Announcement

tF-afrojap
Member
+124|6180|SF
Why come out with a localization file for an aging game like BF2? Don't ask, I was bored, and cause BF2 kicks ass.
Grab a copy if you like, I'm open for comments/feedback.
http://www.k4zz.com/bf2/localization/

Some features include
- In-your-face™ style msges of Flag activity
- Very simplified msges (I don't show useless msges like "First aid, here!" Yeah, I can see that bigass icon on the ground kthx, also voting msges are dumbed down for a quick read)
- Color coded crap (ohhh, ahhh, puuuuurdy etc.)
- Boosts your KDR and AIM by 200% *

* Aimbots sold separately

Props to PunkX and Mad Ad for the Wiki contribution and Zenmaster for that old ass post of yours on how to get big letters in-game. Cheers.

EDIT: Messages that appear as PlayerName: *blank* are intentional and is a product of me deleting the content of useless messages such as "First aid, here!".

Last edited by tF-afrojap (2007-05-22 06:59:41)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|5826|N. Ireland
I spent quite a bit of time modifying my files and got a lot of people to test them. Square Brackets ([ and ]) work best, followed by Round Brackets {( and )}. I'm not to sure I'm keen on the idea of the over-simplified versions of "First aid, Here!" Another thing you may want to look at is the whole design thing around the top ( .:: thing), it just makes it look quite tacky. Also, I'm not sure on the whole "- APC -" thing, why not just right APC?

Other than, these are alright files. I quite like the idea at the top of information about secured / neutrality - sort of what Project Reality does.
tF-afrojap
Member
+124|6180|SF
The "- APC -" formatting helps spots to stand out more form the other crap. Personal preference at that point.
Not sure what you're suggesting with the square brackets..? Do you mean instead of Killed PLAYER <+2>, it should be [+2]?
.::It's all about the tackiness man::. Five-years old design fads FTW
Thx for the feedback I'll take it into consideration.

BTW anyone who has edited these knows how badly the text is organized within the file.. I managed to sort the contents alphabetically w/out corrupting it for easier editing. I'll upload the plain sorted version if there's any demand for it still..
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|5963|Washington, DC

Holy shit look who decided to come back from the dead!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|5826|N. Ireland
Regarding the APC bit - ok, but it could just be done in orange or something.
Brackets - Yeah I mean [+2] or (+2) instead of <+2>.
Tackiness ftl! Maybe in a week's time it'll be into fashion though
tF-afrojap
Member
+124|6180|SF
</ninja vanish> Ô_o
kylef
Gone
+1,352|5826|N. Ireland
.::.:---==^never!^==---:.::.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|5669|Oregon
you have some very innovative ideas there.
I personally like my own, plus having my own is kinda cool... but if you would share your coding for the "SECURED/NEUTRAL" stuff, that would be great. Also, the simplified spotting is nice.
I'm gonna take some of your ideas, so +1!
tF-afrojap
Member
+124|6180|SF
Steal away man. I had to use the poor man's way of centering text, so it might be off if your resolution isn't 1024*.. I haven't tested that actually. If that's the case I could release versions for different resolutions.

djphetal: Just search for "AUTO_RULES_cptaken" in english.utxt and it will take you to the line.

Last edited by tF-afrojap (2007-05-19 08:58:56)

Chou
Member
+737|6124
Thanks afro

https://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/8/5/19/f_tLrdgceG64m_33ff668.jpg
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|5669|Oregon

tF-afrojap wrote:

Steal away man. I had to use the poor man's way of centering text, so it might be off if your resolution isn't 1024*.. I haven't tested that actually. If that's the case I could release versions for different resolutions.

djphetal: Just search for "AUTO_RULES_cptaken" in english.utxt and it will take you to the line.
thanks.

These are way cool... i'm just kinda scanning through your localization files for things I like... if anyone asks, i'll tell them it was from yours. I hate plagiarism.
I took the "boat lolz"

I like that...
tF-afrojap
Member
+124|6180|SF
Chou: ROFL!! Where did you get my photo!? Srsly. </paranoid>
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|5796|meh-land
for some reason localization files never work for me, i put them in the right spots and make backups...

and absolutely nothing happens
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|5669
Sounds good, but I've never tried localization files... are they really worth it?

More importantly, I just looked at your stats, and haha, cdogmn on your victims list- +1
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|5623|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

robthemadman wrote:

Sounds good, but I've never tried localization files... are they really worth it?

More importantly, I just looked at your stats, and haha, cdogmn on your victims list- +1
And notice his worst enemy: tf-Hitman.

(Hint: He may or may not run this site)

And yeah, localization files can help.

Last edited by cowami (2007-05-19 11:42:57)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|5802

tF-afrojap wrote:

Chou: ROFL!! Where did you get my photo!? Srsly. </paranoid>
Ban him! He's stalking you!

Nice work.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|5859|Singapore
any screenies?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|5998|NT, like Mick Dundee

Aye matey, it be Afrojap! Long time no see!

Reportin fer duty TimmaaaaH.

READY TER FIRE TEH CANNONS OF A RIGHT PIRATEY FLAMIN COMMADORE!!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
geNius
..!.,
+144|5775|SoCal

leetkyle wrote:

I spent quite a bit of time modifying my files and got a lot of people to test them. Square Brackets ([ and ]) work best, followed by Round Brackets {( and )}. I'm not to sure I'm keen on the idea of the over-simplified versions of "First aid, Here!" Another thing you may want to look at is the whole design thing around the top ( .:: thing), it just makes it look quite tacky. Also, I'm not sure on the whole "- APC -" thing, why not just right APC?

Other than, these are alright files. I quite like the idea at the top of information about secured / neutrality - sort of what Project Reality does.
I really look at leetkyle's localization mods as a sort of "standard".  All around, I don't see anything that needs to be changed.  +1, because I forgot to, earlier.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|5960|UK
Cool, I think I'll borrow a few of your ideas and add them to mine.
_-_911_-_180891
Member
+540|5836|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

tF-afrojap wrote:

Why come out with a localization file for an aging game like BF2? Don't ask, I was bored, and cause BF2 kicks ass.
Grab a copy if you like, I'm open for comments/feedback.
http://www.k4zz.com/bf2/localization/

Some features include
- In-your-face™ style msges of Flag activity
- Very simplified msges (I don't show useless msges like "First aid, here!" Yeah, I can see that bigass icon on the ground kthx, also voting msges are dumbed down for a quick read)
- Color coded crap (ohhh, ahhh, puuuuurdy etc.)
- Boosts your KDR and AIM by 200% *

* Aimbots sold separately

Props to PunkX and Mad Ad for the Wiki contribution and Zenmaster for that old ass post of yours on how to get big letters in-game. Cheers.
Nice...
tF-afrojap
Member
+124|6180|SF
jkohlc: Screens after the jump.

geNius: Thank you.

liquidat0r: No you may not, tis protected by mad DRMz! :p

_-_911_-_180891: (.)(.)

Just found and fixed a bug that caused the UAV auto denied message to show as "COMMSL_UAV_uavrequestautodenied_alt".
It will correctly display as "UAV is Loading or is Destroyed..." now.
When the commander manually denies your arty/UAV/supply request, it will simply say "Denied" so you know the difference when he's waiting on it to charge up, or simply says no.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|5960|UK

tF-afrojap wrote:

liquidat0r: No you may not, tis protected by mad DRMz! :p
zomg, too late!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6040|67.222.138.85
Does anyone have problems not seeing global chat with this yet? I haven't had time to go to full troubleshooting mode yet, but I thought it might be good to check here first...

Excellent files, the only ones I've ever even thought of using, the only thing I changed was take out all the +1 stuff.

Good work
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|5959|Sea to globally-cooled sea
ooh i want to try it i can't wait to get home from work!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard