tom4u
+0|6191
Some pistols are rounded at the barrel and I have no idea (when zoomed in) where to aim. I just take pot shots with the enemy soldier totally covered by my zoomed in pistol barrel. When it fires and recoils, I cant see the soldier either. Am I doing right? or wrong? Any parts of the pistol I should be looking at to sight my target?

Rgds,
tom4u
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6309|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p1198565

AND

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=75820

This is more or less where to aim. No silenced pistols, though. Just click-spam.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6538|USA
those rounded barrels are silencers. 
*sigh*

nevertheless, you seem to have the right idea.

sight picture - sight alignment
tom4u
+0|6191
Thanks mate.
appreciate it.
i was searching pistol guide....maybe thats why i cant find these...
Thanks.
TheSkrapper
+7|6218
Here is an easy way to site your pistols, silenced or not.

Get a fine tip dry erase marker.  (Test it in the corner of your screen to make sure it wipes off.  I use a glass CRT.  I haven't tested this on LCD.)  (Gene_Pool stated below to use a lead pencil on LCDs .... thanks GP)

Go prone and zoom in using a sniper rifle and put a dot on the crosshair.  As long as you don't change any graphics related settings that should be your computers "general site".  (My CRT has thick glass so if I move my chair I have to replace the dot because it looks off.)

Cycle through a few kits and weapons and see that they all share this site.  Now site in the pistol.  It should be pretty close to a head shot with the dot.  Of course it might not be 100% dead on depending on distance.

I find that I keep that dot on at all times.  That way you can quickly line up the shot while on the move before you zoom.  It really helps once you get use to it.  Good tip I read some place on this site.

It helps on the + sites that have a big opening in the middle.  It can even help at firing a sniper rifle point blank range unzoomed when that infantry surprizes you.

It also helps when you are a gunner in a transport chopper because you don't loose your site on the white clouds.

Last edited by TheSkrapper (2007-06-05 08:06:10)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6342|Orrstrayleea

TheSkrapper wrote:

Get a fine tip dry erase marker.  (Test it in the corner of your screen to make sure it wipes off.  I use a glass CRT.  I haven't tested this on LCD.) 

Go prone and zoom in using a sniper rifle and put a dot on the crosshair.  As long as you don't change any graphics related settings that should be your computers "general site".  (My CRT has thick glass so if I move my chair I have to replace the dot because it looks off.)

Cycle through a few kits and weapons and see that they all share this site.  Now site in the pistol.  It should be pretty close to a head shot with the dot.  Of course it might not be 100% dead on depending on distance.

I find that I keep that dot on at all times.  That way you can quickly line up the shot while on the move before you zoom.  It really helps once you get use to it.  Good tip I read some place on this site.

It helps on the + sites that have a big opening in the middle.  It can even help at firing a sniper rifle point blank range unzoomed when that infantry surprizes you.

It also helps when you are a gunner in a transport chopper because you don't loose your site on the white clouds.
Hey......Thats a good idea
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6600|Melbourne, Australia.

TheSkrapper wrote:

Get a fine tip dry erase marker.  (Test it in the corner of your screen to make sure it wipes off.  I use a glass CRT.  I haven't tested this on LCD.) 

I only ever did that for COD2 :p
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6641|Gold coast, Aus.
works good for unscoping Eryx's. Just use a grey led pencil for LCD monitors btw.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6520|Valley of the Dragons

TheSkrapper wrote:

Its not exact.

The reticles on the Sniper Rifles dont match the center of the screen. Different resolutions give different crosshair centers too.

The game has bulletdrop so you will have to compensate for any shot you take.

There is deviation for each handheld weapon in BF2. Which in turn is influenced by your firing position, movement and zoom/unzoom.

Firing a Sniper Rifle (unzoomed) point blank and getting a Hit/Kill is extreme luck. The base deviation for that is huge when compared with any of the other weapons.

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-06-05 04:28:02)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6459|Brisbane, Australia

TheSkrapper wrote:

It should be pretty close to a head shot with the dot.  Of course it might not be 100% dead on depending on distance.

Jemme101 wrote:

Its not exact. The reticles on the Sniper Rifles dont match the center of the screen.

TheSkrapper wrote:

As long as you don't change any graphics related settings that should be your computers "general site".

Jemme101 wrote:

Different resolutions give different crosshair centers too.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-06-05 04:30:59)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
TheSkrapper
+7|6218

Jemme101 wrote:

Firing a Sniper Rifle (unzoomed) point blank and getting a Hit/Kill is extreme luck. The base deviation for that is huge when compared with any of the other weapons.
Yeah, I luckily have done this twice.  Both times were with the MEC semi-auto.  I rounded a corner and came face to face with the enemy.  I always run and scan with my dot.  It's second nature now so when I rounded the corner my dot was in his chest. (Although the gun seems to be aiming to the right.)  I let 3-4 rounds rip in rapid succession and luckily took out the enemy.  Had I tried to change to pistol or knife I would have died.

I've had a few failed attempts also, so I am not saying this is a tactic.  It doesn't matter what the deviation is if their chest fills 1/3 of your screen.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6520|Valley of the Dragons
True I agree with you on that. I made kills when I came face-to-face with somebody. But as a valid tactic for CQB fights I wouldnt recommend it. Its more of a last ditch resort if any imo.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6556|Las Vegas
Who the heck uses sights on pistols
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6557|Chicago

Snipingruven wrote:

Engineer is the only kit where it's excusable since that's their longest-range weapon.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6605|Seattle

RedTwizzler wrote:

Snipingruven wrote:

Engineer is the only kit where it's excusable since that's their longest-range weapon.
wrong. u should zoom in with any weapon provided you know how to use the iron sight. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=75820
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6640|Mhz

TheSkrapper
+7|6218

Snipingruven wrote:

I've used my silenced pistol at meduim range sighted to attack a squad taking a flag. (I was out of nades.)  If I had used my sniper rifle I would have given away my position.   I was able to quietly kill 4 before I was spotted and finally killed.   (Only 2 by headshots.  Pistols can fire pretty rapidly and using the dot and sight helps.)
tom4u
+0|6191
well, basically I tried and it really works when u point roughly to the head and fire away. The sign is seeing the puff of smoke on impact at the head area..then u'll know u are going the right direction. if too far away, of cos, the iron sight helps. But in most cases, u don't have the luxury to take aim, and fire. I usually fire my pistols in a moment of flurry when I ran out of bullets, or when I'm a sniper. The thing is...I finally got my pistol badge. Haha... thanks guys for all the tips!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard