kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX
Ok here is a bug that actually just started happening to me recently and had never effected me before.

When I press E to get into a Stinger Missle Emplacement all goes well and I can shoot at things etc. However pressing E again does not allow me to leave the emplacement. Basically I am stuck in that damn thing until I am killed, suicide or manually disconnect. I have found that leaving a server and returning to it does not fix the issue and the bug still happens if I get in one. A restart of the game also does not seem to resolve the issue. It has happened on more than one server so I am not certain if it is a server issue. As this has just started happening to me and because no new patches have come out recently to warrent a new bug I don't quite know what the hell is going on.

Is this bug something unique to me or does this happen to other people as well?

My next thing to try would be a complete reinstall of the game.

Any suggestions?

Edit:
Link to EA Battlefield 2 Forum and Post there for this. This is just a marker for me and info for others.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6447

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-09-15 03:15:06)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6847|San Francisco

Wow, I have never seen or heard of such a thing happening in game. I think the first thing to check is your keyboard Perhaps the E key is shorting out or something?! Seems like the most logical explaination to me.

Beyond that I guess if you can consistantly reproduce the problem then perhaps an email to EA would be helpful... or you could just get really good with a stinger
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837
It's happened to me a couple of times where the first couple of times I couldn't get out of the Stinger.  I just turned until the tubes faced out the gap in the sandbags and got out.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

Burning_Monkey wrote:

It's happened to me a couple of times where the first couple of times I couldn't get out of the Stinger.  I just turned until the tubes faced out the gap in the sandbags and got out.
There is a required direction that the Stinger Emplacement needs to be facing in order to get out?????

That's new to me. I'll give it a try but I really don't think that's the issue on this one.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
bigsteveooooo
+1|6804|Wirral, UK
It has happened to me too, but only on dragon valley.  The Two stingers in the middle of the map with that stand (whatever its called) thing in the middle.

I think i actually was able to get out once after either killing something or getting half killed by a bomb.   It's really annoying though as you can see your enemy running up to kill you and you can't do anything about it.

Last edited by bigsteveooooo (2005-09-15 03:18:29)

-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6843|TX

bigsteveooooo wrote:

It has happened to me too, but only on dragon valley.  The Two stingers in the middle of the map with that stand (whatever its called) thing in the middle.

I think i actually was able to get out once after either killing something or getting half killed by a bomb.   It's really annoying though as you can see your enemy running up to kill you and you can't do anything about it.
yep it happened to me a few mights ago at this exact spot as well.  never could get out.  had to wait until someone killed me.  it sucked.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6847|-
I've had this happen to me many times. I'll keep pressing E and nothing will happen. You have to like, rotate and keep hitting E. Eventually you MIGHT get out, but I've always had to suicide.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
it also happend to me but only on dragon valley on the flag next to the USMC base on the little hill.

the gap could be an explanation cause last time i heard some kind of "merp" sound like a denial to exit it. after some time i was able to exit it again but i didnt pay attention wich direction iwas facing, gotta keep an eye on that.

it never happend somewhere else so far.
priznat
+0|6847
I've gotten that too, along with a noise when I hit the E key.. Annoying! I've never had to suicide tho, usually it lets you out, eventually.. Mostly on that same stinger on dragon valley too.. odd!
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6827|the UK
ive had it too on wetlands i think very anoying but thats how i got my ribbon for it lmho
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6847|San Francisco

Wow... seems like a really common thing... I think you all should check your E keys

My spacebar never lets me down when getting into or out of stingers/igla's
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
it happens to me on the top of the hill in the one map i forget the name.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6825|Netherlands
Same here;              and i still dont have my Air-Defense Ribbon     

* 3 Minutes in Stinger (Surface to Air Missile)  ;-(     whatever i do, or whatever time i stay in the stinger.  anyone else?

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-09-17 00:31:28)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Actually an addition to the supposed E bug for Stingers. Yesterday I was playing on Karkand and the E bug was hitting hardcore. Every time I went next to something that you could press E to enter it would enter me automatically and then eject me. Over and over again if I stood next to a vehicle. I had to quit and restart the game just to get that bug to stop. And then later, only on MG emplacements, I would enter and only see the wall or sandbags below the gun. As if I was prone right below the MG emplacement but not. And then everytime I died I would respawn without the ability to sprint unless I went prone and then stood up again. Then I could sprint again.

So the game is slowly getting more and more buggy. I have no idea if its the installation of BF2 getting more and more corrupt or if its the servers themselves getting more buggy. But something is going on and its not normal.

If the solution to these issues is to reinstall BF2 every 3 months or so then that's pretty serious.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia
alot of servers are having connection issues, and about 10 or more guys get booted.... or the servers get reset.

i too have the E key bug happen to me all the time.
BreaK
+0|6804
not only is it stingers, but i've been stuck on a gun emplacement in songhua stalemate, i was on it, then supplies landed DIRECTLY behind be, so if i was to crouch i would be hidded actually inside the supplies! i couldnt get off, untill i was killed
holocost
+1|6786|ireland,cork

TheMajorBummer wrote:

Same here;              and i still dont have my Air-Defense Ribbon     

* 3 Minutes in Stinger (Surface to Air Missile)  ;-(     whatever i do, or whatever time i stay in the stinger.  anyone else?
ya that is happenin to me too i even timed my self on a mg once and i met the criteria of the badge but i didnt get it and i dont know why anyone got an answer
BrightAsh
+1|6816
happones to me too, but ONLY in Dragon Valley on that hill in the center of the map on the left AA(when looking north) of the little cabin. Solution... don't get in one AA's suck anyway
Club3D
+31|6841
Buy a new keyboard because your E is broken LOL
BrightAsh
+1|6816
My enter/exit vehicle is Spacebar... so no thanx
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6846|Australia
Only had this once so far ever. and there was a supply crate between the stinger and a wall. I just spun lots untill it broke and i got out. but other than that no problems still.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6774|Dallas, Tx
Wow, I wasn't aware of that bug.  I die lots in stinger sites because I never my butt out of them fast enough after I piss off a jet or a chopper.  But anytime I've TRIED to get out, I could.  The red letter bug is annoying enough without something like this.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6819
I've had problems exiting vehicals and spawning on squad leaders. And everytime I try to spawn it asks me 3823094890834902374908 times where I want to spawn, its quite annoying, especially when you need to hop out of a vehical before the AT hits you
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6786|Bulgaria
this happens to me on one particular stinger of Dragon Valley!! I hate this bug!
Bloody Sky
+2|6844|Texas
This also happened to me once on Dragon Valley. Couldn't get out no matter what I did untill an enemy came up to me and laughed at me and knifed me.
I'm glad it has only happened once though. But I don't really get into Stinger much anymore. Gee, I wonder why.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard