siciliano732
+202|6659|New York
G7....have It And Love It.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

The new* G5 has 2 thumb buttons

*First I've seen of 2-button G5s, anyway
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6404|The Gem Saloon

Mekstizzle wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Wireless Gaming? Only maybe..
Exactly. From what i've seen with wireless keyboards/mouses, they barely work good for normal computer use.
i always see people say things like that, but the thing is i have had both a wireless mouse and keyboard.....never a problem.
for the people that have issues about batteries: if you cant tell when batteries are starting to run out, you might as well throw away that computer and give up on electronics all together.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6245|United Kingdom
^ftw ... totally agree parker +1, i have a wireless k-board and a diamondback .... no problems with either + for a long time had a wireless mouse which also had no problems with it's actually nice being able to lift your k-board off your desk to do written work/coursework IMHO
JaMrulezass
+47|6474|Hong Kong
I think I'm gonna get a G5 and my G11. : D sorry if those of you didnt agree. THanks for the advice though guys.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

My MX518 is sex.

I would get a G5, but I heard it doesn't work well with my Icemat Mousepad (The one made of Glass)...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
JaMrulezass
+47|6474|Hong Kong
Actually, Ive decided to get the MX518, its cheaper and is recommended by most of you guys here. :p
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Zimmer wrote:

Zero!. wrote:

neither

Copperhead.

end off.
Not true.
The natural contours of your hand will be much more comfortable on a G5/7 than on a Copperhead. Why? Because it is slighlty bigger and allows your hand to rest naturally on the mouse. Unlike the copperhead.
The G5/7 have better resolution, nicer design and better padding.
G5/7 > Copperhead.
I usually never agree with Zimmer about anything tech related, but here he is indeed right. Who the fuck cares about how powerful your mouse laz0r is, or whatever the fuck it is Razer fanboi's all ways go on about? I'd much rather have a mouse that fits my hand really, really comfortably any day.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

The MX1000 was another nice mouse.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6559|EUtopia | Austria

Hurricane wrote:

The MX1000 was another nice mouse.
Yeah, imagine a G7 with a laser sensor that should have been rather in a pre-testing phase than in stock, along with a super-heavy battery pack and incredibly crappy signals. That's a nice mouse. Urgh.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6727|Riva, MD
G5 = good for desktop

G7 = good for laptop
cospengle
+140|6497|Armidale, NSW, Australia

_j5689_ wrote:

G5 = good for desktop

G7 = good for laptop
agreed

I own one of each. First I had the G7, but I hated having to swap batteries while in the middle of a game. so I got a G5. They're both great to use, and on a desktop a wire isn't that bid a deal so I'd go with the G5. My GF uses the G7 on her laptop now.

Stormscythe wrote:

...it's what you prefer - a heavy but free mouse or a lighter but wired mouse.
It seems to me that the G5 with the maximum weight is heavier than the G7, but I could be wrong. That's a definite thing that's better about the G5, adjustable weight.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6488| Texas

Jenspm wrote:

My MX518 is sex.

I would get a G5, but I heard it doesn't work well with my Icemat Mousepad (The one made of Glass)...
hmm really i tried out one my friend got awhile back on my Icemat and it seemed fine. Don't know though i only used it for bout five minutes
cospengle
+140|6497|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I can vouch for G7s not being all that good on glass. I was trying to use one on a glass dining table. But that's different to having glass on top of an opaque desk as would be the case with a glass mousepad.... but wait, why do you have a glass mousepad?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
DeathAdder

'nuff said.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6488| Texas

cospengle wrote:

but wait, why do you have a glass mousepad?
because they're really great mousepads-just a piece of glass with coating on it and rubber feet underneath. Take a moment to look at this amazing pic i just copied and pasted-
https://www.icemat.com/images/65/443-544.jpg
the reason people like them is because they're huge and high persicion, a lot better than your standard mousepad. But then again it is just a mousepad...
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6521|Gold Coast
G5, Ive never liked wireless. Plus for the battery reason too.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
bajabug69
+2|6543|Oz

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Mx revolution will be next mouse i buy.My mate has on and they are comfy as hell no wires.

He said it last about a 14 hour session,so no needs to worry about that,plus there rechargeable.
Yep,ive got one and they kick assssss
CrazeD
+368|6683|Maine
People are just going to suggest what they personally own.

I own a G5 and love it. I would prefer the G5 over the G7 simply because I don't want the added hassle of making sure it has charged batteries. It's the exact same mouse though, other than different textures on the sides.

It's completely up to you... do you want a cord or no cord.
jaymz9350
+54|6587
me personally i can't stand a wired mouse. the cord always gets caught or snags on something and makes me want to throw it across the room.  i use a microsoft wireless laser mouse and though not a true gaming mouse works great.  and on the battery thing, i just changed the batteries that came with it about 2 weeks ago and i've had it for at least 6 months.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6657
well you already decided but if you still want to change your mind.. the G5 is really nice
Marinejuana
local
+415|6595|Seattle
i own a razer diamondback
Microwave
_
+515|6665|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I just got delivered (this morning!) a new G5 with 2 side mouse buttons. One work sexual.

It has the most amazing and weird (but good) blue/black texture on it; it has a great feel!

Coupled with a SteelSeries S&S pad it's perfect!

Shame my bitch of a new system won't work.

lolz @ mum's computer!

Last edited by james@alienware (2007-06-08 15:09:14)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6229|Phoenix, AZ

Chou wrote:

G7 user right here and very happy!
yup. ZERO lagg on mine, ive used it from downstairs lol just to test, about an 6 second battery swap for me incl swapping from charger to mouse, DPI settings, and PERFECT weight.

G7 FTW
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6559|EUtopia | Austria

GodFather wrote:

Chou wrote:

G7 user right here and very happy!
yup. ZERO lagg on mine, ive used it from downstairs lol just to test, about an 6 second battery swap for me incl swapping from charger to mouse, DPI settings, and PERFECT weight.

G7 FTW
I would be seriously concerned about the quality of your house then.
(Or about your health incase the BT transmitter is that strong...)

Last edited by Stormscythe (2007-06-11 03:58:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard