Kontrolfreq
+50|6613|Cambridge UK
This evening BF2142 ctd'd on me... annoying but i reloaded and carried on - next it froze. Ok slightly more worrying... relaoded for a third time and it wouldn't even load a map past the 2/3rds point. Right, i confirmed this by trying again and each time it froze at 2/3rds, meaning i had to exit via task manager.

To rectify this issue i've already reinstalled the game, repatched it, and re installed NS (why the hell doesn't EA link let you store files locally instead of downloading them each time.... so annoying!!!) Anyway, the reinstall didn't help, neither did deleting everything in the my documents\bf2143 directory, it's still freezing at the map load screen at the same point, regardless of the server i choose.

So now i'm stumped... any ideas chaps??
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6640|Derby, England

Ok First of all what settings you running the game ?

2. What do you have running in BG ? ( start > run > type in msconfig hit run or ok what ever button is there > then go to start up and hit Disable all and hit ok

At this stage don't worry it will auto reselect it self all the ones it needs on start up when it will restart your pc you will get pop up telling you about the changes you made tick the box and hit ok

Now try the game again See how it works now

Still having trouble type in badhq in search and you will find planty of lag reduction tutorials

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard