officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6247|Switzerland

Stun_Gun wrote:

officer_matt wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Yeah, its kinda lame.  but it's not so much as a punishment.  Just a requirement ya know? Getting 44 kills for SF expert badges..... but then you ahve to have 100 hours too.   It's just a sign of commitment.
If u look at my stats u will see that i have all expert badges except armour, transport and aviator.

U just need like 1250h at least to get 2 star^^ That means all 2 Star Generals have a lower SPM than me 1 Star pwns 2 Star
nope i beat you!
But ur 1 Star too

Another question: Do I get promoted once I reach the timelimit for 2 Star or do i have to wait for 200k and 3 star?
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6764

You get promoted. I did the 1star thing then got promoted once I got the hours to two star. I'm now waiting on time again for 3 star. Basically you loose nothing by having a high SPM, and you don't rank up from colonel straight to 3 star which means you get to experience each rank.

However, playing bf2 purely for hours does get boring because its a lot of fucking hours for each general rank. On the flip side, badges, kit time, whatever doesn't matter anymore, the game is basically over so feel free to fuck around with stuff you don't usually play. I am working on spec, assault and sniper now.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6805|Bulgaria

officer_matt wrote:

Discuss.
well, I wanna be a General too!! one day. Not too far away, btw
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

officer_matt wrote:

I got my promotion today, but i was a little disappointed because i got only 1 Star General not 2 Star. I have all the badges required, but not enough playtime. So i guess one gets punished for a decent SPM^^

Discuss.
You're missing the Purple Heart. Get that award and you'll rank up
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6321|The | Netherlands
1 star looks better then 2
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine
generals suck , exept for 4-star one
officer_matt
+23|6247|Switzerland

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

You get promoted. I did the 1star thing then got promoted once I got the hours to two star. I'm now waiting on time again for 3 star. Basically you loose nothing by having a high SPM, and you don't rank up from colonel straight to 3 star which means you get to experience each rank.

However, playing bf2 purely for hours does get boring because its a lot of fucking hours for each general rank. On the flip side, badges, kit time, whatever doesn't matter anymore, the game is basically over so feel free to fuck around with stuff you don't usually play. I am working on spec, assault and sniper now.
Oh cool, so I'm not stuck with 1 Star, that's great

But until I hit the time limit for 2 Star I will have the points for 3 Star^^
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6546|Belgium

yeah you'll get promoted, don't worry.

And you are right

2 star needs a SPM of 2.4 to get it exactly with your points
3 star needs a SPM of 2.3148

324 more hours, go some commander ^^
ZamoII
+11|6237

officer_matt wrote:

iTrown|speshul|patton wrote:

get a life u spend way to much time on this game and your not as good as u think u r
I pwn u though
see, you use geek language. you could easily say, im better than you. but no, you have to be a childish geek and say i pwn u. get a life, anyone whos a general has wayyy to much time on their hands. theres a world outside your front door you know?
officer_matt
+23|6247|Switzerland

ZamoII wrote:

officer_matt wrote:

iTrown|speshul|patton wrote:

get a life u spend way to much time on this game and your not as good as u think u r
I pwn u though
see, you use geek language. you could easily say, im better than you. but no, you have to be a childish geek and say i pwn u. get a life, anyone whos a general has wayyy to much time on their hands. theres a world outside your front door you know?
Get out of my thread!
=ESU=COEMAN
+3|6542
Good luck to you on getting your second star and third! The hard part is getting the fourth!
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6472|USA

keyoshi wrote:

Haha @ mafia, 1360 hrs @ 205k? I have 190k @ just a little over 1080.

@ Matt, I know how you feel. I have 189k before I even had the time requirement for Brig General. I'll have 220k + by the time I'll be hmm whats 2 star? Major General? My SPM is closing on 3 quick, it's 2.9atm. TCS is doing me well
Why is that funny, you play karkand and medic whore, I play kubra and chopper whore. I fly choppers. I don't get that many points. Fuck off jackass.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6666|I smell corners

elite.mafia wrote:

If you're spm is high you stay a low general rank for a while reguardless of points... My spm is decent so I'm stuck at being a 2 star general until I get the hours. It sucks :*(
officer_matt
+23|6247|Switzerland

=ESU=COEMAN wrote:

Good luck to you on getting your second star and third! The hard part is getting the fourth!
You have to be in the top 50, right?
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

officer_matt wrote:

=ESU=COEMAN wrote:

You have to be in the top 50, right?
Uhm if I am correct you need to have the most points of all 3 star generals at the end of the month or so...
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6546|Belgium

being in the top 50 at the end of the month. (which is 446,367 points at the moment)

Last edited by De_Jappe (2007-05-08 06:35:13)

maxxximilian
+3|6223|Estonia

3lmo wrote:

Uhm if I am correct you need to have the most points of all 3 star generals at the end of the month or so...
Actually it's not true - example this player has got 2500 points from Feb to May and is still general:

http://bf2s.com/player/45249878/history/Score/

And he is only on 267th place.

Another sample, 5000 points from Feb to May: http://bf2s.com/player/45249878/history/Score/

Again, only 5000 points from Feb to May: http://bf2s.com/player/14649497/history/Score/
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

maxxximilian wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Actually it's not true - example this player has got 2500 points from Feb to May and is still general:

http://bf2s.com/player/45249878/history/Score/

And he is only on 267th place.

Another sample, 5000 points from Feb to May: http://bf2s.com/player/45249878/history/Score/

Again, only 5000 points from Feb to May: http://bf2s.com/player/14649497/history/Score/
Hmm, I didn't know it for shure, I'll probarly never reach that so I don't really care
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6671|Norway
I have 50+ hours left to get veteran armour, and 15 as aviator. No way am I ever enduring that. Plus, like someone said, that eagle looks way cooler.
officer_matt
+23|6247|Switzerland

Tor77 wrote:

I have 50+ hours left to get veteran armour, and 15 as aviator. No way am I ever enduring that. Plus, like someone said, that eagle looks way cooler.
Well ur 50k from being a 1 or 2 star general, so i guess u have enough time^^ the eagle gets boring after 30
docnutz
+39|6778|B O S T ON area

officer_matt wrote:

Tor77 wrote:

Well ur 50k from being a 1 or 2 star general, so i guess u have enough time^^ the eagle gets boring after 30
listen kid, u start the tread by bashing 2 and 3 star generals, now u r talkin about how u can't wait to be one, this thread is like a  discussion during recess at grade school. 

BTW respect your superior officers nub.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6671|pimelteror.de

DrunkFace wrote:

I disagree, All that means is all the generals will end up being karkand/warlord whores(As if they arn't all atm anyway). Have you ever noticed how your SPM drops dramatically when you play maps like Daqing, dragon valley, Zatar, OCS, fushee and kubra.
true. spm means nothing.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6657|Montreal, Qc, Canada

chittydog wrote:

officer_matt wrote:

Discuss.
Negative. I only take orders to discuss from 2 star generals.
Same here !
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6609|Reisterstown, MD

DrunkFace wrote:

I disagree, All that means is all the generals will end up being karkand/warlord whores(As if they arn't all atm anyway). Have you ever noticed how your SPM drops dramatically when you play maps like Daqing, dragon valley, Zatar, OCS, fushee and kubra.

By looking at your stats I would say a resounding no. As those 6 maps make up a total of 18 hours out of 700.
I don't play those particular maps because I don't like them.  I used to play Karkand and Jalalabad a lot but have moved on to SF because I like those maps, particularly Ghost Town. Anyway, the point of what I said before is that people are being punished for having a high score per min...no matter how they got it.
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6289|Germany, NRW

=ESU=COEMAN wrote:

I am going for 2 and 3 stars, but NOT for four. That's by far too much ^^

KEIOS wrote:

true. spm means nothing.
yes, you are right sir. go play maps with planes and helos and spm drops...but fun increases
nevertheless IO is funny though, but not 24/7

Last edited by Roughshod (2007-05-08 08:02:51)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard