Phaaze
+1|6192
I have been playing BF2 for awhile now but lost my SF CD-Key after formatting my system so I've been playing just BF2 on a new account for the past 3 months or so... Anyway, I'm now a Gunnery Sergeant and decided I wanted to play some SF so I went out and bought the entire BF2 Collection Pack for $39.99... I installed it and played a few rounds in SF and have not yet had the option to get my unlocks in SF, EF, or AF...

What do I need to do to receive the unlocks for my rank in the booster packs?

Thanks,
- Phaaze
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6860|Grapevine, TX
post your account info, i.e. account name...

EDIT: you have all the unlocks accounted for as an E-7 Gunnery Sergent... wait for your promotion for another unlock.

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2007-06-16 01:32:00)

Phaaze
+1|6192
Phaaze.420
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6678
sounds as if something with the installation has been messed up - but thats just me guessing. anyway, when in doubt, reinstall the whole package - that might solve it
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6588|Brisbane, Aus

Ah, cause it's the weekend everyone's stats aren't updating, Hence it won't log your time on SF (which is all you need to get the Tier 2 unlocks)

wait a few days and it'll straighten itself out

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-06-16 01:33:53)

Phaaze
+1|6192
Also, is there supposed to be a start menu item for EF and AF like there is for SF? I only have a start menu item for BF2 and SF... I have tried reinstalling EF and AF and still no start menu item(s)...

Last edited by Phaaze (2007-06-16 01:33:50)

Phaaze
+1|6192

Fenix14 wrote:

Ah, cause it's the weekend everyone's stats aren't updating, Hence it won't log your time on SF (which is all you need to get the Tier 2 unlocks)

o.0 Are you serious? I would think EA would keep their systems auto updating on the weekends as well...
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6588|Brisbane, Aus

Phaaze wrote:

Also, is there supposed to be a start menu item for EF and AF like there is for SF? I only have a start menu item for BF2 and SF... I have tried reinstalling EF and AF and still no start menu item(s)...
They added into normal BF2, just have to find an EF/AF server and join

Phaaze wrote:

o.0 Are you serious? I would think EA would keep their systems auto updating on the weekends as well...
yeah just takes a bit since it's time most people can play, all around the world, so there's quite a demand.

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-06-16 01:37:02)

Phaaze
+1|6192

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

post your account info, i.e. account name...

EDIT: you have all the unlocks accounted for as an E-7 Gunnery Sergent... wait for your promotion for another unlock.
Erm, I thought I was supposed to get my SF unlocks from previous ranks when I installed the expansion... I remember on my old account I would get 2 unlocks a rank (1 BF2, 1 SF)
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6860|Grapevine, TX

Phaaze wrote:

Fenix14 wrote:

Please Click Me and read a few posts, Thanks.

Fenix14 wrote:

Phaaze wrote:

They added into normal BF2, just have to find an EF/AF server and join

Phaaze wrote:

yeah just takes a bit since it's time most people can play, all around the world, so there's quite a demand.
This is true, go play on a SF, Eu or AF mod and you'll get your unlocks...
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6588|Brisbane, Aus

Once you play a round of SF, you instantly get 2 unlocks

Then every rank up you get 2 unlocks instead of 1.

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-06-16 01:42:14)

Phaaze
+1|6192

Fenix14 wrote:

Once you play a round of SF, you instantly get 2 unlocks

Then every rank up you get 2 unlocks instead of 1.
Alright, I guess I'll go play SF a few more rounds.. I've already gotten my Veteran Sniper Badge in SF... o.0 But no unlocks yet...

It is probably just taking it's time to update. I should catch up on some sleep anyway... lol

Last edited by Phaaze (2007-06-16 01:46:09)

Salinity1
+2|6375
I had the same problem, I only recently bought SF and didn't get the unlocks straight away.  Then I got 6 at once a few days later.  Let us know how it goes
FeLBuG
+2|6191
Sorry if I get you wrong, but what exactly is your problem? That you can choose your unlocks in SF or that you can't choose the Tier2 unlocks at all?
Usually you can just choose one unlock per rank. That means you can just unlock one weapon as soon as you are Lance Corporal and each time you ascend to a higher rank one more. As soon as you have plaid The Add-On Special Forces you can additionally choose 1 more weapon each rank. That means 2 weapons for the Lance Corporal and so on...
But you can never use your Tier2 unlocks in SPecial Forces. So, you can't use your L96A1 in Special Forces...

Hope I didn't get you wrong and could help a bit...
Phaaze
+1|6192

FeLBuG wrote:

Sorry if I get you wrong, but what exactly is your problem? That you can choose your unlocks in SF or that you can't choose the Tier2 unlocks at all?
Usually you can just choose one unlock per rank. That means you can just unlock one weapon as soon as you are Lance Corporal and each time you ascend to a higher rank one more. As soon as you have plaid The Add-On Special Forces you can additionally choose 1 more weapon each rank. That means 2 weapons for the Lance Corporal and so on...
But you can never use your Tier2 unlocks in SPecial Forces. So, you can't use your L96A1 in Special Forces...

I know that already, I simply mean I never used SF on this account and just purchased it. I should be able to get a few unlocks immediately since I'm already a Gunnery Sergeant... However, I have played a few rounds and I am still unable to select my SF Unlocks.
FeLBuG
+2|6191

Phaaze wrote:

FeLBuG wrote:

I know that already, I simply mean I never used SF on this account and just purchased it. I should be able to get a few unlocks immediately since I'm already a Gunnery Sergeant... However, I have played a few rounds and I am still unable to select my SF Unlocks.
Hm... I know it takes a bit time till that change is accepted but not longer than a day. Probably there is another game problem so there will just be a longer delay till you get your new weapons.
Sorry, but I can't help you more than that.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6712|Disaster Free Zone
Simple problem... your stats are not updating (like everyone else). When you get your first second recorded playing SF on the stats database you will receive all your unlocks (4 for you at your current rank).

There is no requirement to finish a round.
There is no requirement for you to rank up.
There is no requirement to get any points.
Phaaze
+1|6192
Alright guys, I just noticed the post about the update server being either down or backed up in queue so I'll just have to wait.

Thanks again,
- Phaaze
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6305|Outside your Back window
Ping

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard