JihaadJack
+12|6316|Southampton, Hampshire
Or maybe they just want the green names so they know where their friend is so they can make it their priority to stick near them and work as a team.I don't see anything wrong with that.
You make a good point, but sometimes it ruins the game for players who actually like playing in squads that show some professionalisim. Also i find that it can hand a win to the enemy team, when other half decent players are forced into noob squads who's leaders constantly camp the carrier/dz/uncap for vehicles instead of actually working as a squad should. It really is infuriating at times. Im not saying its all the time, but if youre good enough to have a one man locked squad and farming hundreds of points for yourself, you are more than capable of leading a squad and getting a win for your team.

Last edited by JihaadJack (2007-06-07 13:13:55)

elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6480|USA

JihaadJack wrote:

Or maybe they just want the green names so they know where their friend is so they can make it their priority to stick near them and work as a team.I don't see anything wrong with that.
You make a good point, but sometimes it ruins the game for players who actually like playing in squads that show some professionalisim. Also i find that it can hand a win to the enemy team, when other half decent players are forced into noob squads who's leaders constantly camp the carrier/dz/uncap for vehicles instead of actually working as a squad should. It really is infuriating at times. Im not saying its all the time, but if youre good enough to have a one man locked squad and get hundreds of points for yourself, you are more than capable of leading a squad and getting a win for your team.
You are supposed to go into a pub with friends, or by yourself. Not go into a pub and make friends. FFS am I the only one who sees this?
JihaadJack
+12|6316|Southampton, Hampshire
Either way, i have no friends :'(
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6329|The | Netherlands
WTF? Why did they put the option in the game if it isn't allowed to lock, 1 man squad, 2 men squad, it's quite the same.
m8v2
Banned
+16|6321
I lock myself in one man squads all the time. I just don't want to be bothered sometimes or what I'm doing requires a bit of stealth that 5 men don't really have.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6610|England
*Looks into crystal ball*

I forsee a wave a locked one, man squads, with custom names such as Screw EA, Solo FTW and Dice = Dykes....

*hummmmmmmmmmm*
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6494
I hate it when people lock squads with only one guy in it. It is especially horrible with the bug that only allows one squad.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6665|Montreal, Qc, Canada
another patch Z()MG !
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6350|Graz, Austria
Hmm... All this sounds like they're gonna release a new patch.

How the hell would they otherwise try to handle one man locked squads and solo chopper flying anyway? They need a few hundred new employees that reset people 24/7.
I bet (and really hope) that they disable seat-switching in (attack helis) and allow locking a squad only if there's at least a second player in it.

Edit:
Hopefully they will fix all the squad related bugs too.

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-06-07 16:13:28)

JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6363
i hope they don't patch because i have a feeling they will get rid of soloing and a few other things.  i have noticed when i solo my tv missiles do not go threw choppers an tanks. but soloing when other people want to get in is just jerkish. another thing is i think they will probably kill shot gun, that thing can basically snipe lol they always get rid  of the good things like jumping and throwing c4.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6681

Never before in my entire 400+ hours of BF2 gaming have I seen a 1-man locked squad. But I'm going to start doing that more often, it's a good idea. And EA are such pricks for abolishing this, and also for apparently going to abolish solo tv'ing.

People who start bleeding anally because of a 1-man locked squad or a solo tv'er seriously need to not play this game, or any other game for that matter. Besides, there are 8 other squads to create or choose from, 1 locked squad with one guy in it is not going to hurt anyone. And if a player is good enough to solo tv and not risk having a shitty gunner, then good for him and he's doing the team a service.
Madiz
is back
+26|6782
Soon they'll ban lone wolfs, i dont get it why they hate one man squads.
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg
adv3rsary
+28|6742
lol.. ROE... blow me.. blow me hard... if i wanted people tellin me what to do, i'd go to work, not play bf2
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6672
If they get rid of those things after 2 years I'm litterally going to go demand my money back.
{Sn][per} Sumguy666
+1|6209|Calgary AB Canada
i leave my squad open for 5 minutes. if no one joins, then i lock it. only other time i lock is when i have buddies and we only want each other in the squad. i hate when some dumbass gives away my position, no matter what kit i use. if i do get people joining my squad then i do use squad play and i keep back so if they die, my squad can use me as a spawn point. i have nothing against solo pilots either, if they wanna do it alone, then who cares.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6350|Graz, Austria

ChevyLee86 wrote:

i have noticed when i solo my tv missiles do not go threw choppers an tanks.
That's probably because the you don't have the additional latency of your gunner/pilot.
It's only the latency of you and the heli/tank player.

Madiz wrote:

i dont get it why they hate one man squads.
Imagine a 64 player server and 9 players on your team get the glorious idea to lock their squad.
That would mean that 22 players are doomed to play as lone wolves without any communication and help from the commander.

That's an extreme example, of course. Most of the time one or two locked squads won't be a problem, but there is a chance that this can get annoying.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6561
I do it all the time when I solo....
Capt.Irviding
I like big butts, and I cannot lie.
+13|6251
HOLY SHIT I AM REPORTING PHANTOM0701 lol
-ZS-carpenterbill
+3|6526
Good thing there so worried about all the stuff that is really wrong with the game(crap code*cough*)

And really who cares if some nub wants to be by himself in a squad.....
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6684|California
I lock my squad all the time...

Sick of some dude askin what he should do next...

I always respond... "Try killing the enemy"

they get all grumpy and leave...
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6513
Meh, we'll see if this is actually implemented.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6698|Colorado

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

EA has reached a new level of dumbass.
QFE
LT.Victim
+1,175|6589|British Columbia, Canada
Does that mean that they are also going to ban/reset people that don't join squads?

because its basically the same thing...

Bunch of dumb asses.. Stop fucking with the game when no one asked you to.
Drexel
+43|6502|Philadelphia

Titch2349 wrote:

But i don't think there should be locked squads at all. It destroys teamwork, and also aids glitchers/ stat padders etc.
This is true, but it also keeps those idiots that spawn/tk you, bash you for defending a flag instead of leaving it for the enemy and try to take one of theirs, and making fun of one of your clan members solely on his voice.

All three happened from another clan that will remain nameless.  That F***er was much more immature than the kid running with us in the squad.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6438|Belgium
The game's been out two years and they want to enforce this crap? Sure, like you didn't butcher the squad system enough already..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard