Finland
hey guys calm down ea/dice guys are now in summer holiday
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6368|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

mnishimura00 wrote:

heres a working ranked server atm.  (check my stats, gold and silver star on the 22nd)

ARSE clan
Im not sure its the server. It players. I went on a server of a friend who is getting his stats recorded, but I didn't get mine, in fact it says I haven't had a game since June 7th.

So I think this 200,000 includes me.

P.S. Everyone on Bf2s.com who is posting here, lets not get too upset about this whole thing, as getting angry isn't going to make EA/Gamespy sort this out any quicker. Plenty of people have hassled them, all we can do it wait and hope.

Afterall, we have come to expect this sort of thing anyway, so whats new?

Last edited by nighthawk843 (2007-06-22 03:40:33)

RaiD
+5|6609|Canada
Mabey its older PIDS thats are not updating and the newer ones are or something along that nature ...
bullet_in_the_brain
+1|6152
wohoo, way way way over the recomanded.... go 5000dhs upgrade.... thts bout 750 squids.

i hope i get a betakey, but if i dont ioll buy the game the second it is realised.
GnySgtFrost
+1|6216
Summer break shouldn't affect a professional outfit that runs a live gaming business.
They're all out on the jetskis and 4x4's we bought them!
I hope EA monitors this an other reputable/related sites... although I highly doubt it.
Solid Lore
+0|6152
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/EASTATS/
Because there's just nothing better to do but record the stats of how many people sign.

[edit]
Should point out I'm most likely NOT actually sending them that petition, it's just to see how many people sign as afterall a petition wouldn't actually get anything done.

Last edited by Solid Lore (2007-06-22 04:32:15)

FI-SCOTTY
+16|6693|Scotland
With all respect to "fubar" a member of the BF2Player.com forum here is the latest response from Violet who "seems" to be responding on behalf of EA.
Dont flame me if you dont like what you read.

Here's the latest news from  Violet.

Starting around the 13th-15th, we saw a sharp increase in soldiers reporting that their stats, awards, and rank are not updating. This is under heavy investigation since, as you know, the ranking system is a central feature of the game.
------------------

I previously asked you for server information, and that was incredibly helpful. IGN and our teams are reviewing *huge* amounts of data from the RSPs to pinpoint the issue. We have found that it is not the stats server itself as we have seen normal processing for a large number of soldiers. So we are now digging deeper into the data and servers that report to the stats server to follow the issue down to the source and, ultimately, get the rest of you and your servers working the way they should.
------------------

Also, I wanted to let you know that we have an answer up about the stats outage (linked below). If you click the Notify Me… button in the answer, you’ll receive an update whenever new information is added.

http://support. ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php? p_faqid=14853
------------------

I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue and I'll provide updates in this main post as they are available. I'm leaving this thread open for your ideas and comments, but please keep it as civil and on topic as possible.

Thank you again!

~Violet
Solid Lore
+0|6152
If I could give Karma, I would. Thanks FI-SCOTTY it's nice to know what they're actually doing rather then being kept in the dark!
_1_MAN-ARMY.17
+27|6218|Turkey

mnishimura00 wrote:

ARSE clan
this clan is ASSHOLE got banned for DONT LIKE UR PLAYING.          WtF?!?!?!?!?!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard