_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
When I was hanging between the couch and the counter and suddenly flipped forward and got a minor concussion from slamming my head into the fake marble floor.

A similar thing happened when I was 7, my brother was twirling a driver golf club with his hand and I ran into it as he was flipping it.  It went straight into the top of my head, surprisingly nothing was broken but I was bleeding quite a bit from the top of my head.  Didn't even involve a hospital visit.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-05-14 19:37:21)

siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
car accident....car flipped and rolled three times each....
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

When I was 17 I built a jacob's ladder using a transformer, a block and some welding rods. The rods were too far apart so there was no arch. Think it was off, I grabs both to reshape them, I ended up with burns on on hand and got thrown.

https://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5355/hrrb08ye4.jpg

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-14 19:40:18)

Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Me?  No.  I've had a few really really close calls in cars, say crashing into a curb at 70 mph with my friend driving, and missing a poll by about a foot.

But my friend's sister has medically died 3 times, and has been revived each time.  I feel real sorry for her.  3 times?  Dead, then alive.

Nuts.
wonder what you see during the time your "dead"
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6598

Monkeyman911 wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Me?  No.  I've had a few really really close calls in cars, say crashing into a curb at 70 mph with my friend driving, and missing a poll by about a foot.

But my friend's sister has medically died 3 times, and has been revived each time.  I feel real sorry for her.  3 times?  Dead, then alive.

Nuts.
wonder what you see during the time your "dead"
Don't remember posting that.

Blimey, that was a long time ago.  Ha, I said blimey.

Still haven't almost died .
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6708

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Nuts.
That is impossible, because being medically dead means that the brain itself is dead, and therefore is impossible to bring back to life.  You can be brought back after your heart stops beating if your brain is still alive, which  is not called medically dead.
gCASEy200
Banned
+40|6280|L-town MA
tried a 120 foot transfer on my skis, shattered both femurs, both pelvises both ankles, collapsed both lungs and my whole rib cage, stage 3 head trauma, internal bleeding. After i woke up 3 days later, was told i wasn't going to make it.
After over 9 months of laying in a bed. Im here today.
Lost my mother of breast cancer 5/12/07 RIP
My life hasn't been the same without you...

Last edited by gCASEy200 (2007-05-14 19:55:43)

MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6598

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Nuts.
That is impossible, because being medically dead means that the brain itself is dead, and therefore is impossible to bring back to life.  You can be brought back after your heart stops beating if your brain is still alive, which  is not called medically dead.
Frogive me, teacher.  I had not taken my Bioethics course when it was October.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
When I ate my ex-girlfriend's blood clot, while drunk, when she was on her period!! OMG!!!

I almost died. . . .brings a new meaning to "getting your red wings"

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-05-14 20:11:02)

evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6414|da ville, va
Aight so this one time (last summer), I was in the boundary waters. On one of the portages there is a cool waterfall. It was really hot so we decided to climb it. When I get up about ten feet, I slip and fall back to the shallow rocky water. Luckily someone's shoe was covering a rather pointy rock.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Well, I had a case of e.coli and a urinary tract when I was 3 days old...I was in the hospital for about 2 months and needed a spinal tap.

Then, I almost drowned when I was about 4.

I hit my head on concrete going about 35 MPH, and almost broke my neck.

And then I was almost sucked in by the riptide at Smith's Point (famous long island beach) when I was about 9.

Yeah.
fatmarik
+23|6583|Anywhere i am needed

BigmacK wrote:

When I was 2, jumping up and down on a rocking chair. I flew across the room, and nailed my head on the corner of our brick fire place.

Took off about 2 inches of brick, 1 1/2 inches ended up inside my head.

Plastic Surgery FTW!
maybe that explains why *you are* wearing the helmet in ur sig. lol
Killya
+4|6293
Almost drown @ 6 ... learned to be a very good swimmer after that.  Got side swiped in my little Integra by a road raging unlicensed al queda looking guy and did a 900 @ 75+ mph  (yes that left me going 75 in reverse) .  Got a big truck after that one.  Came out without a scratch on both but planning on not repeating either experience.
SGT.Mays
+2|6744|Ohio
quite a few........ most memerable one was when i was 15ish
Normal day, Normal life, walking with a few buddies of mine mostly older kids. Walking on a sidewalk of a busy street, late night, someone hears a car slowing down behind us, he stopped and said "Shit!" then came a nice ting as a 9mm embedded itself in a light post. Dropped to the ground, followed by 29 more bullets. And the squel of tires. I still member looking around dumbfounded then, i heard it, the most god awful sound ive ever heard, blood soaked cough of Ricky. He took one in the left lung and another in the right shoulder. The second shot shattered the ball in his shoulder and tore it clean out of socket, the first perferated his lung in 4 places and a chunk of his rib tore his diaphram. I just stood there for what seemed like forever, i mean he was laying there screaming but it wasnt screams, just blood... finally left when a few of the other kids drug me away. Never forget that time, car crashes, bar fights, stabbings, medical problems, everything else just pales in comparision.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6233
The closest I've ever come was when driving back from school one time.  It's about a five hour drive if you go the speed limit, but I can cut it down a little if I ignore it completely.  It's one lane each way and when it came time to pass what I thought was one 18-wheeler, I gunned it without a second thought.  As I got around the big truck I noticed there were three more cars right in front of it, but I didn't see anyone in the oncoming lane so I thought I was okay.  But then a huge construction dump-truck appeared in my path and I knew my little sedan would need to get over quickly.  I don't have a lot high range torque so I wasn't going past the cars as quickly as I wanted to and before I realized it, the truck coming at me was about half a mile away (which is pretty close when one is going 70 mph on way and the other is going 90 mph the opposite direction).  Luckily, the truck went onto the shoulder and I squeezed my car in between two of the cars I was trying to pass.  There was literally about 1.5 seconds between when I got back over into the correct lane and when the truck flew by.  Needless to say, I did not pass again for the duration of the trip.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
Yesterday I was with the wife and kids on the freeway. A car in front on me was entering the offramp when suddenly a car appeared on the offramp, going the wrong direction!

He hit the car in front of me head on and they careened into the wall.
If he hadn't been there it would have been me, the wifey and our two small children.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6332|teh alien spaceshit
When I was 7, I nearly drowned in 3ft of water, and when I was 9, I was almost hit by a car, and when I was 12, I was shot by a bb. It was close to my heart, but luckily, it ddn't hit anything big.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

When I was two I stepped through a pool cover and almost drowned, when I was five and learning to swim I was too keen and instead of waiting for my Dad I tried swimming solo and had to be pulled out by a lifeguard. I was hit by a car and most recently I came close to expiring due to a fuel pipe explosion, (2004.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Smithereener
+138|6317|California
Well, I was driving down a street at 40mph (give or take 2-3mph) when I spotted this car about to make a left onto the other side of the street. Seeing me, she stops and waits. Or so I thought. I keep going and right as I get to the place where the car is, she comes out and begins the unprotected left. I had to brake like mad to avoid crashing into to her. Fuck, it was damn close to a major accident. The headlights from my car didn't illuminate much of the road but a small portion of her car, so you could tell I was only a few inches off of her car. Scared me shitless. I look up and she's on her phone and I just cursed under my breath and went along.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Nuts.
wrong. medically dead= no heartbeat.
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6222|Bloomington, Indiana
I almost drown when I was nearly 8.

I flipped a car into a tree but didnt think I was gonna die.
2 weeks after I flipped my car a lady ran a red light and hit me while I was sitting shotgun in my girls eclipse... she missed my door by about 6 inches
3 weeks after that was riding shotgun with someone who didnt know this road we were on and the road all of a sudden split ( it was dark) and she went straight down the middle luckly we were stopped by a lot of brush or we would have went straight into a ravine.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
Lol, i used to be a thrill seeker before I was a gamer. I used to do some crazy stuff, and could have died if I fucked it up. Exact things I can't remember really, and after I took off virtually all the skin off my left leg, arm and sprained a wrist in a high speed scooter crash I decided to take up a different hobby. So I played runescape, gave up and tried a new trick consisting of making a small jump, placing it on a really really high object and jumping off it to land on 3 mattresses. Broke both my wrists and later took up BF2
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6338
when i was little i drank alot of cleaners like bleach and some blue stuff, then parents noticed and took me to the hos, were they pumped my stomach for a while. almost struck by lightning several times, each time the hair on my body stood up so i ran and the lightning hit a few feet from where i was standing. a few car recks, falling when i was little and cracking open my head, got kid naped by two black guys when i was fishing once as a kid, they had knifes it was in the middle of the day with lots of ppl around and i screamed for help but no one decided to help me. last one would be a few weeks ago i wasnt thinking at all, i had a can of air for cleaning key boards with and iwas shooting it at things. then i decided to shoot it at the burning candle it blew the candle out but then it flamed and almost shot back into the can causing it to explode, it had a straw on it that i pulled out when i saw it getting sucked back in.  o and almost getting bit from poisons snakes, cotton mouths, the water snakes.
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

ChevyLee86 wrote:

got kid naped by two black guys when i was fishing once as a kid, they had knifes it was in the middle of the day with lots of ppl around and i screamed for help but no one decided to help me.
So you're typing this from the basement of two black guys? Kind of them to let you use the internet.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6620|InGerLand
i fell of a large wall and onto some concrete slabs when i was 'ickle (good old budget house building) the scar used to stretch from the right side of my head round to just behind my left ear but i grew older and its faded a bit with time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard