Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6347
It seems to happen to me often. I get some damage and go back to my airstrip to repair and it will never repair, but always reloads ammo. Ive tried landing, flying really slow and nothing. Does this ever happen to anyone else or any way to correct it? It's kinda been killing my stats.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6703|Disaster Free Zone
It is no bug.
Airstrips don't repair you. The hangers don't repair you.
There is an an aircraft repair building you need to fly over. It looks like the UAV.
They are usually beside the airstrips but it is very possible to fly over and get rearmed but not close enough to the buildings to get repaired.
The slower and closer you fly to these buildings the more you repair. A bomber can be fully repaired from 3 bars to full health in 1 good pass. A fighter will probably take 2 as they fly faster.

Unless its on the carrier then you only get repaired at the end where everyone spawns.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-05-14 23:31:03)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6420|6 feet under
Yeah, it happend to me on Dragon Valley once. Also what map/s were you on when this happened?
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6554|Columbus, OH
i think you have to fly over the hanger itself to get repairs.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6468|Chicago, IL
only a certain point on the runway actually repairs your plane (usually the bunker), but the whole runway rearms.  If you dont have time, just bail over the runway and let the jet respawn.
fatmarik
+23|6603|Anywhere i am needed
nope never happened to me, i am always engineer so i fix my own jet
dirtracer74
+10|6312

DrunkFace wrote:

It is no bug.
Airstrips don't repair you.
There is an an aircraft repair building you need to fly over. It looks like the UAV.
They are usually beside the airstrips but it is very possible to fly over and get rearmed but not close enough to the buildings to get repaired.

Unless its on the carrier then you only get repaired at the end where everyone spawns.
This guy nailed it +1. there is a trailer that looks like the UAV trailer on the runway. That is where the repairs happen. Not the hangers, but that trailer. Just like he said, The carrier does not have this trailler, so it will repair at the open end where the boats spawn.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6578|Brisbane, Aus

to repair an almost dead plane you've gotta fly slowly over the hanger area on an airfield about 10-12 times
Smithereener
+138|6337|California
The airstrip does nothing but rearm. To reapir, you need to fly near the UAV like building on the airstrip. For example, on Dragon Valley, fly on the airstrip closest to the factory and chances are that you won't get repaired. Fly in the middle or on the far airstrip and get repaired.

https://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8756/airstriplb9.png
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6366|Cali

Smithereener wrote:

The airstrip does nothing but rearm. To reapir, you need to fly near the UAV like building on the airstrip. For example, on Dragon Valley, fly on the airstrip closest to the factory and chances are that you won't get repaired. Fly in the middle or on the far airstrip and get repaired.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8756/airstriplb9.png
Exactly.
j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6669|Behind that RPK-74
I'd like to go Fishing off Wake Island. It looks like a nice place
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6461|Brisbane, Australia

j4mi3-k1ll3r wrote:

I'd like to go Fishing off Wake Island. It looks like a nice place
you can find it on google earth

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1117 … 753cr0.jpg

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-05-16 00:54:25)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6808|Bulgaria

S.Lythberg wrote:

If you dont have time, just bail over the runway and let the jet respawn.
This is not an option if there are 5 teammates there ready to TK you for teh jet!!! lol I hate that.

Last edited by Nikola Bathory (2007-05-16 01:30:22)

E1_ned
+8|6516|netherlands
it's a glitch that the planes repair that fast!!!!
try standing next to a ammo-crate for some health... that takes forever
while a plane just flies over an airfield and it is repaired and fully armed again.
IMO they should land it to repair and re-arm making it a bit more balanced. it's nearly impossible to shoot a plane out of the air this way...
perfect weapon for the whores!!!
bitch all you want but you know its true!!!
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6741|Scotland

Smithereener wrote:

That's a distance bug yeah? Coz I can just see the fin of the J10
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6716|Howell, Mi USA
Actually theres a whole thread about this already, that might help u out.

Air Repair Station Thread

Fly slow and close to that u'll be fixed right up

Last edited by Cbass (2007-05-16 01:50:18)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6522|Valley of the Dragons

fatmarik wrote:

nope never happened to me, i am always engineer so i fix my own jet
I can already see you hanging out of your cockpit with your wrench at Mach 1
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6347
Well that explains a lot. Bummer that it took 50+ hours in aircraft to find that out.
Thanx, I'll try that from now on.
CrazeD
+368|6694|Maine

E1_ned wrote:

while a plane just flies over an airfield and it is repaired and fully armed again.
IMO they should land it to repair and re-arm making it a bit more balanced. it's nearly impossible to shoot a plane out of the air this way...
Sounds like somebody got owned too much.
AlienWrath2121
+7|6334|Behind you with a large rifle

dirtracer74 wrote:

This guy nailed it +1. there is a trailer that looks like the UAV trailer on the runway. That is where the repairs happen. Not the hangers, but that trailer. Just like he said, The carrier does not have this trailler, so it will repair at the open end where the boats spawn.
If I'm not confused I believe that the wake carrier has this trailer on it, down near the AA and UAV trailer, kinda wedged.
Hama-Raptor-UK
+58|6444|West Midlands
well

ive never had to fly past that building to get repaired

this may seem like a stupid question but... did your team have the flag for the airfield lol neva no

just make sure u fly from the start of the air strip to the end an use the brakes... also depends wot map dalian planet is a bitch to re-arm fully a J-10
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6587|England

Hama-Raptor-UK wrote:

well

ive never had to fly past that building to get repaired

this may seem like a stupid question but... did your team have the flag for the airfield lol neva no

just make sure u fly from the start of the air strip to the end an use the brakes... also depends wot map dalian planet is a bitch to re-arm fully a J-10
If you think that that's hard, try repairing the MIG on the MEC's airstrip on Taraba Quarry. Nigh on impossible. But this "new info" will hopefully help me get over this problem
E1_ned
+8|6516|netherlands

CrazeD wrote:

E1_ned wrote:

Sounds like somebody got owned too much.
tell me, what is the fun in:

flying in circles re-arming repairing bombing spawn points.... to get the easy kills
standing on the carrier waiting for a plane... with the other whores. while the fight is on shore.
that's what i like to know.
maybe i am playing this game the wrong way and i should wait on the carrier fight for a plane with my teammates.

i almost never see someone that owns in the air as good as on the ground. the plane whores usually end up at the bottom of the list on ( lets say) jalalabad.
now that's sad... but everybody has a something they are good at...just sad to see all the one-trick-ponies are playing bf2 in planes.

PS.
spare me the lame remarks... i truly want to know
Smithereener
+138|6337|California

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

That's a distance bug yeah? Coz I can just see the fin of the J10
Haha, I dunno, I just googled this image. Was looking for a pic of the airstrip on any map so I could point out the building.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard