gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6682|The Real World

Q. Does the N52 speedpad support Vista 64 bit?

A. We do not have drivers for 64bit OS yet we only support the OS shown in tha manual and the box at the moment.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
Q&A updated!  If you have anything else to add feel free to post it here or PM me. Thanks

P.S. I miss bf2s. 
Kashmir
The J-10 is my J-10
+39|6703
how do you do the 2d windows stacked together like in the first screeny.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6749|Toronto | Canada

the button to the right of the start menu - it looks like stacked windows
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Winston_Churchill wrote:

the button to the right of the start menu - it looks like stacked windows
tab + windows key.

Last edited by cyborg_ninja-117 (2007-05-23 07:50:07)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6749|Toronto | Canada

https://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/13315320711.jpg

In the bottom left in between the windows logo and the firefox symbol
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6768|Denmark
hmm.. with what I've seen and the brief time I've tried Vista I think I'm going to stick with my Ubuntu 7.04 studio edition with xgl and Beryl.. much sweeter than that mac/linux ripoff crap windows are providing you with.. almost all their new "innovations" can either be found in linux or mac os releases.. oh, and my Ubuntu dosnt crash I know thats a new thing for you windows users, and it dosent require a reboot all the time, I'm glad I switched..
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone

Z-trooper wrote:

hmm.. with what I've seen and the brief time I've tried Vista I think I'm going to stick with my Ubuntu 7.04 studio edition with xgl and Beryl.. much sweeter than that mac/linux ripoff crap windows are providing you with.. almost all their new "innovations" can either be found in linux or mac os releases.. oh, and my Ubuntu dosnt crash I know thats a new thing for you windows users, and it dosent require a reboot all the time, I'm glad I switched..
but can u play games on ubuntu? and i dont mean solitaire
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6768|Denmark

>>SUPR3MACY<< wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

but can u play games on ubuntu? and i dont mean solitaire
yep.. its just a question of skills I CAN play BF2 on my Ubuntu laptop with a ATI gfx card...

and if I need Windows, I can run it inside Linux
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone
hmm... can u post some screenies to see whats your bf2 framerate on Ubuntu? cos i have a copy in my drawer but never seriously thought of installing it. i would appreciate that.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Thr1lls33k4
+4|6361|Maastricht, Netherlands
lol who can tell me?
BF2 + vista is just totally suck

it used to play quite well when i installed Vista for the first time...
but last days it gets worse and worse
my BF2 keeps crashing, all the time with mapchange...i dont know what it is, but it seems to be a memory leak or something....
i have 4 gb of memory and vista x64...
anyone got the same problems?
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6730|Scotland

Thr1lls33k4 wrote:

lol who can tell me?
BF2 + vista is just totally suck

it used to play quite well when i installed Vista for the first time...
but last days it gets worse and worse
my BF2 keeps crashing, all the time with mapchange...i dont know what it is, but it seems to be a memory leak or something....
i have 4 gb of memory and vista x64...
anyone got the same problems?
yeah, had vista installed for a while. Went straight back to XP after attempting to play bf2.

It pretty much failed, bout 4.5 minutes to verify client data
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
I suspect that Vista will be slow to start like XP did.  Which means that games like BF2 and 2142 will run just fine on Vista once the hardware becomes cheaper.
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6573|I'm a Viking....Norway

Brizzzer wrote:

I suspect that Vista will be slow to start like XP did.  Which means that games like BF2 and 2142 will run just fine on Vista once the hardware becomes cheaper.
yup... bf2 runs fine....
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6615|Greenwood, IN
BF2 did run fine for me.(Don't have my computer anymore.)  I was running a 7600GT with 2GB of ram and I could run BF2 on high and 2142 on medium with really no problems.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6641|USA
my bf2 runs fine.  The only problem I have with vista is I have a few software programs that are not able to get on the internet.  Namely MS office.  Thats kinda weird.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6452|Stealth City, UK
Quick question......

When and if a Service Pack is released will people with the non-service pack version still be able to download all the updates and fixes that are available in the SP1 version?
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6682|The Real World

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Quick question......

When and if a Service Pack is released will people with the non-service pack version still be able to download all the updates and fixes that are available in the SP1 version?
Yes
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6452|Stealth City, UK

gvers wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Quick question......

Yes
Thanks!
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6442
Q:
Does DRM affect my music downloads.

A:
DRM ONLY affects HD content all ur "backed up" mp3s and videos etc. will play fine. For anything to be able to legally play HD content they must ensure DRM is there ( this includes bluray and HDDVD players). However vista will not play anything in an HD resolution if the DRM requirements are not met, but you will still be able to view it in standard definition.

Q:
will i experience any FPS loss in gaming

A:
non that will make a difference, if you play at 1337 FPS u will still get 1337 FPS, if you got crappy FPS u will still get that. After six months of release vista is doing well considering how long XP took to catch up to 2K. From all the benchmarks using latest drivers an average drop is about 5-10 FPS. ATI do consistently with their FPS drop being around 7 for all games (apart form the odd few). and Nvidea are less consistent with some games losing about 15 FPS and others GAINING 10 and any ware in-between.
icecreamgod
+13|6175
Ok, so i just ordered an Alienware Area-51. I bought it 4 gigs of ram for Vista because apparently vista is a RAM-EATING MACHINE!  was the 4 gigs of ram overkill, or will it come in handy?

by the way my computer is a quadcore intel core 2 duo, 680 SLI mobo, and an GeForce 8800 GTX
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6442

icecreamgod wrote:

Ok, so i just ordered an Alienware Area-51. I bought it 4 gigs of ram for Vista because apparently vista is a RAM-EATING MACHINE!  was the 4 gigs of ram overkill, or will it come in handy?

by the way my computer is a quadcore intel core 2 duo, 680 SLI mobo, and an GeForce 8800 GTX
2 GB will run it fine tbh, it eats ram when you dont use it, when you do it goes on a diet
and do you have vista 64bit? to go with the 4gb and quad core? if dont change to that
icecreamgod
+13|6175

[PTG]shogun wrote:

icecreamgod wrote:

2 GB will run it fine tbh, it eats ram when you dont use it, when you do it goes on a diet
and do you have vista 64bit? to go with the 4gb and quad core? if dont change to that
Ok so I just realized that my Alienware comes in the mail with a stock "windows home premium" and the 64bit Windows Vista is kinda like a steroid injector-patch. Anyways, I was reading what it does, it says it gives "added support" to the GeForce 8800 ULTRA, not my 8800 GTX. But as I was reading lower, it says that it supports these driver following 3D features:

Single GPU support
DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8 series GPUs
OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

So i guess my questions are:
1. Even though I have a GeForce 8800 GTX, should I still download it (because I have a NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI  mobo)?
2. And What does the DirectX 9/10 or Open GL mean for my GeForce 8 GPU series?
3. What the heck is DirectX (sorry if that seems retarded)?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

icecreamgod wrote:

[PTG]shogun wrote:

icecreamgod wrote:

Ok so I just realized that my Alienware comes in the mail with a stock "windows home premium" and the 64bit Windows Vista is kinda like a steroid injector-patch. Anyways, I was reading what it does, it says it gives "added support" to the GeForce 8800 ULTRA, not my 8800 GTX. But as I was reading lower, it says that it supports these driver following 3D features:

Single GPU support
DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8 series GPUs
OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

So i guess my questions are:
1. Even though I have a GeForce 8800 GTX, should I still download it (because I have a NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI  mobo)?
2. And What does the DirectX 9/10 or Open GL mean for my GeForce 8 GPU series?
3. What the heck is DirectX (sorry if that seems retarded)?
DX (well, Direct3D) and OpenGL are two different ways of handling 3D graphics. DX10 is the newest fanciest version, but there is not a lot of content available yet.

Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.

"steroid injector-patch"? WTF?
icecreamgod
+13|6175
isn't that patch just a peformance enhancer for your windows vista? ok wait time out, the 64bit is not a different version correct? its kinda like a mod. you just download it from this link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html

when i buy windows vista home premium, it is just normal windows vista right? and then i download from that link above to make it windows 64bit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard