theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under
For those of you that say the hover craft idea will not work because of the coding, i can prove you wrong:

as the the jet raping i can't explain how to defend against that except for maybe som SAM's or something.
TravisC555
+118|6232|Cox Convention Center, OK
ummm BF1942 was made on a different game engine than BF2.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6733|California

coolio
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6719
First of all, 1942 was a different engine
2nd of all, that vid. is as old as,
https://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/fee/a04/feea0493-1086-43ea-9b57-ee0c43ece9ba.large-profile.jpg
and there have been at least 5 different threads about this.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under
well if it was coded on a different engine, then why didn't EA make bf2 on the same engine and let up use the hovercraft, with at least a little bit of defenses?
David.P
Banned
+649|6287

theit57 wrote:

well if it was coded on a different engine, then why didn't EA make bf2 on the same engine and let up use the hovercraft, with at least a little bit of defenses?
I heard it had something to do with the squadsystem.
Longbow
+163|6659|Odessa, Ukraine
omg , I begin to realise DC > BF2 ...
agent146
+127|6399|Jesus Land aka Canada
ju 10 pwns that fat bird out of the sky in bf2 world.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6405|Southern California

theit57 wrote:

Because they built a whole new engine....That was the point.
How it turned out is irrelavant the idea was rather then try to update an old engine, build a whole new one to take advantage of modern hardware. I'm sure they didn't build the engine with the intent of screwing this up, but after the engine was built it just wouldn't allow it to be done.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6341

i really dont get the point of that video. Are you trying to prove that transporting vehicles can work? Is that what you mean by hover craft? Cause I think of this when I think hover craft:

https://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_11_27_2004_02_56_30/hovercraft3.jpg6081ca7e-8c6b-4468-a490-4eca1d7c1f25Large.jpg
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6658
nice video they should have that plane in bf2
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6658|Camoran's Paradise
What did that have to do with a hover craft?  All you did was load, fly, and unload two vehicles in the time it takes to drive.  Relevance?
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under

Im_Dooomed wrote:

i really dont get the point of that video. Are you trying to prove that transporting vehicles can work? Is that what you mean by hover craft? Cause I think of this when I think hover craft:

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Con … 5Large.jpg
yes, that was exactly what i was trying to prove
vqsnapp
+5|6672
what?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6705|Calgary
Just curious, what the hell would you do with a hovercraft.? Its like a slow moving target
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under

Superslim wrote:

Just curious, what the hell would you do with a hovercraft.? Its like a slow moving target
i'm not sure, but it would be fun as hell to have
LT.Victim
+1,175|6575|British Columbia, Canada

theit57 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

They were originally going to add a hovercraft that spawned underneath the carrier in BF2 instead of the boats, but they couldn't get it to transport vehicles or people properly, so they scraped it...

https://www.bf2online.com/modules/wfsection/images/article/lcac.jpg
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6658|Camoran's Paradise

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

They were originally going to add a hovercraft that spawned underneath the carrier in BF2 instead of the boats, but they couldn't get it to transport vehicles or people properly, so they scraped it...
This sounds very reminiscent of the Titans on 2142.  Guess they never did get it right.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

http://www.bf2online.com/modules/wfsect … e/lcac.jpg
which is possible, being proved through my original post
LT.Victim

Ganko_06 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

This sounds very reminiscent of the Titans on 2142.  Guess they never did get it right.
Well BF2142 is made from the BF2 Engine.. so that explains alot.
LT.Victim

theit57 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

No, because the video you posted is a mod from battlefield 1942...

Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1942 run on two completly different Engines..

Thats like saying you could have Jets in Counter-strike, because battlefield 2 has them.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Thats like saying you could have Jets in Counter-strike, because battlefield 2 has them.
ok, but i'm sure if EA wasn't lazy, they would have already figured this out.
LT.Victim

theit57 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

ok, but i'm sure if EA wasn't lazy, they would have already figured this out.
They would probably have to tweak the game engine...

And your right, they are too cheap and lazy to figure it out.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6799|Bulgaria

LT.Victim wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

indeed!!! Sad but true
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6591|Columbus, OH

theit57 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Maybe run over campers on North and South points of Wake Island

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard