Poll

Would you let a gay man babysit your child?

Yes42%42% - 85
No43%43% - 87
Don't choose this as there is no gray area. Yes or No.14%14% - 30
Total: 202
dc_involved
+13|6530
My brother is gay, so yeah. plus i know a few gay guys and i would have no problem letting them look after my kids
Wraith
+30|6579

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Questions first:
Do I know if he's gay?
This is my first big issue with homosexuality. " Why do I know ? "

Why must I know intimate details of your sex life. Who else does this?
Who else?  Anyone who says "I'd like to introduce you to my wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance"  Just because they've let you know they're gay does NOT mean they have said "I spend my weekends taking up the arse from hundreds of guys with whips and chains".

I knew quite a few gay guys (and gals) at university.  Some of them I'd trust to look after children, some I wouldn't.  It's the same as with any pidgeonholed group of people. Some are nice, some aren't.  That goes for gays, Arabs, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Orientals, British, French, American, German, Australian and EVERY other group you can think of.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6560|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
better question is why the fuck did you even bother having kids.. those things are horrendous... they drain all your cash and make everything sticky :-P...

i voted yes.. nothing wrong with homosexual's.. i bet a grown man would be more respectable to your home and privacy than some teenager
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
Wouldn't have a problem with a Gay Babysitter, no with a Gay pilot, gay baker, gay solider, gay shopkeeper, gay fisherman, gay butcher, etc........

Its a stupid poll, why gay? why not lesbian? or middle aged woman?, or small person, tall person, fat person, thin person......

My point is that you judge people by getting to now them and who they are, not by what they are.

Last edited by paranoid101 (2007-05-20 12:07:36)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6550|CH/BR - in UK

I would decide on character, not on sexual preference, race, religion or music preference (maybe the most hardcore of rap-lovers I would leave out )

-konfusion
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

If they were a responsible/respectable person of course.
I have to vote no as there is a unjustifable risk involved.
Sorry.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sorry.
Why should there be any additional risk involved?
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6656|The View From The Afternoon
sup with the 3rd alternative?
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6526|Milkystania, yurop
somebody has prob already written this but im just to tired to read through 2 pages...

if hes gay is he automaticly a kiddie fiddler?

Would you let a lesbian babysitt your child?
of for that matter a tranny?

you judge somebody for what they do
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6537|Chicago

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sorry.
What is the risk, other than that of hiring any adult to spend time with your child without your supervision?
ATG
Banned
IMO, queers are as dangerous as guns.

I'm biased, see.

I am not objective at all  about this. I have experience from when I was a child.

You don't have to forgive and forget.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Bertster7 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sorry.
Why should there be any additional risk involved?
The risk that the kid my get turned into a gay!
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
If I had a dauter i would but if a son then hell no
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6537|Chicago

ATG wrote:

Not to derail this thread, but have you heard the interview with the British naval officer about having gays on his boats? If not, you should listen to it. It's pretty strange, but he talks about how if he let a gay man on his ship, he'd wake up and have all his personnel killed.

I'm not making any statements about whether you're right or wrong, but you might wanna give it a listen, if you can find it.
ATG
Banned

RedTwizzler wrote:

ATG wrote:

Not to derail this thread, but have you heard the interview with the British naval officer about having gays on his boats? If not, you should listen to it. It's pretty strange, but he talks about how if he let a gay man on his ship, he'd wake up and have all his personnel killed.

I'm not making any statements about whether you're right or wrong, but you might wanna give it a listen, if you can find it.
That sounds whacked.

I'm just saying gays are often repressed and frustrated sexually. They may be predispossed to prey on the weak simply because they often don't have an outlet for their sexuality.

I will not allow gay people, male or female to be alone with my kids, if I know they are that way. Sorry to sound like a bigot. Even if they are decent, there are still gender identity confusion issues to deal with. " mommy " why does Sarah dress like a man? "
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
I'd prefer a woman to do it anyways.
theelviscerator
+19|6288
I would, if they were the last person available, and had medical proof they carried no disease whatsoever no older then 3 days old. ( Date of Proof).
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6362|Vancouver
A babysitter should not be judged on such a characteristic. It makes absolutely no difference to me. The disposition of the babysitter is what matters.
BVC
+325|6695
Assuming I had kids, I'd be as likely to let a gay guy babysit my son as I would to let a straight guy or lesbian  babysit my daughter or a straight women babysit my son.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6768
why not. he’s gay not a pederast
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France
I don't think I'd want a MAN, gay or straight watching my kid.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6279

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

This is my first big issue with homosexuality. " Why do I know ? "

Why must I know intimate details of your sex life. Who else does this?

Its like….“ I like Bondage and I feel the need for a parade “ just keep it to your self already.
Right, since nobody here has ever met a straight guy who's bragged about their sexual exploits or a straight couple that's made a public spectacle out of themselves.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Also before you head down  (Pedophile street) to molest young boys, You must exit The Heterosexual highway at  Gay Ave exit.
Using that logic, you're a potential molestor of young girls.

The idea that gay men are more likely to be predatory towards young boys is more like an urban legend than actual fact, reinforced over the decades by people with a vested interest in keeping people suspicious and hateful towards homosexuals. I imagine actual child molestors probably help spread that idea themselves, since it keeps people focused on openly homosexual men and causes them to ignore the "straight married guy" archetype molestors like to use for camoflage.

As far as the whole "Just keep it to yourself all ready" thing, someone tell that to the guy at the mall with his hand down the back of his girlfriend's pants. Because that's exactly what I want to see while I'm eating in the food court, some guy apparently mining for gold in his girlfriend's ass. Or some other couple dry-humping each other.

ATG wrote:

I'm biased, see.

I am not objective at all  about this. I have experience from when I was a child.

You don't have to forgive and forget.
No but you could try learning something. Like maybe not allowing one miserable person who did you wrong to color your perceptions. Seriously, why the fuck would you allow someone like that to still have this kind of power over your life?

ATG wrote:

I'm just saying gays are often repressed and frustrated sexually. They may be predispossed to prey on the weak simply because they often don't have an outlet for their sexuality.
Amateur psychology twaddle. Gay men don't want kids, they want men. If anything, the sexual repression is why you have gay guys getting married to straight women and then cheating with men or gay men hooking up anonymously. Pedophiles prey on children and they do so not only by gaining the child's trust but sometimes by gaining the trust of the parents. I realize this is probably not going to further endear me to you, but you're playing a dangerous fucking game with any kids whose safety you're entrusted with based solely on your own prejudices and as such I am not inclined to be nicey-nice about it. Personally I'd rather have you be a little pissed at me now in the hopes you might see a bit clearly later than have you make a mistake you'd never forgive yourself for.

ATG wrote:

I will not allow gay people, male or female to be alone with my kids, if I know they are that way. Sorry to sound like a bigot. Even if they are decent, there are still gender identity confusion issues to deal with. " mommy " why does Sarah dress like a man? "
Kids seriously do not give a rat's ass about silly shit like that. Honesty works real good, I've noticed. Sheltering them from reality does them no favors and is a fantastic recipe for making them resent and distrust you.
ATG
Banned
I will not take chances with my kids.
You can with yours.

I have my reasons for thinking my way, you are free to think yours.

You'll have to try harder to piss me off, if that's your goal.

I respect what you are saying, but...I have my experience to deal with, and that is my best gage on how to govern my childrens exposure to perverts.

It's an imperfect world .

Last edited by ATG (2007-05-20 20:12:57)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561
Because gay people are perverts?
ATG
Banned
Well, yes.

Homosexuality does not do anything good whatsoever for the gene pool.

I have no further comment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard