-LongxShot-
Resident Loner
+1|6197
Is it possible to disable the mouse in the game? i have a PS2 controller that i would like to use but i cant use it alone you still have to use the mouse to point and aim so im hoping that someone else has a solution thank you for anything that might help.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6675
Take it out of the USB port..
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6732
1.  Plug controller in
2.  Start BF2 and log in
3.  go to options and click controlls
4.  click on whatever actions you want your PS2 controller to replace, then move it in that direction/hit that button and it will replace whatever was there b4 with the PS2 controlls
5.  Click save/Apply
6.  give me +1
VicktorVauhn
+319|6418|Southern California
Yeah but I dont think there is any option for looking in the controls...you cant change it from being a mouse....

There MIGHT be some random line you could change/add to some config file?

Otherwise search for something like Joy2key or something...it allows you to control your mouse with a joystick, so you can map one of the analog sticks to move the mouse around.

Terrible idea for infantry though.
-LongxShot-
Resident Loner
+1|6197
thank you for your input but that doesn't work i have done that set up all my controls but you cant change the mouse view to work on the controller i haven't tried unplugging it though it seems that maybe there would be a simpler solution to it as you need the mouse on the desktop and such i only want the game pad in game.

Victor-about not being good for infantry
i played Socom series and the Call of Duty for years before i recently found this and am now addicted to this so im not really used to the keyboard controls and am more comfortable with the ps2 controller in time im sure i might be more comfortable with the keyboard.

i thank you all for the comments though.

Last edited by -LongxShot- (2007-06-05 23:37:50)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6489|A W S M F O X
FFs, use the keyboard and mouse you lazy buttmuncher.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6348|Orrstrayleea

JET_G raidensen wrote:

FFs, use the keyboard and mouse you lazy buttmuncher.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6418|Southern California

-LongxShot- wrote:

Victor-about not being good for infantry
i played Socom series and the Call of Duty for years before i recently found this and am now addicted to this so im not really used to the keyboard controls and am more comfortable with the ps2 controller in time im sure i might be more comfortable with the keyboard.

i thank you all for the comments though.
I played PS2 for a long time first too, then Istarted with a track ball on computer games....Then I moved to a mouse...

it may be akward at first but worth learning. Analog sticks only have so much movement, once you have the stick all the way left your looking left as fast as possible. The mouse can mae you turn as fast as you can move your mouse. its range of motion is so much bigger you cant match the accuracy.

Once you get used to using a mouse you will see why everyone says to use it. Its the reason I only play FPS games on computer now.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6555|Belgium
If you really plan on using that PS2 controller, you will get raped into oblivion.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6513
Yea, I'd reccommend sticking with the mouse. It's A LOT faster, and A LOT more accurate than any of those analog sticks or d-pads. Maybe for vehicles it'd be good, but for any infantry work the mouse is the way to go. I know your probably used to the PS2 controller, but it will be worth your time/effort to learn the mouse. After which you'll be asking how to plug your mouse into your PS2
-LongxShot-
Resident Loner
+1|6197
well thank you all for your input especially Jet and Pea you two were incredibly helpful.
tupla_s
+455|6618|Finland
Download JoyToKey and you can make the pad to emulate mouse with it

EDIT: I don't know if this'll work, but you may also be able to make it work by changing these two lines from the controls.con file found from C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001

From this
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0

To this
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_0 0 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_1 0 0

Those IDAxis_0 lines may have to be some other numbers for example IDAxis_2 and IDAxis_4, try experimenting with them and see witch works.

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-06-06 17:34:57)

-LongxShot-
Resident Loner
+1|6197
thank you ill try that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard