Poll

What do you think of circumscission?

Total: 0
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
Yesterday i saw a documentary about the pros and cons of circumscission. I used to believe, that there must be some real pro arguments, but their is no medical need to mutilate young childrens penis. all the arguments were like: if we cut it off, you can´t get cancer there....

the foreskin is there to protect and to lubricate. cutting it off, doesn´t make sense! so is it just a religious/common belief that there must be any sense in it, if your father and grandfather got circumscized, so you and your sons should also be mutilated?

what do you think about it?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
It's lame, but am I what I am. I'm not going to do it to my son if I have one.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
I'm circumsized, its not mutiltion, it actually looks better plus it is easier to keep clean so chances of infection is lower. It's not my religion but my son will be cirscumsized. All my girlfriends have always said it looks better so I don't see why you shouldn't.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina
They need to cut this.
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Adams_BJ wrote:

I'm circumsized, its not mutiltion, it actually looks better plus it is easier to keep clean so chances of infection is lower. It's not my religion but my son will be cirscumsized. All my girlfriends have always said it looks better so I don't see why you shouldn't.
Same
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
Makes your dick look bigger, why not?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
If god created us, why would he do such an error that we have to fix? The rest of our body is so perfect (given you don't have any physical disorders)
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha
The 'easier to clean' argument is bullshit. Any retard should be able to clean his penis, circumsized or not. I'm not letting anyone cut off a piece of my penis, and I'm sure as hell not going to do it to my son.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Desolater
+13|6228|Maryland, USA
This poll is completely biased.. dont vote on it..
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de

Adams_BJ wrote:

The chances for infections are only given, if you don´t clean it at all / never pull back your foreskin.

shouldn´t your son have the choice if a part of his body gets cut off, because some say it looks better?

as i said, there are no medical needs to cut it off.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de

Desolater wrote:

This poll is completely biased.. dont vote on it..
cutting off a part of someone elses body without a medical need IS mutilation.

what would you say, if someone would cut off his sons ears, because he thinks, it looks better and his head will be easier to clean?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
It should only be administered for medical reasons. The foreskin is a natural part of a human body. To remove it unnecessarily strikes me as unnatural. Why not carry out 'appendix circumcisions' at birth???

There is a little bit of a double standard at play here. Some religious sects perform female cirumcisions which generally draw gasps of disgust and disdain but apparently it's alright to knife a baby's penis????

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-05-10 06:13:52)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

It is funny how you refer to circumcision (yes, that's the correct spelling) as "mutilation" as if somehow this is the only modification that people make to their bodies.

• Are tattoos also to be considered mutilation
  • Is piercing ears/nipples/bellybuttons, etc mutilation
  • Is having teeth pulled for braces considered mutilation
  • Is cutting hair or fingernails mutilation ... I mean, as the above poster so wisely observed, "If god created us, why would he do such an error that we have to fix?"

This whole "circumcision is mutilation" can be classed as nothing other than an anti-Semite position (and I'm not Jewish), for if you lobby against this then you must also lobby against all the other things I list above ... yet, these opponents do not.

I've witnessed two circumcisions, and it is an incredibly minor "mutilation" ... one kid didn't even seem to notice ... my kids cry WAY MORE when they are getting their hair cut.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.

OrangeHound wrote:

It is funny how you refer to circumcision (yes, that's the correct spelling) as "mutilation" as if somehow this is the only modification that people make to their bodies.

• Is cutting hair or fingernails mutilation ... I mean, as the above poster so wisely observed, "If god created us, why would he do such an error that we have to fix?"

This whole "circumcision is mutilation" can be classed as nothing other than an anti-Semite position (and I'm not Jewish), for if you lobby against this then you must also lobby against all the other things I list above ... yet, these opponents do not.

I've witnessed two circumcisions, and it is an incredibly minor "mutilation" ... one kid didn't even seem to notice ... my kids cry WAY MORE when they are getting their hair cut.
All of the above is something that you actually have something to say about.

AFAIK hair and fingernail's growth acceleration increases when you cut them, so maybe if you never did it in the first place you might not need to do it?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

PBAsydney wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

All of the above is something that you actually have something to say about.

AFAIK hair and fingernail's growth acceleration increases when you cut them, so maybe if you never did it in the first place you might not need to do it?
As I child, I didn't have anything to say about teeth getting pulled or my hair getting cut.  My parents must have mutilated me ... I specifically recall screaming in massive pain because a dentist did not anesthetize me before pulling out one of my teeth.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
all the examples brought from you are modifications, that adult people are doing to themselves. if someone wants to get a tattoo, branding, piercing whatever - then let him have it. and cutting hair is no mutilation, because hair doesn´t bleed and it grows again, after it gets cut....

and if your teeth get pulled out, there is a medical need to it! you don´t pull out your childrens teeth, just because it looks better or it is a tradition...

circumHoweveritmaybespelledcorrectlysorryforbeingnotanativeenglishspeaker is done to children, without letting them have the choice!

btw i am definitely not an antisemite (btw. muslims also have the tradition to mutilate their sons)

Last edited by [pt] KEIOS (2007-05-10 06:28:16)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

OrangeHound wrote:

Are tattoos also to be considered mutilation? - Yes

Is piercing ears/nipples/bellybuttons, etc mutilation? - Yes

Is having teeth pulled for braces considered mutilation? - Technically, yes I suppose it is.

Is cutting hair or fingernails mutilation? - No, it's maintenance. Foreskins don't grow back.

OrangeHound wrote:

lol - Anti-Semitic?

My issues with circumcision have nothing to do with religion, although could be loosely connected. I disagree with circumcision because it is done to a child who has no say in the matter, it is similar to the disapproval I feel for those who indoctrinate their children with religious dogma from an early age.

I don't think anything should be forced upon children until they are old enough to make proper decisions of their own.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-05-10 06:26:36)

topal63
. . .
+533|6719
What do you think of circumscission?" ... Hmm... I don't know...

Ask a girl?

"Taste great!"
"Less filling!"
"Taste great!"
"Less filling!"
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6524|the Netherlands
ugly !!!  ... in fact it is silly ... poor little bastards

yes yes its their culture , traditions ... D'oh !
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6627|Sea to globally-cooled sea
This is a useless poll.  Your options are biased.

Circumcision helps reduce the spread of AIDs and other STDs.

You're just jealous because your parents didn't do it to you and you have an ugly pecker.
Crestfallen
+27|6450|England, Leicester

Bertster7 wrote:

I don't think anything should be forced upon children until they are old enough to make proper decisions of their own.
QFT

I have always found that this is a very difficult argument to be able to decide my opinion on.  I have often found that when I drift more toward the idea that, from a religious stand point it is seen as necessary, there is nothing wrong with it, but then I am also in conflict then with the idea that it should be that person's decision whether or not they would want the procedure carried out.  Medically there have been studies showing that, yes it does lower the risk of infection, but then again, I am sure that this could be remedied with the appropriate level of sexual awareness when it comes to being able to clean yourself.  Not enough is really done I feel in terms of sexual education about this matter, but then again, I do now feel that it ought to be carried out with only that person's permission, and understanding of the matter, rather than it being done without their consent.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de

G3|Genius wrote:

This is a useless poll.  Your options are biased.

Circumcision helps reduce the spread of AIDs and other STDs.

You're just jealous because your parents didn't do it to you and you have an ugly pecker.
and this is a useless post.

condomes reduce the spread of aids. not f*ckin every male/female slut without condomes reduce the spread of aids. sexual education reduces the spread of aids.

and i am very thankful to my parents, that they didn´t let someone pull a knife on my girlfriends best friend
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

LaidBackNinja wrote:

The 'easier to clean' argument is bullshit. Any retard should be able to clean his penis, circumsized or not. I'm not letting anyone cut off a piece of my penis, and I'm sure as hell not going to do it to my son.
Well I know a family with 3 boys, the first two were circumsised - no problems, the third wasn't... he's been to the doctor several times due to infections (poor little fella).

EDIT: And yes, they clean it.

PBAsydney wrote:

Urban myth.

Last edited by cospengle (2007-05-10 06:41:40)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

I've never understood the point of it. Unless there is a medical reason to do so it should not be done.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6844|Waikato, Aotearoa
Painful

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard