FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6709|Devon, England
what do you mean... do you have any land at all or just the grey background?
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6625|Stockholm, Sweden
Forget about it. Although i do have a question, how do you make water?
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
And i cant manage to do that thing with the higthmaps, the warning doesnt pop up like it used to..?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6751|St. Andrews / Oslo

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Forget about it. Although i do have a question, how do you make water?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=37981
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
i finished my map, but of course it doesnt work. BF2 CTDs after like 15-20%, when its loading "objects". Can anyone tell what might be wrong..?

chiers
FFLink
There is.

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

And i cant manage to do that thing with the higthmaps, the warning doesnt pop up like it used to..?
they're most likely already set then.

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

i finished my map, but of course it doesnt work. BF2 CTDs after like 15-20%, when its loading "objects". Can anyone tell what might be wrong..?

chiers
hmm... have you used any weird looking objects? i can find what's wrong for you if you upload your map (what you've done so far) to a site and give me the link.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
No, i fixed it. the first time i saved i checked all of the boxes even though I shouldnt have, becasue that was exactly before I read your warning telling us to NEVER check any other boxes than the ones allready checked:P.  So i moved the overgrwoth folder away from my map folder, and now it works fine. Loads up like any other map.

Now  Im gonna learn how to make a minimap from your tut:)

thanks anyway!
Phrozenbot
+632|6634|do not disturb

Nice guide. Is there anyway to make this grass painting any quicker? Sheesh!
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6371|Troy, New York
Whenever i start 2 try and paint it gives me an Error! no level selected message and wont let me paint.
RandLore
+0|6443|UK
ty v-much i fond this to be v-good helped me out a lot
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6364|Slovenia
I started working and suddenly my editor became very bright (I must have clicked somewhere I shouldn't) so textures are very bright when applied on the map (the black and white squares are almost all white). Any idea?
EDIT: when I play the map, there's no texture, just white surface.

Last edited by BlAiR_AgaiN (2007-01-28 08:03:10)

FFLink
There is.
Argh, sorry I haven't been replying lately, I kind of forgot I will send you all PM's with the answers just incase you still need the help
FFLink
There is.

=ST6=Phrozenbot wrote:

Nice guide. Is there anyway to make this grass painting any quicker? Sheesh!
Afraid not. Although there are some third party tools that allow you to do it, I could never get them working though. Check out BFEditor.org, I know they use them alot.

h4hagen wrote:

Whenever i start 2 try and paint it gives me an Error! no level selected message and wont let me paint.
Have you loaded up your level? Make sure all the paint brush patterns etc. are picked and get back to me.

BlAiR_AgaiN wrote:

I started working and suddenly my editor became very bright (I must have clicked somewhere I shouldn't) so textures are very bright when applied on the map (the black and white squares are almost all white). Any idea?
EDIT: when I play the map, there's no texture, just white surface.
Is this after you turned off the fog in the render menu? If so, it's normal. If it's painting really bright, make sure you have chosen both types of paint, a detail and and a colour texture selected. If it still is going weird, get back to me with more info.
beast013
+0|6226
Love your tut, i worked out most, but missed a few things until you tut.

Under the right side tabs, how do you use the layers?

And if it's not the same thing - how do make 16/32/64 player maps.

Last Question--- how do add bots for single player.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6479
I'm going to attempt to make a map again, +1 for the tut.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6410|fåking denmark
I try to paint, but it isn't getting paint  ..

Last edited by Lieutenant_Jensen (2007-05-20 09:29:51)

FFLink
There is.

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

I try to paint, but it isn't getting paint  ..
Make sure the "Both" button is pressed in the right hand window box thing, and also make sure that you are in Deatil Texture Mode.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6410|fåking denmark
Oh .. Lol yes I forgot to be in Deatil Texture Mode ..

It worked ty ..
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6479
Where is the airfield object? Im trying to place a PLA airfield but cant find the object.
FFLink
There is.

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Where is the airfield object? Im trying to place a PLA airfield but cant find the object.
Try looking in the road directories, I haven't got the editor here on my laptop, but just browse aroudn the static and road tree.
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
"6. Activate all the heightmaps via trying to paint over the edges. There should eight altogther."

What do you mean with that? How do I do it?
HaxyQ
+2|6206|Tromsø, Norway
When I try to start my map, bf2 closes when it starts loading "Sound". And when I start bf2 editor up again after this, I get a error saying "Failed to init sound".
What is wrong?

Ops, sorry for double post.

Last edited by HaxyQ (2007-05-29 08:47:03)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6637|InGerLand
very nice
the last time i tried to use the level editor it didn't work at all, but this has some things i didn't try before so +1 for you

edit: ah never mind i'll just try again

Last edited by sfarrar33 (2007-06-03 06:35:49)

=EXP= Dr>Fragalot<
Does not have a minicity!
+11|6172|Tulln | Austria
great post! Cant believe that i understand this stuff

+1
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6166|Texas
I made all my minimap dds files, but when I create a server, there is no minimap in the hud or in the spawn screen, and there are also no spawn points in the spawn screen. What's wrong?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard