*InR* Winger
+46|6347|far away
I've just got my new pc. I've installed the newest patch
and every time I join a server I get kicked.
The reason is:     RESTRICTION: Inadequate O/S Privileges

Can someone please help???
Karma reward"!!
kn0ckahh
+98|6709|netherlands, sweet lake city
that means you dont have administrator rights on your PC,

you can change it with the main account by going into config>user accounts
punkbuster banns this because it cant scan your whole PC for cheating software and thats why they kick you.

Last edited by kn0ckahh (2007-04-27 10:11:54)

*InR* Winger
+46|6347|far away
thanks, but I am...
I've vista. Anything else then?
kn0ckahh
+98|6709|netherlands, sweet lake city
yes you should consider using windows XP becuase vista still had a lot of bugs, and this might be one of them.
I could be something else but since I dont know alot about vista Im not the best one to check

mauB you can use the operating system of your old PC

Last edited by kn0ckahh (2007-04-27 10:14:27)

ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6331|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Hey I had this same problem.  all you have to do is Right click the bf2 icon on the desktop, then click "Run as Administrator"  and it will be fine
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6198|Scotland!

ceslayer23 wrote:

Hey I had this same problem.  all you have to do is Right click the bf2 icon on the desktop, then click "Run as Administrator"  and it will be fine
That's the solution right there +1

And when using vista I'd recommend running any new program you download as admin firstly, cause quite a few programs won't run correctly until you do.
*InR* Winger
+46|6347|far away

ceslayer23 wrote:

Thank you so much!!!! +1

Last edited by *InR* Winger (2007-04-27 10:29:17)

CouchPotato
+9|6198

*InR* Winger wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

Thank you so much!!!! +1
I had this problem as well. Or you can just turn off the UAC in the User Profiles, but I wouldn't advise that. It's saved me once already
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01
yeah, same here as well.
been using vista for a couple of months, then decided to re-install the game few days ago and got the same problem.
luckily i went on to bf2s.irc and titch (not exactly sure if spelling is correct, sorry if its wrong) helped me out with the solution given above. some things to look out for, for us vista users, i guess...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard