geNius
..!.,
+144|6440|SoCal

m3thod wrote:

No insurance? Yeah your gonna die bitch now get your flea infested carcass out of my hospital (US) We pay something called National Insuraace which pays for NHS.
Federal law ensures public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6178

m3thod wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Make the distinction, we say your government and leader sucks and she does big time.

Just what do you think we are jealous over?

Your food? Yeah, We have hamburgers too and more
Your cars? Don't make me laugh
Your public transport? it's as bad as ours
Your roads? Congested as ours
Your women? Ours have bad teeth and yours are clinically obese
Your currency? Which one do you want to compare Pound Sterling or Euro?
Culture? Please...
Education? Yours is failing miserably not to mention kiddie gun rampages.
Health? We get free health here, how about you?

A lot of people in old europe are mighty pissed off with your country behaviour of late (gee let me think why) their fury is directed at your elected government and people that support them.  Invariably lines are blurred but the fact of the matter is if you believe Europeans are 'jealous' of the US....well you keep on believing that.
Our Food? I do believe that we have more than hamburgers...just think about how many cultures live here.
Our Cars? A lot of foreign car companies build there cars here WITH American labor, Ford just beat out Toyota for tops in Quality
Our Public Transport? Most of us have two or three cars, if not there are taxis, buses, car pools...and they are everywhere.
Our Roads? Congestion in major cities maybe, but this is a big ass country.....more open roads than congestive ones by far.
Our Woman? Obese? Actually i have dated women of all races..white, black, asian....etc. We definitely have a choice because of diversity and I haven't dated a fat woman yet and I have been married twice.
Our Currency? I love my dollars
Our Culture? Which one, this country is a melting pot more than any place in the world, we are exposed to every culture on daily basis, sometimes that is good, sometimes no choice about it.
Our Education? Oh lord.....failing? you are very naive and of course school shootings ONLY happen in the US...NOT!
Our Health System? It may not be free, but I don't have to wait 6 months to see a doctor or get a procedure done. Its not perfect and it may never be free but I live with it, especially because I can buy a 2,500 square foot house with land for $150,000 and get gas for around $3.00 a gallon. Would i like to be screwed on something else(taxes) just to have free health care? I'm happy with what I have right now. Yours may be "free" but don't forget that your government is getting it from you in other ways whether you believe that or not....its not truly free anywhere in this world.

I don't really believe other countries are jealous of us, maybe some people are, but as I said in another post. With all the horrible things we supposedly are by your post.....it amazes me how some people are willing to die to get here. It also amazes me that we have such a huge immigration problem. If we go by your logic, then there should be a mass exodus from this horrible, uneducated, unhealthy, dirt road infested, rust-bucket, obese chick populated, culture less society.....but I haven't seen it yet.
Food: I used an example of something that is quentisentially American.  Do you think i'm a fan of fish and chips?! And cusine from another culture doesn't count.
Cars: And? Still doesn't make said cars American.  Ford is bollox'ed anyway.
Transport: Nothing different to the UK/Europe
Currency: I'm sure you do but that doesn't make me jealous
Culture: A mixture of alien foregin cultures doesn't make it your own.
Education: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres which country is on that list just a little bit too much
Health: Wait 6 months (UK) No insurance? Yeah your gonna die bitch now get your flea infested carcass out of my hospital (US) We pay something called National Insuraace which pays for NHS.

One thing i do like about the US is your massive homes, we get poxy small things here for some obsece price.  There you found something. 

the only people that are willing to die to get there are the poor and those that want to see if the grass is greener on the other side.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Your first post basically was saying that America sucks at everything. Now, what I was trying to point out is that EVERYBODY has the same problems. Some places have better this and that. All countries have their good and bad. You have this, we have that. So what!. Of course we don't have a specific American culture. Because of this diversity, we are exposed to the world daily. The only people that have a true culture based in the United States are the Native Americans. But our history took much of that away from them. Yes, we hear stories of people being turned away at the hospital, but that is rare...very rare. I know that the area I live in...that sort of thing just doesn't happen. Also, i didn't say that America hasn't had school shootings but don't write as if we are the only ones. Your post was a perfect example of why the original poster here got upset. Basically you made general, sweeping negative assumptions over things that happen everywhere in this world but you tried to make it American specific.
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6201
I don't think m3thod meaned what he was saying, that's just anger talking. Let him sleep on it.

Last edited by Cerpin_Taxt (2007-06-09 20:55:32)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK

The#1Spot wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Actually no. I'm sick of people saying how America sucks, when it doesn't. What? just because I like America makes me a nationalist?
Make the distinction, we say your government and leader sucks and she does big time.

Just what do you think we are jealous over?

Your food? Yeah, We have hamburgers too and more
Your cars? Don't make me laugh
Your public transport? it's as bad as ours
Your roads? Congested as ours
Your women? Ours have bad teeth and yours are clinically obese
Your currency? Which one do you want to compare Pound Sterling or Euro?
Culture? Please...
Education? Yours is failing miserably not to mention kiddie gun rampages.
Health? We get free health here, how about you?

A lot of people in old europe are mighty pissed off with your country behaviour of late (gee let me think why) their fury is directed at your elected government and people that support them.  Invariably lines are blurred but the fact of the matter is if you believe Europeans are 'jealous' of the US....well you keep on believing that.
You can fix obesity but bad teeth is a 1 time shot. You forgot to mention that you guys pay a crap load in taxes. You guys have a much higher homo concentration. You guys get free healthcare but why is your life expectancy still lower than the US? I agree the cars suck here and the food is not that great. There is no established culture because people from all around the world live here so theres a mass amount in mixed culture. The average grades are not very good but our average income is still higher.
Yeah teeth can be fixed too.  We have 3 bands of tax of which i cant remember but top rate is 40%....and tax can be structured so it can be minimised.  Depends how good your accountant and lawyer is.

According to the BBC UK life expectancy is 76 and the US is 75....so we'll agreeit's about the same.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americ … 217752.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe … 038758.stm

You do have the UK beat on GNI by about $6k but you have to take into consideration the gap in between the poor and rich which is ever widing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/ … 5936.shtml
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

m3thod wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

yak yak yak yak yak
stuff
more stuff
Cut down the length of the quotes please, or this page is going to be 20 feet of scrolling per page.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

S.Lythberg wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

m3thod wrote:

stuff
more stuff
Cut down the length of the quotes please, or this page is going to be 20 feet of scrolling per page.
Rofl.

Nice post.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6846|Germany
Well, ages ago, I was still using AOL on a 28.8 POTS connection (which was a very expensive thing, phone calls are not free here), I kept chatting with an American girl. When she noticed that I am German, she suddenly stopped the conversation, swore at me, called me a Nazi and that she would contact AOL if I ever contacted her again.

In the above story, all Germans are Nazis. Every nation has its clichés, some nations try to keep it up, some don't.
What's the point? From my point of view you personally are not responsible for your country's administration. You have to live with the reaction to the clichés, but you are not responsible for them.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

m3thod wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Our Food? I do believe that we have more than hamburgers...just think about how many cultures live here.
Our Cars? A lot of foreign car companies build there cars here WITH American labor, Ford just beat out Toyota for tops in Quality
Our Public Transport? Most of us have two or three cars, if not there are taxis, buses, car pools...and they are everywhere.
Our Roads? Congestion in major cities maybe, but this is a big ass country.....more open roads than congestive ones by far.
Our Woman? Obese? Actually i have dated women of all races..white, black, asian....etc. We definitely have a choice because of diversity and I haven't dated a fat woman yet and I have been married twice.
Our Currency? I love my dollars
Our Culture? Which one, this country is a melting pot more than any place in the world, we are exposed to every culture on daily basis, sometimes that is good, sometimes no choice about it.
Our Education? Oh lord.....failing? you are very naive and of course school shootings ONLY happen in the US...NOT!
Our Health System? It may not be free, but I don't have to wait 6 months to see a doctor or get a procedure done. Its not perfect and it may never be free but I live with it, especially because I can buy a 2,500 square foot house with land for $150,000 and get gas for around $3.00 a gallon. Would i like to be screwed on something else(taxes) just to have free health care? I'm happy with what I have right now. Yours may be "free" but don't forget that your government is getting it from you in other ways whether you believe that or not....its not truly free anywhere in this world.

I don't really believe other countries are jealous of us, maybe some people are, but as I said in another post. With all the horrible things we supposedly are by your post.....it amazes me how some people are willing to die to get here. It also amazes me that we have such a huge immigration problem. If we go by your logic, then there should be a mass exodus from this horrible, uneducated, unhealthy, dirt road infested, rust-bucket, obese chick populated, culture less society.....but I haven't seen it yet.
Food: I used an example of something that is quentisentially American.  Do you think i'm a fan of fish and chips?! And cusine from another culture doesn't count.
Cars: And? Still doesn't make said cars American.  Ford is bollox'ed anyway.
Transport: Nothing different to the UK/Europe
Currency: I'm sure you do but that doesn't make me jealous
Culture: A mixture of alien foregin cultures doesn't make it your own.
Education: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres which country is on that list just a little bit too much
Health: Wait 6 months (UK) No insurance? Yeah your gonna die bitch now get your flea infested carcass out of my hospital (US) We pay something called National Insuraace which pays for NHS.

One thing i do like about the US is your massive homes, we get poxy small things here for some obsece price.  There you found something. 

the only people that are willing to die to get there are the poor and those that want to see if the grass is greener on the other side.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Your first post basically was saying that America sucks at everything. Now, what I was trying to point out is that EVERYBODY has the same problems. Some places have better this and that. All countries have their good and bad. You have this, we have that. So what!. Of course we don't have a specific American culture. Because of this diversity, we are exposed to the world daily. The only people that have a true culture based in the United States are the Native Americans. But our history took much of that away from them. Yes, we hear stories of people being turned away at the hospital, but that is rare...very rare. I know that the area I live in...that sort of thing just doesn't happen. Also, i didn't say that America hasn't had school shootings but don't write as if we are the only ones. Your post was a perfect example of why the original poster here got upset. Basically you made general, sweeping negative assumptions over things that happen everywhere in this world but you tried to make it American specific.
True i would concede i made some gross generalisations however, it pars with the 'jealously' card played by our resident Americans.

I just turned the tables to make a point.

@ pollux

its 05:06 and i'm off to bed,  Night night baby.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6178

S.Lythberg wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

m3thod wrote:

stuff
more stuff
That was my limit...lol...but i have seen far, far worse
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

more stuff
That was my limit...lol...but i have seen far, far worse
What is the maximum lenght of a single post?

we need a looooooooong quote thread.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

Noobpatty wrote:

I'm on the edge. I'm about to give in. I'm sick of all you nationalists who say America sucks and say Americans are retarded and can't do this, or that, or shoot, or think. Stop it. I don't want you to praise America. I'm not saying it's the best, but that's what all you ignorant fools say we think. Europe, Asia, Australia, everyone takes their anger out on America. When you talk about Americans, you really can't at all. When you talk about people, talk about the specific people like : "wow THOSE Americans were pretty stupid" or "THAT GROUP of Americans had no idea what they were talking about." I've had people say "The Americans want to kill us all" wtf is wrong with you? that's like saying all Asian restaurants are Chinese.

Here's my summary [for those of you who read the paragraph or who just looked at my location]
Command. And Question. Not two questions. Not two commands.

Stop the nationalism.

Why do you hate America so much?
This is off-topic, and I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, but it's ironic that if you swap it around, all Chinese restaurants are asian, and perhaps if you swap the American statements around...

Just kidding.  I've got nothing against Americans personally, just ol' Georgie.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
1.Arrogance... plain and simple. A lot of Americans are arrogant.

There are countless quotes I was going to point out in this tread supporting this but I really can't be bothered anymore, its not like your going to take any notice anyway.

2. A lot of Americans think they are (or their country is) the centre of the universe. Very similar to arrogance but in a more... We did everything and the world would still be in the stone age without the US, sentiment.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

DrunkFace wrote:

There are countless quotes I was going to point out in this tread supporting this but I really can't be bothered anymore, its not like your going to take any notice anyway.

2. A lot of Americans think they are (or their country is) the centre of the universe. Very similar to arrogance but in a more... We did everything and the world would still be in the stone age without the US, sentiment.
Maybe all the Americans in the media that you see are portrayed that way, but like I said earlier in this thread, you (not you specifically) can't judge a country until you spend time visiting it and visit many places. I can honestly say I haven't been out of this country yet, but I plan to once I get enough money and graduate college, until then I don't plan on making an incorrect broad generalization of people from other countries.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6585|sWEEDen
Yeah the rest of the world must be jelaous of all your good stuff overthere, like your culture....old history....and general way of living,right?

There are plenty of nations that has a better and more fair way of life....get over yourselves, the rest of the world is pissed because your elected leaders keep raping the world and using it as their own little playground.

As many has posted here before the world doesn´t hate the citizens of USA, just your political leaders and your messed up system.

US citizens are nice people, a bit confused and not soo well-informed about the rest of the world but still very nice people, but let´s not forget you actually voted for George Warmonger Bush twice.
neon_flux601
+18|6249|Sidahnee Orstrayleeah
I'm not going to bother to try and prove everyone wrong on every single (ridiculous or legit) fact or semantics, which seems to be the first tactic that most people posting on this thread have jumped to... I'll just tell you what I think; after all at least one of you did ask people from other nations for their opinions and hopefully you'll take the time to read mine and maybe even acknowledge it. That would be nice.

First of all I am not 'envious' or 'jealous' of the United States. Rather I admire you. I too live in a naturally beautiful country with a thriving economy, and I also work a great paying job for forty hours of the week with reasonable holidays. I have a national health care system which I supplement with affordable private health insurance, because I can and I believe in supporting the system for those less fortunate than myself(I work in health care). By the way, my boss is from Chicago, and is a fine ambassador of your country.

I have cultural events hosted free by the city I live in and being the mish mash of cultures that Australia is I can usually find a different style of cuisine every night of the week - much as you can find in many cities all over the world.

Yes I am a nationalist, which you will find is a quality that people in general (all countries) share in varying degrees.

I am also an internationalist - I think the United States is a country that is naturally blessed with resources, beauty and heck - open space suitable for living on - and we call ourselves "The Lucky Country".

I can't wait to visit your country and meet some of you lovely people.

For those of you who felt it necessary to spam a few classic Australian quips (Penal Colony, Britains Problem Child etc etc) - come to Sydney and i'll be very happy to show you around and up to the Blue Mountains or the Hunter Valley - perhaps I can alter your perspective on things.

Some of us have some skewed ideas on what you guys are like, and some of you have the same mentality.

This is unfortunate.

You're bigger - in size, population and heck everything else (except maybe for Vegemite consumption).

The price you pay for being the leaders of the world is that when you make mistakes, everyone else will notice, and the cynics of the world unite to poke fun.

Relax. Let em' go. I know you're not all "redneck bible bashing yeehaws that can't even elect a leader reliably" or some other horrible slanderous remark.

Just know that we're not all descended from criminals and we don't throw shrimp on the barbie for breakfast.

They're called PRAWNS ya flamin' Galah (...channeling 'Alf' from Home and Away? Scary).

Just my view on things guys,
Peace.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Maybe all the Americans in the media that you see are portrayed that way, but like I said earlier in this thread, you (not you specifically) can't judge a country until you spend time visiting it and visit many places. I can honestly say I haven't been out of this country yet, but I plan to once I get enough money and graduate college, until then I don't plan on making an incorrect broad generalization of people from other countries.
There are countless quotes I was going to point out in this tread supporting this
I'm not saying its all Americans, and I'm not only taking what I see and read from the media, but from Americans I know and what people have said in this thread and in many other on this site and others. It just seems ingrained into American culture that you must be 'better', and many people make wild claims about Americas superiority, and when someone counter argues with proof, its taken as 'America Bashing'.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

DrunkFace wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

There are countless quotes I was going to point out in this tread supporting this
I'm not saying its all Americans, and I'm not only taking what I see and read from the media, but from Americans I know and what people have said in this thread and in many other on this site and others. It just seems ingrained into American culture that you must be 'better', and many people make wild claims about Americas superiority, and when someone counter argues with proof, its taken as 'America Bashing'.
Fair enough. And I definitely agree that there are Americans who take nationalism way too far and get defensive as soon as someone points out a flaw. It's unfortunate that you know self-righteous Americans like these that give the rest of us a bad name
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

mtb0minime wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Fair enough. And I definitely agree that there are Americans who take nationalism way too far and get defensive as soon as someone points out a flaw. It's unfortunate that you know self-righteous Americans like these that give the rest of us a bad name
Methinks you wouldn't have had this problem if you hadn't gone on a supersized nationalism and isolationism campaign for 40 years (i.e. cold war)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

How can anyone say America sucks? We can take a completely talentless person getting a DUI and entertain the entire world.

Patriotism is wonderful but it should not be blind. Otherwise it's not pride, it's arrogance.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
neon_flux601
+18|6249|Sidahnee Orstrayleeah

DrunkFace wrote:

I can see what you mean. However, doesn't any country or large group of people have their stereotypical image?

For example, who can identify with these gross, offensive stereotypes?

-French war tactics involve "Run Away!" and not much more.
-New Zealander's (sorry broo, Kiwi's) like Fush and Chups... and sheep.
-Australians like Fosters beer and are all descended from the criminal scum of England.
-Canadians are a bit slow ehhh.
-English people have bad teeth and everyone there knows the Queen.
-Irish people like potatoes, and eat nothing but potatoes. Top o the mornin to ya!
-Somalians (and other poor African nations) are all malnourished and naked with flies around their eyes (oh hang on thats sadly mostly true).
-Afrikaans are racist pigs.
-Muslims wear towels on their head and constantly babble about Allah. They are also oil barons and want to kill you western pigs.
-Jews are tight with their money.
-America "Fuck Yeah!"

So if the United States is the biggest, most powerful nation in the world - wouldn't it be fairly unsurprising that any time 'they' (and by 'they' I think we should be referring to their administrators) stuff up we come back at them with harsh criticisms and stupid stereotypes?

Being number one isn't it by now unsurprising that you're the first target?

Isn't that (sadly) natural human behaviour?

I'm not condoning it, i'm just trying to explain how I think things have got this way.

Hopefully I didn't upset anyone with this post.

I'm keen to hear your responses or thoughts.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6444|Australia.

Noobpatty wrote:

It's not you as much, it's more like your government.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Macca wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

It's not you as much, it's more like your government.
Most Americans hate are not happy with their government..lol. Just look at both Congress and the Presidents approval ratings.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Darky, you forgot to post in cyan...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Shut up "American Idiot". Green Day illustrates my opinion perfectly. Example; American Tourists are so freaking "superior", or they pretend to be, in Australia. I guess alot of you are just idiots. Enough said. This obviously doesnt apply to all americans, but alot of them are slack jawed gun toting maniac idiots! Thats not to say that alot of Australians aren't idiots either. But you're idiots.

edit: and to elect such a stupid government is idiotic as well, you idiot heads.
Quite a generalization there, since you have not met all tourists, a group of which I am not a member. Check the world and you will see 50-70% of the population may be idiots depending on your characteristics of what that term means. This is also not the 1850s Wild West cowboy *pow* *pow* Rambo John Wayne world either. I can be reasonably sure that well over half of the population in this country does not own any sort of firearm and even fewer of those carry their weapons.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

I'm on the edge. I'm about to give in. I'm sick of all you nationalists who say America sucks and say Americans are retarded and can't do this, or that, or shoot, or think. Stop it. I don't want you to praise America. I'm not saying it's the best, but that's what all you ignorant fools say we think. Europe, Asia, Australia, everyone takes their anger out on America. When you talk about Americans, you really can't at all. When you talk about people, talk about the specific people like : "wow THOSE Americans were pretty stupid" or "THAT GROUP of Americans had no idea what they were talking about." I've had people say "The Americans want to kill us all" wtf is wrong with you? that's like saying all Asian restaurants are Chinese.

Here's my summary [for those of you who read the paragraph or who just looked at my location]
Command. And Question. Not two questions. Not two commands.

Stop the nationalism.

Shut up "American Idiot". Green Day illustrates my opinion perfectly. Example; American Tourists are so freaking "superior", or they pretend to be, in Australia. I guess alot of you are just idiots. Enough said. This obviously doesnt apply to all americans, but alot of them are slack jawed gun toting maniac idiots! Thats not to say that alot of Australians aren't idiots either. But you're idiots.
https://i15.tinypic.com/5x7341g.jpg
And people wonder why Americans come off as defensive. We do alright for having "a lot" of gun toting idiots.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard