Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6443|Australia.
Hmm...

Fist off, I think that those middle-aged femenist groups wouldn't be able to blame us for violent "video game" type murders anymore.

EA would be out of business (rejoice!)

And our e-penis' will shrink to nothing.

Oh, and I'd probably be able to remember things.
Chuckles
+32|6545

S.Lythberg wrote:

two weeks?  I hear bf2 withdrawl is the leading cause of death in noobs age 10-25
fixed

Last edited by Chuckles (2007-05-08 07:11:21)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6728|Uhh... erm...
Yea, I find it weird that people blame video games for violence. When Whack-A-Mole came out, did people start whacking up moles?

On another note, imagine what would happen if Blizzard announced that they're not supporting World of Warcraft anymore. The world would experience a major nerd shortage.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York

Flecco wrote:

Ah shit where do I start...

I would finally succeed in applying myself at school. Probably ace all my classes and actually live up to everybody's expectations of me.

I'd probably get around to learning german.

I'd become much more social.

Fitter...

In general a better person.

Shit, you know what, fuck it. I'm going to try it. Catch you all later, two weeks time I'll report back.

No posts, no visits, no MSN, no Xfire, no WoW, no CSS, no BF2, no CoD2 and no xbox. Holy shit....

HOW MANY SPARE HOURS WILL I HAVE???!?!?!?
Well done flecco, well done.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
siciliano732
+202|6647|New York
i would do alot of what i do now...real life stuff...work, school (last day of classes is today, 3 finals stand between me and graduation), girlfriend (7 years+), family, sports...
Entertayner
+826|6568

I'm going with self implosion.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
I would just keep myself busy with other things.

Possibly take up model building, putting together puzzles, more gym time, more reading, more drawing. Might even start building the model train set I've always wanted to do. I am a bit limited, as I don't have a basement to set the table in to keep it away from my cat that would ruin it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

...and moved on with our lives? 

I think I'd just get another job or maybe take up a new hobby...Such as a girlfriend or maybe salsa dancing!!

But I'd really like to take some courses in vehicle repair, engine repair also body work (Fix up my ol' Bimmer and tune up my '76 Honda 550 Super Sport)

So really, what would we do other then this? (Joke away, or be serious...)
Been there done that. I just hand around sometimes and do some work on the computer...

Okay, a lot of work on the computer. But I stopped games a while ago, and I feel great.
Once you take a game seriously, it is time for you to stop. Although I never started taking a game too seriously, I knew that it was going to happen one day. Anyway, using Adobe and Fireworks to create stuff is much nicer.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I think I'd just get another job or maybe take up a new hobby...Such as a girlfriend or maybe salsa dancing!!

But I'd really like to take some courses in vehicle repair, engine repair also body work (Fix up my ol' Bimmer and tune up my '76 Honda 550 Super Sport)

I have a girlfriend, i have hobbies, i also enjoy playing games. Its all about balance.
Simon
basically
+838|6656|UK
Spontaneous combustion most likely.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas
If we all stopped playing, some high ranking people over at EA would be jumping out of windows.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Cougar wrote:

If we all stopped playing, some high ranking people over at EA would be jumping out of windows.
Well, I know I just quit.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6774|Kansas, USA
You know what really makes you stop and think about the time you play BF2? Figuring out how much of your time is spent staring at a respawn screen. For example, the OP, Im_Dooomed, has spent a minimum of 65 hours just staring at a screen waiting for it to count down from 15 to 0. I have spent an ungodly 151 hours doing the same thing! And that doesn't take into account the times you waited to spawn before being revived.

Want to know how much of your life you have wasted waiting to spawn? Just take your total number of death and divide by 240.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
two weeks off the game?

I could do that...
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6747|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

I have 5 girlfriends at the same time and still pay bf2
You must be talking about Harry Palmer's 5 daughters... the Palmer sisters.
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Fix up my ol' Bimmer
Black out Bimmer with alloy rims? firing an AK47 out the window and tings?
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

on a serious note, are you saying you dont have a girlfriend cos u play computer games instead?

on another note, I've given up so many times, then I have little bursts of playing again
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6677|Broadlands, VA
Can I do the opposite?  Can I give up life for two weeks and just play?
DooM
+28|6305
I don't have a problem like that. I play one game at a time rather than several one after another etc, BF2 is the only game I play atm. I don't watch TV (an hour a week at the most) I go to the cinema with friends now and then. And I work and study at uni. Still keep a social life and keep fit cardio fitness and body building. No gf atm, did like 7 weeks ago, counting the days rofl.  but im working on that .

Last edited by DooM (2007-05-08 08:39:03)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6636|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Well I cant stop playing bf2, because teamkilling in real life have more serious consequence....

Last edited by Andoura (2007-05-08 08:39:30)

okashii
+34|6526|I'm form Poland and I hate it
1. what's a girlfriend ?

2. there will always be another game

3. I haven't played any game for a week now and guess what I did ? - I spent all that time on bf2s forum and internet

I'm anti social, I'm a gamer and I don't give a f*ck about girlfriends anymore - so why change ?

<note: I'm 21 and I stopped playing BF2 after 350H, I don't have a job but I'm studying psychology>

Last edited by okashii (2007-05-08 08:53:53)

okashii
+34|6526|I'm form Poland and I hate it

siciliano732 wrote:

i would do alot of what i do now...real life stuff...(...)girlfriend (7 years+)(...)...
dude that like pedophilia...

...high-five
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
Just a friendly bit of advice to the married guys.  Video games can suck the life out of your marriage if you let them.  I didn't play a LOT, but I was playing enough that is was taking time away from my wife.   When I backed off on how much I play video games and spent the time with my wife instead, it worked wonders for the marriage.  I didn't have to give up games, either.  I still play on the weekend and she doesn't care because I've spent time with her during the week.   

I also picked up golf since I game less.  Awesome sport and it you get exercise, too!
Skorpy-chan
+127|6343|Twyford, UK
I, uh, did stop. I'm trying to get back into it, but it's hard to fit between social events and having a job.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

Ok here goes my replies to you guys:

Mastodon34 wrote:

Must be doing something right because we are expecting a baby girl in August so It's not hurting my relationship too much but that's not to say Bf2 hasn't come into the bedroom with us as a couple times(true story) we were fooling around when out of nowhere I yelled "Running dry, need ammo!" and another time she was being kind of rough with me and I kept yelling "I need a medic!"
We both laughed our asses off.
Thats perfect. A girl friend like that? Only in my dreams...Only in my dreams...

Flecco wrote:

Shit, you know what, fuck it. I'm going to try it. Catch you all later, two weeks time I'll report back.
Yes! We got our first lab rat!! Lets hope the experiment is a success! I'll be checking your stat page like a schizophrenic professor with a twitch in his neck.

Entertayner wrote:

I'm going with self implosion.
^Phfff, your taking the easy way out

heggs wrote:

Might even start building the model train set I've always wanted to do. I am a bit limited, as I don't have a basement to set the table in to keep it away from my cat that would ruin it.
Just don't use ground up Cat Nip as train track gravel and you should be fine.

Cougar wrote:

I stopped to think....Would that really be a bad thing?? Naaaah.

bennisboy wrote:

on a serious note, are you saying you dont have a girlfriend cos u play computer games instead?
lol...Uh, I refuse to acknowledge this question for the safety of my rebutation

Psycho wrote:

You know what really makes you stop and think about the time you play BF2? Figuring out how much of your time is spent staring at a respawn screen. For example, the OP, Im_Dooomed, has spent a minimum of 65 hours just staring at a screen waiting for it to count down from 15 to 0.
I disagree, because that 15 seconds gives me time to have sex with my girlfriend. (Jk) Seriously, 15 seconds gives me time to run off to the kitchen and grab another beer. Hell, I should join the DrunkenMasters Clan

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Can I do the opposite?  Can I give up life for two weeks and just play?
Hey, wouldn't life be even more perfect if there WAS no "Sun" and you didn't have to worry about that "Glare" from the outer realm messing up with your aimming and seeing abilities in the "Virtual Battlefield"?

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-05-08 12:01:43)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard