TheFlyingSquid
+0|6136
Whenever I join into a game, about 5-10 seconds after I get in I get kicked by Punkbuster for "Inadequate O/S Privileges." Anyone know how to fix this?
Chou
+737|6761
Special_ops_3
Dolphin Diver
+37|6479|The Sky
That happened to me. I went to the Punkbuster website and looked at the FAQ, it was my anti-virus. So i deleted it and it worked. So go to the Punkbuster website and see whats going on.
TheFlyingSquid
+0|6136
I click "run as" and "administrator." Problem is, I get an error that says: "Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords are not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced." That makes absolutely no sense considering it says that my account (im running in XP) is the computer administrator and im positive that I dont have a password for my admin account. My comp is on a network and it might be possible that my other comp has the admin account, although under "user accounts" in conrol panel is shows up as my account being the only one as well as labeling it computer administrator.

In a nut shell: I cant run it as administrator due to some unknown reason. Even though the computer claims that my account is the "computer administrator" I still get the error "Inadequate O/S Privileges." Anyone have any possible solution or at least a place they can redirect me that might help me solve this administrator thing?
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6493|Little blue planet, milky way
Vista ?
Then try to run bf2 "as administrator" (right-click the icon and choose).

Oh, and next time choose XP... it may be shit, but it's better than Vista.

Last edited by Twist (2007-06-12 06:21:15)

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

TheFlyingSquid wrote:

I click "run as" and "administrator." Problem is, I get an error that says: "Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords are not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced." That makes absolutely no sense considering it says that my account (im running in XP) is the computer administrator and im positive that I dont have a password for my admin account. My comp is on a network and it might be possible that my other comp has the admin account, although under "user accounts" in conrol panel is shows up as my account being the only one as well as labeling it computer administrator.

In a nut shell: I cant run it as administrator due to some unknown reason. Even though the computer claims that my account is the "computer administrator" I still get the error "Inadequate O/S Privileges." Anyone have any possible solution or at least a place they can redirect me that might help me solve this administrator thing?

Evenbalance Website wrote:

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

* Press 'Guardian.reg'.
    * Press 'User Agent'.
    * Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
(I am on Vista... so these directions might be wrong... try and ... implement them....)

You could also try checking you are an admin, by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users, Then right click on your user name, click properties, and then under the "Member Of" tab, ensure you are listed as been part of the "Administrators" group.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard