Poll

What do you do when your main gun runs dry in a fight?

Swap to the knife6%6% - 14
Swap to the handgun67%67% - 137
Swap to grenades1%1% - 3
Reload your main gun11%11% - 24
Use a kit's secondary weapon (AT rocket, C4, n00b tube)2%2% - 6
Accidently swap to med pack/ammo bag/wrench8%8% - 18
Total: 202
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6711|The Ville
grenades. Half of the time I die by my own, they suck when the guy is like 5 feet away lols.
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6214|Reno, NV
Oh, sorry, nature was calling when I typed that crap. I meant to explode a satchel of C4 before you die.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6344

In a close battle, and we both run out of ammo with our freakin machine gun...We BOTH suck ass at aiming, so at this point I think it a perfect time to bunny hop like im jacked up on caffine and throw C4 all over the ground around us and detonate it as fast as I can before the other guy hits me with his pistol. This way we both get killed which is fair, because we both freaking sucked ass and should just start over.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
David.P
Banned
+649|6290
Pistol,Then Pyrotechnics(Hand Grenades or Grenade Launcher),Finally Knife.
Cowbell_Kevin
+8|6560
The correct answer is press "G" and pick up the other person's gear (the dead one you just killed) which is already reloaded.  (unless you are in the clear then you can reload your weapon)

I cannot believe that this is not on the voting list.  If you start doing this, you will add TONS of points per round to your game.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6370
drop a grenade at my feet
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6306|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Well, you've got the choices wrong. AT rockets are my main weapon. The submachine gun is my secondary.

But usually I'll start shooting at the guy, and move the mousewheel. This means when I click to fire the killing blow, I whip out my grenades.

Bad times ensue.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6607|Reisterstown, MD

Most likely pistol especially if I put a few rounds in them with my main gun. 
JaggedPanther
+61|6490
I already have knife expert, I'm close to pistol expert so it's pistols. Too bad there is no gernade expert
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6407|fåking denmark
I either pull my pistol or the handgrenades..
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6343|Australia

aLi3nZ wrote:

It depends on the situation.

If there is more then 1 enemy in CQC I will swap to knife and start using the prone-crouch technique while stabbing at the enemy. That way I am more difficult to hit then trying to shoot with pistol.

If the enemy is mid range I will swap to pistol and finish them off then reload.

If there is more then 1 enemy around at mid range and I have little or no cover I might spam nades.

In short, your poll is fucked there is way to many variables it is impossible to answer.
So you either knife, use the pistol, or use nades. How is the poll fucked when it has all those things in it?
Though I probably should have added that "pick up a nearby kit" tactic, I do that sometimes. It can backfire though, as that new kit can be out of ammo itself.

Oh, and I usually swap to pistol. Unless I'm sniper, then I have this weird urge to use the knife for CQC.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6637|Gold coast, Aus.
Depends on range. More then 20m A pistol, if under 20m out comes the knife/paddles.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6299|Pennsyltucky

I use a mouse button to bring up my Pistol if I have to reload during a firefight.

My Center mouse button is PADDLES with two side butons for Pistol & Primary weapon.

That way I keep my primary in my hands until I'm ready to shock someone, then switch back to rifle VERY quickly.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6432|...
null, i look to grab a new kit, if i cant i use pistol
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6664|I smell corners
I pull out my defibrillator
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6852|Arizona
When I don't accidentially switch to my ammo kit...or wrench...I usually switch to pistol. Otherwise both of us are realoading at the same time and he gets his handgun out faster then me.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6726|Sweden
All of them usually the pistol/knife depends on the range.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6573|Brisbane, Aus

I call for artillery
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6479|cuntshitlake

You know these little animals with big ears, who jump around?

I copy what they do.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
mrlonewolf001
+1|6308

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

If you're shooting at someone, and they're shooting back, what do you do if you suddenly run dry?
who calls it a noob tube any more???? just wondering
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6642|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Usually I run out of ammo when taking several guys on at once and have already killed one/some of them.

I pick up one of their kits.  If there are no kits around, I pick up a pistol.

Seriously, you should do the same, if you don't already.  It's usually more effective than a pistol.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6421|Earth

DeathUnlimited wrote:

You know these little animals with big ears, who jump around?

I copy what they do.
Hell yes. Same here. But I can think of many times when I have switched over to an ammo bag thinking I'm a medic and I'll be healing myself while hopping. Instead I just die. I don't run out of ammo often though.
Signature
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I actually run around with knife and swap to main gun when I see that I'm about to be buttsecksed.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2007-05-13 16:49:32)

sgtdude1987
+8|6233|midlands britain
I normally try for the knife, but due to lagg issues i will normally end up facing the wrong way holding a ammo/medic bag!
Or worse: just a nade filling most of the centre view. I love sharing internet.......
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6461|The Land of Scott Walker
Sprint to cover and reload my rifle.  If completely out of ammo, I switch to pistol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard