Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
The name says it all. I host a dedicated server on my computer and when i join i can be in the game for a matter of tiem then i get kicked and it says connection error. I have a router and have port forwaded the necesary ports. I also just recently bought a DFI ultra D motherboard and it had a firewall iv tried fiddling with that but i cant seem to config the firewall so i turned the firewall off but it seems to b this computer that i have connection issues, so im thinking its something to do with the nvidia firewall forceware thing. I use to have a p4 and i could host and play on the same computer but now i cant.  ANY help would b greatly appreciated!!!!!
ReVmAn
+0|6694|Where politics is not needed
I also got the connection errors. From nowhere I get disconnected from servers after i've been in for like 20 seconds. No matter what server. This came out of the blue! One day it ran fine, and from yesterday it's crap.
Sorry I can't help ya Kodak... I'm also intrested in options....
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738
did u install punkbuster? that happened to me in the old days of bf2
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
I didn't install punkbuster on the dedicated server install because for some reason my mate keeps getting kicked and banned for no reason... But ill try installing punkbuster and see how it goes! thank you!!
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6717|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
cyborg ninja i need to have a game with you and talk to someone about computers......!
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6721|Taiwan

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

cyborg ninja i need to have a game with you and talk to someone about computers......!
Ah... sorry, Cyborg and i are both in same school but in Taiwan....
Problem is, we only go to EATW servers....nice low ping
Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
Insteading of spamming this thread please reply properly...
Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
tryna keep this thread alive i need help!!! lol
Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
Ok now im getting a connection error in alot of servers...
ReVmAn
I reinstalled the latest patch. Will try today and see if it helped.

UPDATE:

Still sucks with the patch reinstalled. Played 1 level without problems, next level (on the same server) half way I get a disconnect?!?!?! I don't get it.

UPDATE 2:

Even BF2 quits now after connection problems ?!?!? Aaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Last edited by ReVmAn (2006-01-24 08:13:14)

Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
this sucks
ReVmAn
It realy does ...
Somehow I think my ISP has to do something with it too. My ADSL-modem was reset yesterday cause I saw it was up for only 4 minutes. I also rebooted my OpenBSD firewall and did a cold restart of the ADSL-modem. Still had a disconnect on one server. Then I tried it on another server and I played 2 rounds without any problem.
Another problem I have is when BF2 is getting the serverlist. When I let it get above say 600 servers, my internet connection gets disconnected. I have to connect to the ADSL-modem and disconnect the connection to the ISP and then do a reconnect. I only have this problem with BF2. DeltaForce BlackHawkDown, JointOps and UT2004  dont give me probs. I just don't understand this ....

Last edited by ReVmAn (2006-01-25 02:43:36)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

lol... search for EATW servers, or just get my stats to see which server am i playing on.

to kodak: its your internet problem and check w/ your ISP on it, punkbuster is essential to install other wise it will kick you off the servers
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Fahrenheit
+0|6800
I ahd the same problem a few months ago...game played fine then all of a sudden constant connection problems....getting dropped all the time, this happened around 1.03 patch so i flamed EA in an E-mail, also checked with my ISP, re-installed BF2 many times, last time i just installed the 1.12 patch and nowt else in the end it turns out there was an error on the phone line. Engineer said it was a broken wire 600metres away that was causing the probs SORRY EA!!!!!! so try uninstalling then re-install, only patch the game with 1.12 nothing else (unless you got SF then u have to patch it with 1.01 as well)....run a virus, spyware scan, defrag HD, clear out the temp files disk space thingy you know, check u have all up to date drivers basically all the run of the mill things so u can say "my system is not at fault"....check with ur ISP, get ur phone line tested, flame EA....(optional)....i have a router but dont use it, got 2 computers running together on 1mb broadband (networked with twisted cable) ping is always around 30 give or take........for me the problem was the phone line...oh i also changed the filter on me modem and did think at one point the modem might be goosed!

Last edited by Fahrenheit (2006-01-25 02:56:28)

Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
Thanks for the replies, im calling my isp tomorrow morning and asking for a line check but any more posts would be greatly appreciated!
ReVmAn
Mhm .. .will keep an eye on my ADSL-connection. When it's the ADSL i'll be sure to kick my ISP's ass
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6773
I had the same problem once. I'd recommend to reset your video to lowest ( not sure will it help or not, I guess due to FPS), turn off all your background user tasks except explorer, some progs are getting info from online and may corrupt the connection. Switck connection in BF from T1 to 256 or if you already 256 than switch to T1. Start the game. If it doesnt work try to update the PB. Otherways idk, but I agree that it can ba a phone line. If you use DSL than test your modem and connection.

I dont know , as soon as I get home I will look for something else
ReVmAn
Thnx Dr. Will try some of the stuff you suggested!
Weird thing is .. leeching from newsgroups runs like a charm But then again .. a timeout here and there doesn't matter when leeching from newsgroups
Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
My internet is 1500/256 and i have a 7800gtx so im not sure if it will be the fps... I do remember looking in my modem the otehr day and it has like red and green lights in teh config to say if everything is connected and ok and all of them were green...
ReVmAn
Same here .. My problems began after my ISP upgraded the line-speed to 6Mbit. Problem is i'm to far away from the ISP's central to get the full speed. So my speed is about 4.2Mbit. I saw that my modem has reset itself last night!?!?!?! and that the speed was up to 4.486Mbit ..... Weird stuff.
I'll be calling my ISP tomorrow and go yell at them
Mr.kodak
+-1|6692
And my problem has jsut occured since they started building 24mbit internet at the exchange...
ReVmAn
Mhm ... seems that the problems are pointing towards the ISP's ....... Blegh, gonna be a strugle with the ISP I guess Can't downgrade to the lower speeds. Must wait till my running contract ends ... that'll take till end of july. Maybe when I have proof that my connection suffers under the upgrade to 6Mbit I can get an early downgrade to the previous speed I had of 3.2Mbit .... Probably they gonna say it's my cable setup at home or the modem ... Wish me luck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard