Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6849|USA! USA! USA!
My girl likes to watch me play sometimes.  Not as long as I like to play, but she does watch for a good hour or so sometimes.  She is very understandable about "personal time".  She likes to have it too, but not to play BF2 sadly.  She does play a lot of games, but none of them are multiplayer and tend to be more puzzle based.  We also spend a lot of time together going out and doing things by ourselves too.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6857|A Small Isle in the Tropics

LoL .. the only "girls" that watch me play are my two daughters aged 7 and 9.. and they do not consider daddy getting pasted and creamed on the 'field as "playing".. and they DO play BF2 (and Starwars Battlefront) at that age but restricted to single player since there are no ESRB rating for online swearing.. LoL

besides, at that age, they will be practising driving a jeep (they got another 10 years to go for a drivers license) at some remote corners of Zatar Wastelands

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-08-18 22:24:44)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6867|-

mikeshw wrote:

besides, at that age, they will be practising driving a jeep (they got another 10 years to go for a drivers license) at some remote corners of Zatar Wastelands
The crop circles?
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6857|A Small Isle in the Tropics

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

The crop circles?
dang.. that explains it!! LoL..

they are so proud to have moved up from grunts to squad leader to commander in single player.. didnt have the heart to tell them it was single player, there are no kickvotes or mutiny.. somethings are better left unsaid..
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6856
my wife never understood gaming and bitchwd about it all the time, my new hot girfreind gets it though.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6859|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Horseman 77 wrote:

my wife never understood gaming and bitchwd about it all the time, my new hot girfreind gets it though.
Absolutely classic!
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6861|Missoula, MT
Being married, the best thing is find another married couple where the guy games too and the wives can do their wife thing like talking, watching chick flicks, or whatever whilst the guys game in the basement!  Finding that perfect balance isn't easy, took us a few years to figure it out.  But we're on the right track now! 

Just try not to brag to the women about your BF2 stats and they'll not bug you so much about the latest Kutcher movie they just loved.  hehe.
Angry_Sioux
+0|6861

rofo wrote:

buy her a computer & sims 2

just kidding
Worked for me actually.
sHe01
+0|6829
A few years ago my guy bought an all singing all dancing PC and spent countless hours in the spare room .. 'what keeps you so busy on that damn pc' i would ask over and over ... 'Sam' he said  .... days.wks,mths, went by with me nagging  constantly about his 'PC' time ... Eventually the curiosity got the better of me so went to investigate this 'Sam' and see what all the fuss was about.... from there on in i was hooked... 'Serious Sam' became my new buddy as did a new PC (for me ofc)... Ive been a serious gamer ever since playing every game the budget could stretch too..  So there you have it boys....  The key is to everytime she nags .... 'tell her your busy saving the world' .. Curiosity will prevail ... 
wang!
+1|6827

sHe01 wrote:

A few years ago my guy bought an all singing all dancing PC and spent countless hours in the spare room .. 'what keeps you so busy on that damn pc' i would ask over and over ... 'Sam' he said  .... days.wks,mths, went by with me nagging  constantly about his 'PC' time ... Eventually the curiosity got the better of me so went to investigate this 'Sam' and see what all the fuss was about.... from there on in i was hooked... 'Serious Sam' became my new buddy as did a new PC (for me ofc)... Ive been a serious gamer ever since playing every game the budget could stretch too..  So there you have it boys....  The key is to everytime she nags .... 'tell her your busy saving the world' .. Curiosity will prevail ... 
Dude! Serious sam is the one that started it all for me! I loved that game and I ripped everyones ass. I was hooked. Tons of 30/0 rounds on desert temple...Tommy gun for T3h win! Oh yeah, serious sam 2 is coming out real soon...look for the demo...BTW what was your hustbands in game name on serious sam? They didn't have the largest fanbase ever and I fragged with a lot of people.
Laby
+0|6820|Dallas, Texas
1)    Stop playing the game. (I know I know, stick with me though)
2)    Stop showering
3)    Start doing large sums of cocaine.
4)    Sell the family car, tv, her jewelry.
5)    Confess to her that you need help.
6)    Tell her, “Video games were the only thing that brought me as much joy as the drugs did.”

TADA….all the video games you want to play and imagine being encouraged to play them by your wife!

It's not pretty but it is very very effective.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6861|Missoula, MT
Dude, that's messed up!
Miakei
+1|6842|Los Angeles, CA
Thankfully my fiance and I have an understanding. She lets me play on the game as long as I want...then afterwards, she can nag me about how much time I spend on the game for as long as she wants. It's really a balanced relationship.

To fix said problem, gather these materials.

1 Roll of Duct Tape
10 ft of Barbed Wire *razor wire ok if in a pinch*
1 Barstool *with back*
1 jar of marshmallow paste.
1 Colony of fireants
2 lemons
1 bottle vinegar

Add imagination, stir vigorously, and let simmer for 2-3 days.

Result, ALL THE GAME TIME YOU WANT!
assuming said game is Hide the Salami with Bruno in your cell...
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6856|Finland

Miakei wrote:

Thankfully my fiance and I have an understanding. She lets me play on the game as long as I want...then afterwards, she can nag me about how much time I spend on the game for as long as she wants. It's really a balanced relationship.

To fix said problem, gather these materials.

1 Roll of Duct Tape
10 ft of Barbed Wire *razor wire ok if in a pinch*
1 Barstool *with back*
1 jar of marshmallow paste.
1 Colony of fireants
2 lemons
1 bottle vinegar

Add imagination, stir vigorously, and let simmer for 2-3 days.

Result, ALL THE GAME TIME YOU WANT!
assuming said game is Hide the Salami with Bruno in your cell...
lol....You got a pic or a smell sample of that?
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6827
Fortunately, my woman is understanding...I showed her some fun parts of the game (like the group-jumping-lying-down-thing), told her about supply-drops falling on my head etc.... Now she thinks I'm playing a total idiot-stunt-game with guns involved and is happy with it
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6843|St. Louis, MO
She won't,It's something that makes you happy.So she naturally won't like it.
Laby
+0|6820|Dallas, Texas
My wife watches the TV, I play computer. I'll turn off the computer when she turns off the TV........I don't turn off my computer often.
chani666
+0|6822
well... afterall... BF2 isnt that timeconsuming... you know... you should try looking into starwars galaxies forum for this kinda posts... I had my time when i played 16hours through everyday... all week...  (for those who know it: double master jedi grind in 3 weeks... rofl)

actually this was AFTER my gf left me...

Last edited by chani666 (2005-09-15 08:27:27)

chani666
+0|6822

Laby wrote:

My wife watches the TV, I play computer. I'll turn off the computer when she turns off the TV........I don't turn off my computer often.
hehe noone said you cant have sex while playing PC and watching TV....
Laby
+0|6820|Dallas, Texas

chani666 wrote:

Laby wrote:

hehe noone said you cant have sex while playing PC and watching TV....
Been there done that. When you see me crashing those copters into buildings, well..it's not always because I can't drive copters.
Phonics_Monkey2
+0|6818
Solution: Get your wife a gay male friend.

1.  They can go shopping (so u dont have 2)
2.  U dont have to answer the loaded question "Do I look fat in this?", he can do it.
3.  U dont have to worry about him banging her like the Salvation Army Drum.

Heh, my 2 cents
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6861|Missoula, MT
Keep it clean guys, there are youngsters about.  Thanks.
Helicon
+0|6865|England
I have 2 pc's hooked up to internet.

Mine has BF2 on it. Girls has WoW.

We have no arguments regarding me playing as shes on World of bloody Warcraft all the time.

I honestly think I could commit adultry in the same room and she wouldnt notice.
Charlie_melvin
Right between the eye's
+0|6833

scrivy wrote:

hEY gUYS ....My wife plays aswell and damn she is the best commander i have seen ..but she also plays other titles too but we always spend time together doing other things aswell

We don't overgame and we still watch some tv so we are busy but gaming is not our number one priority but we do love it among other things.
your wife's the best commander you've seen!
I wonder where she was stood when you wrote that! lol
Laby
+0|6820|Dallas, Texas
Behind him with the frying pan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard