redhellGR
+0|6339|Greece
Hi all.

My first post in the forum, allthough I read it a lot from time to time.
I found out using the search that L96 is not available for special forces.

I started the search because allthough I have bf2, ArmFury, SpecForc, EuroForc expansions packs and I have unlocked the M95 and then the L96 i couldn't use it in SF.

In Ghost Town for example for the British side it gives me (in an Allow Global Unlocks 1 server) the choices for M24 and the M95 and for the Russian the SVD and the M95.

I was OK with it since I read that I can't use this unlocked weapon, but then after starting playing Ghost Town a LOT more, I WAS PICKED up SEVERAL times, and by several people by L96A1.
I mean WTF! How the hell could they use it and I can not?

Is there any procedure - trick that can be used in order to sorten this out? Those guys did it. So there is a way...

Playing the BF2 game (the original one) the weapons works OK, and the strange thing is that in Special Forces the L96 is show as unlocked all right in the BFHQ sceen

And please don't tell me that this is impossible. I don't have a screen etc, but it is 100% true.
After all I couldn't make such a post if not for a very serius reason.

Regards from Greece, and sorry for my bad English.
BB
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6844|Groningen / Netherlands
i think i can use l96 aswell in SF no problem
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6653|Adelaide, South Australia

Hmm, must be a new glitch, like the Full-Auto M-16.

Only I don't see how it could happen without the weapon being in that part of the game...

RonnY[NL] wrote:

I don't think you can.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
i am not 100% sure i can anyway i never play SF, but full auto m16?? that owns, m16 can fire full auto in real anyway
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6424|Washington St.
I doubt you'd make this mistake but I have from time to time, did you mistake it for the L85A2, the medic one?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6698|Area 51
It isn't possible, as the L96A1 wasn't even out yet when Special Forces was released, it came one patch later together with the P90. The two Euro Force unlocks I believe. The times that you were killed by the so called L96A1 was probably a name bug in the gun or a misread.
redhellGR
+0|6339|Greece
Thanks for the replies m8s. It is really strange! And I also (if I remember well) I COULD use the L96 in SF in the very very start. But after some time it disappeared.

Is it possible the admins of the server (always ranked) allow only the first unlocks for the norman players and for members ie give the chance of full range of weapons? Is there i mean "Allow Global Unlocks 2" exept of the normal "Allow Global Unlocks 1"? (Although I think the choices are 1 and 0 only )

I used various combinations of installing like installing the game from scratch, applying the patch again etc...

I can't understand what is going on

EDIT: And to add: It was 100% sure a L96A1 because it was a continue battle with me on the second spawn point of the square and 2-3 snipers on the hotel ? I was killed more than 10 times from 3 people all from the same place using this weapon.

When I asked by pressing J "Hey I want the L96A1 too, they said (those who killed me) "You are too newbie for this etc" and I asked again and again... It was not a misread I assure you...

Last edited by redhellGR (2007-05-02 03:40:58)

RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
maybe EA took the l96 out of SF in a patch later and thats why you cant use it these days no more coz i can also remember some time on warlord that i had l96 but as i said before i never play SF so i am not sure

and no admins cannot do that
allow global unlock 1 means yes o means no

computers work with 1's and 0's
you know those things: 110000011101100  it just means yes and no computers are dumb

Last edited by RonnY[NL] (2007-05-02 03:39:38)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6920|Bulgaria

RDMC(2) wrote:

The two Euro Force unlocks I believe. 
"unlocks" isn't the right term, since you don't unlock them - U buy EF, play EF and use these weapons on EF maps, that's it.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6596|A W S M F O X

redhellGR wrote:

Thanks for the replies m8s. It is really strange! And I also (if I remember well) I COULD use the L96 in SF in the very very start. But after some time it disappeared.

Is it possible the admins of the server (always ranked) allow only the first unlocks for the norman players and for members ie give the chance of full range of weapons? Is there i mean "Allow Global Unlocks 2" exept of the normal "Allow Global Unlocks 1"? (Although I think the choices are 1 and 0 only )

I used various combinations of installing like installing the game from scratch, applying the patch again etc...

I can't understand what is going on
Your tripping, you could never use L96 ive played SF since it came out. You must be thinking of vanilla bf or L85.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6782|Norway
I think you got picked down by the L85a1, not the L96a1...
redhellGR
+0|6339|Greece
Please all check the edited (added) part of my previous post...
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
screenshot next time ftw pl0x k?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6814|Disaster Free Zone

redhellGR wrote:

Is there any procedure - trick that can be used in order to sorten this out? Those guys did it. So there is a way...
No legal legit way to ever use the P90 or L96A1 in any SF (ranked) server.

redhellGR wrote:

And please don't tell me that this is impossible. I don't have a screen etc, but it is 100% true.
After all I couldn't make such a post if not for a very serius reason.
Thats exactly what I'm telling you, Although I'll put out some theories as to what could have happened.
  • It was the known bug where kill messages will show up with the wrong weapon. For example he shot you with the m95 but it displayed l96A1.
  • Theres a new bug where somehow SF allows you to select 2nd tier unlocks. I have never heard of this bug ever, but this is EA/DICE we are talking about so anything is possible.
  • The other player used a hack to allow him to either use any gun or to select 2nd tier unlocks.
  • You mistakenly read the kill message of the L85A1 for the L96A1, I know I've done it before.

It could be something else but, the moral of the story is you can't use the L96A1 in SF... period.
redhellGR
+0|6339|Greece

RonnY[NL] wrote:

You bet. I'll return with one I assure you...

EDIT: I ll fry my eyes in Ghost Town today in the server I was telling. I ll get that sceenshot.

Last edited by redhellGR (2007-05-02 03:49:08)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6701|NYC / Hamburg

just to clear up the confusion, can you please post a screen shot? seems really weird
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6753|Mhz

Nikola Bathory wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

"unlocks" isn't the right term, since you don't unlock them - U buy EF, play EF and use these weapons on EF maps, that's it.
I never bought EF I have both guns in BF2, they were introduced in the BF2 patch that came out the same time as EF, you never actually had to buy EF.

On topic I've never come across the L96 as being available in SF so it's either mistaken identity (Probably for the L85) or the ever fucked up localization file tagging kills with the wrong weapon.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6698|Area 51

Nikola Bathory wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

You do unlock them, cuz I dont have EF and still have them.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6926

RonnY[NL] wrote:

Screenshots are meaningless in this respect.  You can change the localization files so the weapon names (when you shoot or get shot) can say anything you like.  So if you really fancied it, you could rename the MK3A1 as "big pumpy thing" or whatever.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6821|"The Empire"

redhellGR wrote:

playing Ghost Town a LOT more, I WAS PICKED up SEVERAL times, and by several people by L96A1.
You can not for sure use that in SF, must definitely be a bug, or someone modified there localisation files to say it was.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6690|Brisbane, Aus

mazerali62 wrote:

redhellGR wrote:

playing Ghost Town a LOT more, I WAS PICKED up SEVERAL times, and by several people by L96A1.
You can not for sure use that in SF, must definitely be a bug, or someone modified there localisation files to say it was.
yeah ^ that bug.

L96 is a tier 2 unlock and SF only lets you get your Tier 1 unlocks, but SAS has some as their stock weapons
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6760|Warlord

redhellGR wrote:

I was OK with it since I read that I can't use this unlocked weapon, but then after starting playing Ghost Town a LOT more, I WAS PICKED up SEVERAL times, and by several people by L96A1.
If you saw this it's probably just a kill-message glitch.

redhellGR wrote:

No. This is hard-coded into the game, no way to change it without a mod, which you'd have to download to be able to play on the server (and it wouldn't be ranked).

RonnY[NL] wrote:

Nope.

RonnY[NL] wrote:

...but full auto m16?? that owns...y
M16 on single or burst + autofire macro = nearly the same fire rate as full auto.

RonnY[NL] wrote:

...m16 can fire full auto in real anyway
There are different versions of the M16. And this is BF2 anyway, where even if it did have fully-automatic fire DICE might have decided to change it for no good reason (like they pulled the number for the power of the AK-101 out of their ass!)
OmniDeath
~
+726|6777

screenshot, then we'll talk.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali

Todd_Angelo wrote:

RonnY[NL] wrote:

...but full auto m16?? that owns...y
M16 on single or burst + autofire macro = nearly the same fire rate as full auto.

RonnY[NL] wrote:

...m16 can fire full auto in real anyway
There are different versions of the M16. And this is BF2 anyway, where even if it did have fully-automatic fire DICE might have decided to change it for no good reason (like they pulled the number for the power of the AK-101 out of their ass!)
i lol @ you for all of this, goog game, nice fight
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6362|Switzerland
h4x

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard