JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306
So i was bored and wanted to practice up on my tv missiles so i played on single player on expert in dragon valley. Well after that i was like i wonder what it is like on foot so i went to strike at karkan, even while bunny hoping my life out with a medic pack in my hands the computer some how always kills you one shot with the AK 101, i was even sniping from a high building  and the computer would shot me out of no wear with that stupid gun. so i got out my shot gun an started to blast those fools. any one else ever notice this? i picked up there kit and noticed it was on single shot. stupid AIM BOT
Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6467
Bots =/= Real people.

Go play Unreal Tournament.

Last edited by Axon (2007-05-16 03:23:00)

JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306

Axon wrote:

Bots =/= Real people.

like i need some kid to tell me bots arnt real people
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
The computer always know where you are, it's not got FEAR AI or anything simliar. If you soot, they will know where you are, and they will keep firing until you die.

But singleplayer really isn't hard... Use the M249 on karkand, go straight to the hotel flag and lie down there. They will come up the steps. THis is very fun when playing with 63 other bots.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Axon wrote:

Bots =/= Real people.

Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6618|Norway
Try playing on the hardest level. My clan did that for practice a couple of times. It`s basically playing against a bunch of people with aimbot.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306

Fredrik wrote:

Try playing on the hardest level. My clan did that for practice a couple of times. It`s basically playing against a bunch of people with aimbot.
haha yea i was, i was tryn to go with out dieing on foot, but they always have someone there and or its a tank.

FFLink13 wrote:

The computer always know where you are, it's not got FEAR AI or anything simliar. If you soot, they will know where you are, and they will keep firing until you die.

But singleplayer really isn't hard... Use the M249 on karkand, go straight to the hotel flag and lie down there. They will come up the steps. THis is very fun when playing with 63 other bots.
yea true, what mod do i need to get to have more bots?
sounds like fun
to bad you cant rank up on single player an get the unlocks
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen

ChevyLee86 wrote:

what mod do i need to get to have more bots?
Start a coop-server, set the "bot-rate" to 100 & set the number of players needed to 1.
Stravromula
+4|6648|France

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

Start a coop-server, set the "bot-rate" to 100 & set the number of players needed to 1.
I did that but my maximum bots were set at 48, I played all kinds of maps especially dragon valley to learn how to fly the apache but over a few rounds you learn how to defeat the ennemy fairly easily.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6560|Reisterstown, MD

Yea.  The bots on SP on expert are unreal.  A few of my squadmates and I played the co-op part of it and they were shooting across the map 1 shotting us a lot.  It was hilarious.  It was like they had super aimbots or something.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
The worst bots are the ones with the S12K. They murder you from 50 meters away. Oh, and they happen to be psychic. The second you start capping a flag, you can expect a shitload of enemies spawning/moving to the base.
weasel_thingo
+74|6296
try and take them in the tank and about 10 000 nades will come flying at you.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen

Stravromula wrote:

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

I did that but my maximum bots were set at 48, I played all kinds of maps especially dragon valley to learn how to fly the apache but over a few rounds you learn how to defeat the ennemy fairly easily.
I actually just got it to 1 vs 31 but that's enough for me...

My worst BF2 experience
Drexel
+43|6446|Philadelphia

SplinterStrike wrote:

The worst bots are the ones with the S12K. They murder you from 50 meters away. Oh, and they happen to be psychic. The second you start capping a flag, you can expect a shitload of enemies spawning/moving to the base.
That's because the bots listen/follow their commander's commands instantly and relentlessly.

If you every are squad leader in Single player or Co-op, then you know what I mean.  The second a flag is capped, or even an infantry is moving toward a flag, the commander tells you to defend here.

I love doing this as well, being commander and sending squads in the middle of nowhere to defend.  They'll sit there for the entire round unless you give them another command.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Hehehe as much as I despise the enemy "commander", I adore the one on my team. Supplies/car/arty/UAV where I want it, when I want it.

I'm still surprised at how freaking GOOD the bots are, even if they are predictable. Headshots with the pistol at sniping distances, rocket trajectory, defense, and so on. I'm very happy humans are much dumber than them.
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Axon wrote:

Bots =/= Real people.

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch

ChevyLee86 wrote:

Not a mod. Try searching for something called "BF2 bot changer" or something like that, it'll allow you to increase the number of bots for vanilla BF2, SF and all installed mods and also allow you to alter bot difficulty in steps of 0.1, where 0.5 is medium.
Proud member of a dead community.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6568|S.C.
Bots on 100 difficulty = hell = omG!!aIMBoT??hAx!!!
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

ChevyLee86 wrote:

Not a mod. Try searching for something called "BF2 bot changer" or something like that, it'll allow you to increase the number of bots for vanilla BF2, SF and all installed mods and also allow you to alter bot difficulty in steps of 0.1, where 0.5 is medium.
thanks

edit: is there also a way to get unlocks?
i found this thing it might help me and anyone else who wants it
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=48047

Last edited by ChevyLee86 (2007-05-16 12:26:49)

wachtler83
+22|6556|Columbus,Ohio
take disk out of tray put it back in
click advanced options
run server
make it how you want simple
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Fredrik wrote:

honestly on the hardest they have stupid good aim....but they are still dumb as hell. as long as your good yourself you should still be able to do just as good if not better then online.

When I was going for my knife badge I used to practice by running around singleplayer on easiest with only a knife. It seems like on easy they sometimes get confused what end he bullet comes out of.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306

wachtler83 wrote:

take disk out of tray put it back in
click advanced options
run server
make it how you want simple
tried this but couldn't get the bots to get on and it was so laggy it wasn't even worth playing
oChaos.Haze
+90|6408

ChevyLee86 wrote:

Ffolkes lets you run all unlocks in singleplayer.
ScarletPimpFromHell
... this one goes to 11.
+12|6358|Sydney, Australia
Download the SP64BF2 mod. There is a program that allows you to increase the number of bots to 63. It also allows you to change the AI setting from 1 - 10. In the basic single player the AI is set to 4, so you can make the bots a LOT smarter.

This is an awesome way to get your Helli/TV missile skills up. Try Kubra Dam on 64 players. Those bots are murder in AA vehicles.
SplinterStrike
Roamer

oChaos.Haze wrote:

ChevyLee86 wrote:

Ffolkes lets you run all unlocks in singleplayer.
The one thing about the FFOLKES UNLOCKS mod is that you get them all at the same time. And you have infinite sprint.

So, if you played the USMC support, the keys would be this:

#1 PKM
#2 HK21
#3 MG36
#4 Grenade
#5 Ammo pack
#6 Knife
#7 Pistol
#8 M249 SAW

Screw reloading, just switch guns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard