Switch to WoW...

Nevermind. That won't work.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland

Jameseyy wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

How old are you guys? If you have problems makin mates, try goin to bars, clubs etc. You meet tons of people there.
I totally pass for a 21 year old.

And at least for me, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's nigh impossible for me to make friends. Look up "social anxiety" some time, I think I have a mild case of it. I'm no MD in psychiatry but I wouldn't be surprised if I had it, since I basically fit what would be a mild case of SA.
I thought that too till I went out and made friends and realised it was all in my head and I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Unless you're fat or horrible at making conversation, making friends is easy, if you have to, just find a WOW nerd and mention epic mounts to em and they'll never stfu.
ROFL i did that today, these 2 tards at work talking about wow, so i whispered flying mount, and they were like WHAAAAAT
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Jameseyy wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

How old are you guys? If you have problems makin mates, try goin to bars, clubs etc. You meet tons of people there.
I totally pass for a 21 year old.

And at least for me, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's nigh impossible for me to make friends. Look up "social anxiety" some time, I think I have a mild case of it. I'm no MD in psychiatry but I wouldn't be surprised if I had it, since I basically fit what would be a mild case of SA.
I thought that too till I went out and made friends and realised it was all in my head and I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Unless you're fat or horrible at making conversation, making friends is easy, if you have to, just find a WOW nerd and mention epic mounts to em and they'll never stfu.
Hah... dont think there are any WoW nerds =p
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6335
Don't have problem making friends
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I play the game a lot but i'm not that bad.

However i'm not great at making friends.
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6205|Texas
blow up your computer...or crack your 1st cd...that'll help

i have finals coming up...i disconnected my gaming comp...and i have this crap 128mb ram comp to do my studying with #___#

try to get some self control...i know how u feel...thank god i got addicted over winter break...after semester exams
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I'm bad because I have an image of the CD on my computer so I don't need the CD to play (and no I'm not gonna delete the image ).

As far as making friends go, I'm good at making them, I'm a nice enough person. But I'm also pretty shy sometimes, so keeping new friends or hanging out with new ones I made isn't in my interests, I enjoy hanging out with a small group of good friends. And here at school I don't have many good friends, and they're usually busy with other school crap cuz they're not lazy like me.

Oh well, at least I'm halfway done with my homework (hmm only took 3 hours! I'm on a roll! ...and that's without any distractions... fuck engineering homework, takes too long)
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn
The best way to become less addicted to this game is to visit servers where the pre-pubescent admins are retards, you get killed in one shot by hackers (who claim to know nothing about how they took down a full squad in less than 10 seconds with an SVD) and teamkillers who just don't care about spoiling your gaming experience.

Trust me, with all this crap going on you'll realise there's more to Life than BF2.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

you'll realise there's more to Life than BF2.
Says the person with 900+ hours on BF2
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6167|Cali
Here's the point that everyone is not making.
***BALANCE***
too much work? NO GOOD
too much school? NO GOOD
too much friends? NO GOOD
too much whatever is no good. It is realistic to have an equal balance to all the facets of your life.
I have gone through the phase (and thats what it is) where you can't stop thinking about it or have to play it all the time, but like the ghoneria, it passes.
What you begin to realize is that after so many hours in a day of playing the game, your in game skills seem to plateau and start to drop. You're not focused anymore and ultimately the game isn't fun anymore.
What i try to do is this...
DURING THE WEEK:
*After work (around 5pm So Cal time) the sun is out and its gorgeous out. I come home and play with my nephew or work out. i try to see the daylight for at least 2-3 hours.
*Next, around 7pmish i play BF2 for about 2 hours (TOPS). I get bored with the game. You can only PWN or get PWNED on the same friggin maps for so long with people not following rules or noobs Flying the Jets directly into the water.
*Lastly, i spend time with my girl for about an hour on the phone before bed.
WEEKENDS:
Rarely play more than an hour on the weekends. I play in 2 adult baseball leagues and have to manage time between those and all the family things that my girlfriend PLANS FOR ME (without my knowledge)
I used to be addicted (im talking 12 hrs a day BEFORE I HAD MY PC built and HAD TO PAY $2.50 PER HOUR AT NET FRAGZ in Rancho Cucamonga, CA addicted) and guess what.... IT GOT OLD.
Don't worry so much about it. It passes.
Hey, BF2 is free to play(minus internet bill).
You could be blowing your money on something destructive like booze, women, or drugs... granted, they have there upsides too.
As long as you are honest with yourself and your friends and family about who you are.
Have fun and enjoy your time doing whatever it is you do, but always remember the BALANCE.

*** A wise man once said, "Don't take life too seriously, or you might not make it out alive"... write that down son.***
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA
This game is addicting, there is no doubt about that!!

However, bars/clubs, ballgames etc. are a good way to get out of the house.  Playing bf2 for hours on end isnt good for your body or your eyes!! Its good to take a few days off or a week. . . .that way you give yourself a nice pat on the back!!
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6517|the best galaxy
I've had BF2 on my mind too. I could spend all day at work thinking about it. It's like coffee or cigarettes - gets in Your brain. Don't worrie - it'll go away. It's a damn well made game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Just remember that doing good in school will bring much more rewards than playing a game. That being said, if you are extremely bored of your homework, do play, but ensure that the work gets done with a proper job.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Yeah I realize this phase will soon pass. The same thing has happened before, but not to this magnitude. Fortunately in a short few weeks I'll be going home for the weekend and that will set my mind straight for the final push of the last few weeks of school in June.
auzziekid42
+3|6198
yea, i am mildly as well. it is only a game, but a fun game, my mom got mad @ me cause i was playing it when i was supposed to be getting ready for baseball. :$

she accused me of being addicted
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

mtb0minime wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

you'll realise there's more to Life than BF2.
Says the person with 900+ hours on BF2
900+ hours is nothing compared to most people here. Besides, I've played the game for over a year so anybody's bound to have accumulated quite a bit of time on the game. Anyhow, if you look at my Time spent on the game recently in the History section you'll see that I've barely been playing the game for the past couple of months.

That's cos it dawned on me that there are better and more important things to do than sitting in front of a PC and playing BF2 for several hours every day. It's far better to get out in the real world and actually do things to progress in Life than staying indoors and trying to prove yourself to online adversaries. Most people will say that they play the game to have fun. But wot is "fun"? Beating others (or at least trying to) and showing that you're better than them isn't it?
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440

im_in_heaven wrote:

if your still doing homework then your not that addicted.
HAHAHAHAH oh man, that was me my senior year in high school, i totally stopped doing homework completely.  but i did get all the right scores on my AP tests so it didnt even matter.  but youwll meet tons of people at college, just talk to them.
aLi3nZ
+138|6477|New Zealand

mtb0minime wrote:

I was just a casual gamer and I'd play this game off and on. But these past few weeks I've been extremely addicted. When I'm not in class, eating dinner or lunch, or working, I'm playing this game. I can't stop thinking about it. In fact I desperately want to play right now, but I have homework due tomorrow that'll take me a while. I know that once I finish my homework I can play... but here I am browsing the forum and checking my stats, dying to play. Yesterday I had a midterm (20% of my grade) for one of my classes and I didn't know crap about it and I spent the majority of the weekend playing BF2 and didn't wind up studying until Sunday afternoon. Plus I've become a bit of a hermit now. My weekends consist of half-assedly doing homework as quickly as possible, maybe watching a movie, but 90% of the time is spent playing BF2. As soon as I'm done with class on Friday I get up to my dorm room and start playing, maybe take a break for dinner later on, then get back on and play some more til way late at night. Then Saturday it's wake up around noon or 1pm, eat breakfast, then play BF2 all day. Same thing for Sunday except not as much since I have racked in the homework.

Typing this out has finally made me realize how addicted I am. Plus I feel like such a loser. I can't believe this. I've never played shitty WoW, but I imagine this is how they feel. Maybe I'm just burnt out from school and I can't wait for the summer, I bet that has a small impact.

I really need to quit this...
lol, good times. I remember when i was that addicted to Counter Strike.

errr, but I think I bet my record as far as time played in a single weekend last week.

https://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4623/ijustclockedtheinternetbl7.jpg
Jello.01
+46|6578|DFW, Texas

Freke1 wrote:

It's a damn well made game.
I think some would say they disagree with that.
JaggedPanther
+61|6444
Get married while you can

There are probably plenty of gamers like you in your situation in your town, hook up and go to a sports bars or night clubs and you'll be surprised how many of the ladies are into computers lately.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6292|Orrstrayleea
Yeh, same ive gone from an A, B+...B at the worst to C's, but who cares work is easy enough to find here after you finish school
lt603668
+6|6331|northern cali

White-Fusion wrote:

Yeah im the same, trust me, i am the EXACT same as you... but listen to me RIGHT now, its a computer game, school IS more important... i made the annoying mistake of relasing this later on, you still have a chance, trust me... its not worth it.
i play after school everyday, homework is not a option.
thats why i got all F's

they should have a Bf2-rehab
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6510|The Lost Highway
Some advice...

Put your school work before everything else. I didn't slack off in school due to FPS' because I didn't play them then.

But I did fuck around and get stoned a lot, instead of going to class.

You'll regret messing your education up, I know I do.
Commando
+8|6571

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Yeh, same ive gone from an A, B+...B at the worst to C's, but who cares work is easy enough to find here after you finish school
Yeh I hear Ronald and Colonel Sanders are constantly recruiting
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6167|Cali
the cure for any addiction is not bars or night clubs or girls. They are like rocking chairs. Its fun to do but doesn't get you anywhere.
Realizing that you're addicted is the key.
Enjoy it. It's a game, thats all.
If it is not hurting your social life, or school, or work or most importantly your family, lock and load.
When it affects those things worry about it.
It could be worse, you could be in Africa with a stick through your nose shooting a blow dart into someones neck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard