RONIN6969001
+0|6765|Duluth MN
why not im getting to the point   why the hell not stat pad   it to the ranking were you have all the unlocks its not like EA or DICE actully do anything to you         i mean come on who has actully got there bf2 accound taken away for this   i mean ive heard while playing games    but come on wheres the proof that these guy are actully getting punished for this?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6760|The United Center
EA recently banned a good amount of accounts for proof of stat padding.  one of the accounts they banned was the highest ranked commander in the world.

but you go ahead and stat pad.  if i'm ever in a server with you, i'll make sure to drop my friendly arty onto you.
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6713|Arizona, USA
statpadding is for noobs who don't have any skills
dan500
+57|6861
Let The Flaming Begin 

Last edited by dan500 (2006-01-23 22:44:57)

Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6708|The Ville
and suddenly RONIN6969001's account disappears
RONIN6969001
+0|6765|Duluth MN
im just tring to make a point and whos was the highest that got banned???
Hyper
Banned
+154|6764

ThomasMorgan wrote:

if i'm ever in a server with you, i'll make sure to drop my friendly arty onto you.
https://www.hyperelite.net/pix/padding.PNG
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6737|New Hampshire

ThomasMorgan wrote:

EA recently banned a good amount of accounts for proof of stat padding.  one of the accounts they banned was the highest ranked commander in the world.

but you go ahead and stat pad.  if i'm ever in a server with you, i'll make sure to drop my friendly arty onto you.
Give me a break - this is the biggest load of bullshit and you KNOW it.

The guy who you're talking about (roofus) was actually a good player - he was just a dick about owning his server and kicking people to get on winning teams, etc.

As for true stat padders - the guys who knife revive - there are SO MANY OF THEM that you can't even count them, and proof of them show up in these forums all the time.  However, EA banning 3 decent player and leaving all of these guys with 100+ kills to a favorite victim is appalling.  EA/Dice use scare tactics, and it's pretty much complete bullshit - you can pad all you want and you're not going to get reset becasue of it, unless you're in the top 200 players in the world and you've worked hard to maintain good stats.  Then you might look suspicious, in which case those fascist dicks at EA will reset your account.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6757|Malaga, España
ever noticed that EA isnt capable to wipe all the accounts at the same time....coz there are to many .... but i,m pretty sure that people who stat padded turn on their BF2 and enters a server that he noticed after 10 kills he gets the Basic badge again and sees he's a fucking private some day
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6737|New Hampshire

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

ever noticed that EA isnt capable to wipe all the accounts at the same time....coz there are to many .... but i,m pretty sure that people who stat padded turn on their BF2 and enters a server that he noticed after 10 kills he gets the Basic badge again and sees he's a fucking private some day
EA may not be capable of wiping a lot of accounts at once...but wiping 3ish every few months is certainly a crap figure.  EA doesn't care if you pad - they really don't.  The entire rank system is put into the game to make it ADDICTING TO USERS.  Think about it - a lot of people wouldnt play as often if they didn't feel as if they were working towards something.  I know I play a lot because I usually set goals such as point marks or badges to achieve.  EA doesn't care about padders unless you bitch about the same guy over and over.  Look over these forums and you'll see blatant padders with favorite victims of over 100, even 2 or 300 in some cases, and theyve had their stats intact for a long time.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6764

TehSeraphim wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The guy who you're talking about (roofus) was actually a good player - he was just a dick about owning his server and kicking people to get on winning teams, etc.

As for true stat padders - the guys who knife revive - there are SO MANY OF THEM that you can't even count them, and proof of them show up in these forums all the time.  However, EA banning 3 decent player and leaving all of these guys with 100+ kills to a favorite victim is appalling.  EA/Dice use scare tactics, and it's pretty much complete bullshit - you can pad all you want and you're not going to get reset becasue of it, unless you're in the top 200 players in the world and you've worked hard to maintain good stats.  Then you might look suspicious, in which case those fascist dicks at EA will reset your account.
umm
kicking to get a win IS padding
whether ya want to beleive it or not.
he got his shit wiped and he got what he deserved
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6861|-

TehSeraphim wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Um, yeah, r00fus was probably the biggest stat-padder in the game. R00fus was by no means a "good player", he wasn't even a FAIR player. Kicking people off the other team so your team always wins is definitely called stat-padding. If anyone deserved to have their stats reset it was r00fus.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

TehSeraphim wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Um, yeah, r00fus was probably the biggest stat-padder in the game. R00fus was by no means a "good player", he wasn't even a FAIR player. Kicking people off the other team so your team always wins is definitely called stat-padding. If anyone deserved to have their stats reset it was r00fus.
i say ip ban him, teaches ppl like him a lesson
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6718
EA has the ability to wipe as many stats as they like in one press of a button all they need to know is who they got to do it why they dont do it i dont know but i know they do wipe them as in the three guys posted in the other post
cocoasdad
+0|6756
There is a simple reason why stats don't get wiped-money.

Every person who plays is a potential upsell of expansion packs. If you cut off a user you lose the sale. There will be a few token punishments here and there so it can be claimed that the usage agreement is being followed, but the people that stat pad at lower levels will never get hit.

There was alot of comparison to World of Warcraft and the mass cleansing they implemented {18,000 accounts at once}. The reason WOW monitored and cleared those accounts was because it is a subscription service that charges people a monthly fee. The amount of money they lose from lost cusomers is greater than the money they lose from booting padders and cheaters. The cost of BF2 is all payed up front and the additional sales are generated from expansions{at least at the player level}.

Try to view stat padders in a different way: Their score does not affect your score in any way. If you get your medals, ribbons and ranks the right way you will also gain skills. If someone sits off the edge of a map and knife/revives 250 times, they gain nothing. When someone sees your stats they are honest, when you look at someone who pads it is ridiculously obvious. When you are in a jet and get behind a First Sgt or Sgt Major that can't fly his way across a map you will know why. If you think that their score gives them unfair unlocks-kill them and take it away.

There are tons of posts on every site about padders and very little if anything is done about it. Worry more about the people that have accounts to do intentional TKs to help their friends win.

See:   Knife_Bros   a padder, a TK account, and a general A-hole.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6737
Nooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.......its that simple........stats padding is for noobs
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6753

cocoasdad wrote:

There is a simple reason why stats don't get wiped-money.

Every person who plays is a potential upsell of expansion packs. If you cut off a user you lose the sale. There will be a few token punishments here and there so it can be claimed that the usage agreement is being followed, but the people that stat pad at lower levels will never get hit.

There was alot of comparison to World of Warcraft and the mass cleansing they implemented {18,000 accounts at once}. The reason WOW monitored and cleared those accounts was because it is a subscription service that charges people a monthly fee. The amount of money they lose from lost cusomers is greater than the money they lose from booting padders and cheaters. The cost of BF2 is all payed up front and the additional sales are generated from expansions{at least at the player level}.

Try to view stat padders in a different way: Their score does not affect your score in any way. If you get your medals, ribbons and ranks the right way you will also gain skills. If someone sits off the edge of a map and knife/revives 250 times, they gain nothing. When someone sees your stats they are honest, when you look at someone who pads it is ridiculously obvious. When you are in a jet and get behind a First Sgt or Sgt Major that can't fly his way across a map you will know why. If you think that their score gives them unfair unlocks-kill them and take it away.

There are tons of posts on every site about padders and very little if anything is done about it. Worry more about the people that have accounts to do intentional TKs to help their friends win.

See:   Knife_Bros   a padder, a TK account, and a general A-hole.
I used to play FFXI online, even though I had to play a monthly fee they still kept padding and after no able to conrtol 1 bit they made it legal.................

AND

Stat padders and hackers in MMORPG GREATLY effect the over all gaming expierence.

As for stat padder in BF2.

Do what the fuck you want idc if padd on our server (my clan server) you'll get banned for stat padding.

If stat padders are messing your expierience on a server disconnect and log in another server. There are 4526782349657843659 servers and you  can change it every time. This is not a MMORPG which you are in 1 server always in it and see the same guys over and over .

Online games like BF2 rock. MMORPG suxxxx. 1 server games sucks RPGs are meant to be offline bunch of fucktards which made them online while FPS.......what could be better opponent then a real person?

Although some fools in BF2 are way easier then AI in FEAR under Hard LOL
lordgrug
+0|6684
omg knife_bros spm graph is as jagged as crap, lol and he be a whorepadder lol, but he is a noob, and he's got 6800 revives!!! lol, i wonder how he got that knife badge aswell since most of his other badges are bronze.
A=10
+-2|6800|U.K DURHAM
all i can say is EA cant do away with your stats for nothing they cant do away with your stats just cause you have a high win loss or kd. as for padding your stats you go do it i got my game to play and have fun but its padders that fuck this game up you will be fighting like hell just to run into some tit. who wants to pad his new medal or brag i have this many kills with knife. well looks like its time for you to pay the price of being a lame loser. even good players are padding but trust me they will learn the hard way all i mean is play the game dude dont think of others stats was none of this with bf1942 and desert combat . thats why i got bf2 i love to play this kind of game.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6806

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i say ip ban him, teaches ppl like him a lesson
IP bans are daft.  A lot of ISPs (including mine) use dynamic IP addresses so you can never predict what IP address you'll have.  If you ban someone whose ISP uses this, you'll ban random people each day and not necessarily the stat-padder.
BBS||bunnykiller
+0|6689
I have one time stat paddet it was for the expert explosive
wang!
+1|6821
They reset my stats twice....
i don't care though...its much more fun to play the game allied with someone on the other team and medic rape people...ive never laughed so hard in my life...i think i  peed just a little.

I don't do it anymore because i work too much and have to spend time with the girlfriend but hey...you guys should try it too! ;] Cheers!
ex-static
+15|6702
You know what? I don't care as long as you're only doing it for badges you will never get reaaly high scores so it will not mess up my tour to BFS scores domination (which I will never reach )

BTW I rather have you stat padding than sandwiching me all the time.

Wang you messed up my post!!! I was talking to the other guy whatshisname. The one who posted before you.

Last edited by ex-static (2006-01-24 10:45:14)

wang!
+1|6821
I'm sorry you type so slow then.
ex-static
+15|6702
maybe, maybe not

we will never know

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard