Banned
+649|6244
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

David.Podedworny wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6697469.stm

Great now whos racist?
The hell does that have to do with racism?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
I meant sexist.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

roofliez
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Why would straight people want to go to a gay bar anyway?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

So the tables have turned ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6554|U.S.A

jord wrote:

HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6550

David.Podedworny wrote:

Great now whos racist?
what do you care, won't that keep you and your friends from gettin beatdowns?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Leprechaun56 wrote:

jord wrote:

That's what I thought.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Great now whos racist?
what do you care, won't that keep you and your friends from gettin beatdowns?
Beatdowns from who? And i only care because of all this whining i keep hearing everywhere how their discriminated against. I wonder will straight people protest? No i think not.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
This is a clear indication of 'equal opportunity' being far from what it stands for.

What would the reaction be if some other pub applied for the right to ban all gay people because it 'upset our heterosexual clientele'?

"Civil liberties groups have supported the decision." Trust the rejects of the world to agree.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6589|InGerLand

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Leprechaun56 wrote:

jord wrote:

That's what I thought.
read the article, its because straight girls are going in there to take the piss
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Well I think the idea he's trying to put out is: Why can they bar straights from their bars but we can't bar gays from regular bars?

It's just like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton's principles.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

sfarrar33 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Leprechaun56 wrote:

That's what I thought.
read the article, its because straight girls are going in there to take the piss
Well they only have to start kissing each other to get in, so there's the solution.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Why would a heterosexual want to go to a gay bar?
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6589|InGerLand

DrunkFace wrote:

This is a clear indication of 'equal opportunity' being far from what it stands for.

What would the reaction be if some other pub applied for the right to ban all gay people because it 'upset our heterosexual clientele'?

"Civil liberties groups have supported the decision." Trust the rejects of the world to agree.
It's not really like that because the bar owner isn't banning all straight people, it has just been given the right to ban people based on sexuality if it is deemed that those to be banned will bully the homosexual men in the bar. Whether or not the bar owner uses this right in the right way is a different issue.

If a pub applied to be able to ban gay people who they deemed to be upsetting or bullying the heterosexual clientele then its not that far fetched that they would be allowed, of course civil liberties groups would be against it but who cares about them?

to summarise it: the bitches who reckon they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and never got over that 13 year old immaturity are getting a well deserved kick in the teeth
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Why would a heterosexual want to go to a gay bar?
He/she could have a gay friend, imagine that.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
So? Gays are ridiculed and barred from certain areas too. They are just doing it to non-crazy people, aka Heterosexuals.

In the words of Quagmire, "you can't make a whole without a hole"
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

sfarrar33 wrote:

It's not really like that because the bar owner isn't banning all straight people, it has just been given the right to ban people based on sexuality if it is deemed that those to be banned will bully the homosexual men people in the bar. Whether or not the bar owner uses this right in the right way is a different issue.
See the difference? The sexual tendencies of a person has nothing to do with them bullying someone or not, and is a discriminatory generalisation. This is like saying 'X ethnic group has been found to not work as hard so I will not hire any of them'.

sfarrar33 wrote:

If a pub applied to be able to ban gay people who they deemed to be upsetting or bullying the heterosexual clientele then its not that far fetched that they would be allowed, of course civil liberties groups would be against it but who cares about them?
I'm against such actions taking place, but why do we allow different laws and standards for minorities which would be scene as discriminatory if applied to a majority.

sfarrar33 wrote:

to summarise it: the bitches who reckon they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and never got over that 13 year old immaturity are getting a well deserved kick in the teeth
Its people who fight or expect equal rights and then discriminate against others that need to get a reality check, and the government, court and majority should not stand for it, let alone condone it.

The same things have applied to many things in todays society:
  • A women only business.
  • Women being promoted in business over men not on performance, but just to increase women managers.
  • Ethnic groups being given special scholarships or access to higher education over more qualified people based solely on there race.
  • Its even spreading to sport where women want to compete in men's competition.

Just to name a few, but there are plenty of other examples.

I'm all for equality, but equality means just that. Put it however you like but if the situations were reversed there would be mass public outrage and these kind of double standards just don't help.

You judge people by who they are and what they do, NOT what they are and who they do.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-05-28 10:47:21)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6589|InGerLand

DrunkFace wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

Its people who fight or expect equal rights and then discriminate against others that need to get a reality check, and the government, court and majority should not stand for it, let alone condone it.

The same things have applied to many things in todays society:
  • A women only business.
  • Women being promoted in business over men not on performance, but just to increase women managers.
  • Ethnic groups being given special scholarships or access to higher education over more qualified people based solely on there race.
  • Its even spreading to sport where women want to compete in men's competition.

Just to name a few, but there are plenty of other examples.

I'm all for equality, but equality means just that. Put it however you like but if the situations were reversed there would be mass public outrage and these kind of double standards just don't help.

You judge people by who they are and what they do, NOT what they are and who they do.
for those things it does go a little far and well in fact those bitches i was on about really only exist in such quantity because of such women only business or because of sexuality = promotion.
With the case of the bar however it seems to be quite legitimate, I do not know the laws of Oz and maybe the bar had to give a reason for the ban and 'bullying based on sexuality' or 'bullying' alone was not enough?
I imagine at some point the double standards will cease, if they don't then simply do a michael jackson or pretend to be gay and reap the benefits.
wachtler83
+22|6556|Columbus,Ohio
some people are bi-sexual (but not me)
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K

wachtler83 wrote:

some people are bi-sexual (but not me)
Whatever!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
man that story is SO gay!

but seriously, if someone is in your pub and bullying someone, then the owner/staff have the right to throw them out regardless of colour, sex, etc...

I am sorry to say though, but if this was turned the other way around "Pub allowed to ban homosexual people in order to keep a balance, or to stop bullying or intimidation", then there would be a mass outcry from the homosexual community about this being homophobic
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6735|Dallas
Since when was being a fag and discriminated against, racist?
twiistaaa
+87|6639|mexico

jord wrote:

gay people CAN have have straight friends......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard