Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6660|Montreal, Qc, Canada
What can i do if i want to have a better acceleration on my car... ?

Something that will not fuck off the car
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6670
Trim the engine.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6661
You need to lllooooooooooooooooolll it.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6727
Use baking soda.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

thareaper254 wrote:

You need to lllooooooooooooooooolll it.
do you want me to loooooooooollllllllll you ?

/angryvoice
ts-pulsar
+54|6524
Remove weight from the car is cheap and relatively easy.  thing's like removing the sound deadening material, seats speakers that sort of junk.

If you want to keep it normal looking on the inside there are a couple things to do to the engine, but they aren't going to do a whole lot, hardly noticeable really.  A cold air intake system will help any vehicle (would help to know what kind of car you have btw) as well as less restricting exhaust.  Those are safe means of extra power, going a whole lot further than that tends to do things that wear out the engine faster. 

If you don't care about engine life you can do a whole lot more, like Nitrous injection, throwing a turbo or supercharger on messing with the computer and if your really serious, rebuilding the engine.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6670
On a serious note don't fuck with it..My boat has a quite a large engine and naturally I wanted more horse power on the existing 400. I tried doing it myself but almost killed the entire thing. Get a mechanic to do it for you or else you risk giving yourself a major headache later on in reference to funds.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6677|Brisbane, Australia

A fully sick subwoofaaaar, spoiler, neons, rims muffler are scientifically proven by lebanese scientists to make your car 25% faster.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6727
Make? Model? Year?
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6310|Pacific NW, USA
Like pulsar said....weight reduction is the cheapest/easiest way.

Intakes really dont do much except make the motor sound cooler.

And what kind of car is it...is it auto or manual trans?

Last edited by PigPopTart (2007-06-05 23:05:45)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Make? Model? Year?
Acura Tsx 04 and its auto...

Last edited by Andoura (2007-06-05 23:08:02)

Reciprocity
+721|6602|the dank(super) side of Oregon
change out yer headlight bearings and git that muffler fluid changed.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6671|Keyboard
Paint it red. You should now that red cars drive faster than the other ones.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6727
That's funny you are complaining about acceleration, considering you have a Tsx.  They're supposed to have  six gear ratios instead of the more common five ratio arrangement, giving them much smoother/speedier/better acceleration.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2007-06-05 23:15:18)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6653|Finland

Change the catalysator, air filter and muffler. (Sports cats tend to up your cars performance by 2-5%, mufflers another 2% + the air filter maybe 1%). These parts are easy to change, and you won't be messin' with the engine itself. <--- All parts approx 1500 to 2500 € ?

Another thing you could do, would be to buy a sports chip, but I recommend that you do all chip coding at a professional (shouldn't cost all too much).

Oh, and release the handbrake.
I need around tree fiddy.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

That's funny you are complaining about acceleration, considering you have a Tsx.  They're supposed to have  six gear ratios instead of the more common five ratio arrangement, giving them much smoother/speedier/better acceleration.
im not complaining... just trying to improve
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6727
Any particular reason?
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6310|Pacific NW, USA
Aftermarket is big for the TSX... K24 is a good motor too (that's what you have).  Check out www.honda-tech.com  all about Honda's/Acura's.  Lots of assholes on there but also a megaton of good info.

Edit:  a whole section dedicated to the TSX, http://honda-tech.com/zeroforum/46

Last edited by PigPopTart (2007-06-05 23:24:42)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6540|Πάϊ
Nice car. Too bad its auto... that's what makes it a bit sluggish. What the guys said is pretty much all you can do without messing with the engine. Exhaust, chip, cooling system.

or you could sell it and buy a proper one with a stick   jk
ƒ³
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6602|Melbourne, Australia.

Sarrk wrote:

A fully sick subwoofaaaar, spoiler, neons, rims muffler are scientifically proven by lebanese scientists to make your car 25% faster.
don't forget, this all has to be in a VL turboooo broo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard