Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
I see a lot of 'what unlock should I get thread' - I mean, picking unlocks is hard most of the time (Especially when you don't have a specific target). I'm interested to see that most of the responses are along the lines of 'go for this unlock, then go up that tree then go here'. It seems as if they're directions to people, telling them where to go - or in this case, which unlocks to pick.

So which 'route' did you take?

For me, I went up the medic-assault tree towards the Baur, then went for the Sniper-recon tree towards the Zeller (without actually getting the Zeller) while going for the Voss tree at the same time, then I went for the Clark shotgun and the Sentry gun - with a few squad leader/player ability unlocks here and there. Then, went for the support sentry tree, Lambert tree (which was half-complete anyway), engineer trees (both) and finally the NS unlocks.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6544|Valhalla
I did mine by class first in this order...
Recon 
Engineer
Assault
Support
then the player ability unlocks(that’s right that’s how I did it), followed by the NS unlocks
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6670
i did the baur tree first (as im a mainly assault player) and got the squad leader beacon, then as i was doing the voss tree i also went for player abilities and stopped after the two sprint upgrades.  Then the lambert tree followed by the clark tree because these two guns offer something completely different to the recon and support kits.  I then did the pilum tree, ganz tree while finishing off player abilities, the zeller tree but without getting the zeller and finally the SAAW tree.  Then just finished off the squad leader toys and finished with the zeller!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
I just created a new account yesterday and this is the order I went:

ALL global unlocks.  Grenades, sprint, pistol clip...all of it.
Spawn Beacon.
Baur Tree.
Now I'm going up the Clark tree.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6450|A drop house
All sniper/ Recon trees.
Baur tree.
All Engineer trees.
Clark tree.
Voss tree.
Ganz tree.
Then all of the player abilities.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478
First I got the 'nades and sprint unlocks. Then up the Ganz tree, then Lambert tree, then defibrillator, then baur tree, then Clark tree, then Pilum tree, then all the other engi unlocks save the AA gun. Then it got all screwed up because I was in the NS beta and I unlocked stuff then had the unlock credits taken away. but then I got the Voss and SAAW. Then I finished with the Zeller. As of right now I have all the unlocks I could ever use.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6325
i did all the trees in the following order

1) recon
2) assault
3) support
4) almost done with engineer
Buzerk1
+44|6846
Wow it's been a while

I was playing Titan a lot, so I went for both the support and Engi three. But my first unlock where grenade and sprint.

Every 2 unlock I was going for a player ability. Amazing what an extra clip or grenande can do for you

EDIT: Unlock I stayed away from: SAAW, Recon decoy and that useless grenade for medic (not the smoke).

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2007-06-20 10:59:13)

DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6742|Germany, near Koblenz

Buzerk1 wrote:

Wow it's been a while
Really can't remember it but I know for sure, that I started with the general upgrades and the Spec Ops equipment (APM, RDX & Lambert). Did the explosive gold within 4 or 5 days because it (still) is the most easy vanilla gold and 1,000 points (plus silver plus silver recon) boost things up at the beginning. Unfortunately it took a looong time until we got explosives pins for APM kills too.

Last unlocks I did were Baur (prefered spray & pray), Ganz (stock were better), SL drones (useless hit me signs) and SAAW (pure crap those days).

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-06-20 09:49:19)

imortal
+240|6675|Austin, TX
I am pretty anal retentive, so I made out a list when I first started to play.  I also concentrated on the engineer.

My first ten were:
1.Assault B1- Defribrillator
2. Global 1- Hand Grenades
3. Global 2- Increased Stamina
4. Global 3- Increased Sprint recovery
5. Engineer A1- Defuser
6. Engineer A2- Netbat
7. Engineer A3- Vehicle Sonar
8. Engineer A4- Pilum AVR
9. Support A1- EMP grenades
10. Engineer B1- EMP mines
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6245|Bristol
i have only got the nades on that tree, you dont need to go up it, pointless
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6185|sverige
f2000
ZamoII
+11|6229

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

what on the player upgrades tree? lol dude, if your telling me sprint and sprint recovery are useless, you cant have much experience at 2142...if any.
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6245|Bristol

ZamoII wrote:

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

what on the player upgrades tree? lol dude, if your telling me sprint and sprint recovery are useless, you cant have much experience at 2142...if any.
look the sprint you get is fine anyway, of course unless you want to run through the whole map on foot... and the recovery, boo who you recover fine as it is
Avantek
Banned
+7|6358|New York
1) Assault kit the best kit
2) Recon for titan destruction
3) Support fun to play
4) Engineer  noob kit never use it
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

ZamoII wrote:

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

look the sprint you get is fine anyway, of course unless you want to run through the whole map on foot... and the recovery, boo who you recover fine as it is
Um, no.

Mate, play with the sprint unlock. It makes a world of difference.

The extra 'nade is very handy too.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

I can't remember past unlocking the zeller tree and then the lambert tree.

All i remember is regretting not unlocking assault fully by the stage i realized it was the best class.

Get assault (all of it) first! Well second after grenades, sprint etc.

I have everything now anyway lol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Thothexy
+0|6162
Baur tree, Voss tree, Lambert tree, APM mines, Ganz tree, player unlocks up to Maxiclip, Clark tree, Pilum tree, then NS Bauer and 1st squad leader unlock; now I'm working on the SAAW tree. Motion mines, baby.

Last edited by Thothexy (2007-06-24 01:36:53)

kptk92
u
+972|6418|tc_london
I think I started with the IPS Shield & EMP Nades, then the three Player Abilities, then the whole Recon trees, then I did all of the Support tree except both of the weapons (at the time, the Ganz sucked and I wasn't keen on the Shotgun), then the whole Assault trees, all of the Engineer, then the remainder of the Player Abilities, then the Clark Shottie, then SAAW and finally, the Ganz. Then I did all of the NS unlocks.

Still don't see why I chose Ganz the last, tis my fav weapon
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6245|Bristol

Spark wrote:

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

ZamoII wrote:

Um, no.

Mate, play with the sprint unlock. It makes a world of difference.

The extra 'nade is very handy too.
extra nade is pointless, theres plently of support guys to resupply you anyway, when i get a field upgrade sometimes i could the sprint, and what difference to me does it make, none, i dont run through the whole map on foot
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6310
im doing full assault then engi then lambert then after that dotn care (ofcourse did sprints and greandes first)

Last edited by Backupwayback (2007-06-24 10:24:16)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6750
Started with Assault I think, then did engineer.

My first unlock was the Medic revive tool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard