phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6152|c-c-c-Canada
ive noticed when you knife some one, not once but twice they die. i dont know why it takes like 2 hits with a knife to kill your victim but it sure seems unrealistic. is this a big or is EA being a shitty game factory again?
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Hit registration.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL

phil-12-12 wrote:

ive noticed when you knife some one, not once but twice they die. i dont know why it takes like 2 hits with a knife to kill your victim but it sure seems unrealistic. is this a big or is EA being a shitty game factory again?
bad hit reg, but i usually knife from behind, so it doesn't matter, 1,2, or 8, I'll still get the kill.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Fuken bad coding from EA again...Hit reg just suck...
dill13
+67|6163

yeah i just came from a game and i hit a gut with my knife dust and everything three times then he killed me
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6391|California, US
the fucking Hit regestration
i hate it when i knife somone like 4 times and i see the dust then the jump up and shoot me lol
phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6152|c-c-c-Canada

Monkeyman911 wrote:

l
what do you mean by "registration"? beside the fact meaning signing up on a site.
keyoshi
+28|6389
Heh you know what I've noticed? Everytime I go to knife someone, it takes 2+ hits, but when someone knifes me ofcourse it only takes 1 hit. HOW GAY! I'm not jokin at ALL. I know future posters will have the same experience.

Although, karkand my knife usually kills in 1 hit...

What sucks is when your shooting someone in the head with a sniper, the dust flys off but they live, thats annoying.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306
someone knifed me the other night and it only took half of my health then i shot him
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6511|Washington

keyoshi wrote:

Heh you know what I've noticed? Everytime I go to knife someone, it takes 2+ hits, but when someone knifes me ofcourse it only takes 1 hit. HOW GAY! I'm not jokin at ALL. I know future posters will have the same experience.

Although, karkand my knife usually kills in 1 hit...

What sucks is when your shooting someone in the head with a sniper, the dust flys off but they live, thats annoying.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

phil-12-12 wrote:

Monkeyman911 wrote:

l
what do you mean by "registration"? beside the fact meaning signing up on a site.
Each player model has a hitbox. If your knife isn't registered as hitting the box (i.e. nothing is detected hitting it), you don't get credit for hitting them.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
It's all about the technique. Lunge in, press, step back, and it drives into the side of their head. Otherwise, you get dodgy registration as you're putting the arm THROUGH them.
ethrion
+25|6363|Hong Kong @ the moment
I had a knife fight with this guy once, dancing around stabbing at each other. Dunno if he had hit lots of times but I must have hit him 4-5 times and each one I got nothing. Finally one did register and I got him. Its annoying but its part and parcel of teh joy that is BF2...just have to deal and get on with it.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6560|Reisterstown, MD

Yea.  There have been times where I have knifed some one and you hear the knifing sound, but they do not die.  I usually end up getting shot for my efforts.  Annoying.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6292|Orrstrayleea
I just click madly, if the first one doesnt kill the second one will
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6335|California
thats why you get ready to dolphin dive, if u miss!
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6462|Land of Cotton
Am I wrong or did the older patches only take one stab?

That stab sound is odd. Sounds like the blade is going into a bag of beans. Of course, I have never had the opportunity to hear a blade go into flesh with that level of ferocity.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6608|Montreal, Qc, Canada
what you guys are talking about??

I always pwned noobs with my knife, 1 shot, one kill, whats the deal !
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6198|Scotland!

Andoura wrote:

what you guys are talking about??

I always pwned noobs with my knife, 1 shot, one kill, whats the deal !
Try reading. they have bad hit-reg, therefore their knives don't register damage every hit. It's not rocket science.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

phil-12-12 wrote:

No battlefield game have ever been realistic.. (or BF2142 I dont know, I cant tell the future.. anyways).. if its realism you want, I suggest you go play Project Reality, I've hoped for it to become more realistic since the release.. but as game designers for the main-stream-CS-playing-public they have made it more un realistic, in order to balance the game so everyone is equal...
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6198|Scotland!

Z-trooper wrote:

phil-12-12 wrote:

No battlefield game have ever been realistic.. (or BF2142 I dont know, I cant tell the future.. anyways).. if its realism you want, I suggest you go play Project Reality, I've hoped for it to become more realistic since the release.. but as game designers for the main-stream-CS-playing-public they have made it more un realistic, in order to balance the game so everyone is equal...
... He's talking about the fact you thrust a knife right into someone and see dust fly out but no hit registers.

Totally not the time for a "realism vs ingame balance" post.
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6358|Scotland
I hate the registration on this game, it makes me cry
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Fuken bad coding from EA again...Hit reg just suck...
EA is the publisher, not the coder.
15 more years! 15 more years!
tgust5
+22|6597
ya....i will be behind someone and i'll knife him 3 times.  the person will turn around and shoot me.  its just bad hit reg.
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
I use to blame the armor some kits have.

And if you knife an engineer it takes two stabs to work the knife through the mine he's carrying on his back.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard