NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6484

WinterWayfarer wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Osteoporosis is a disease of bone in which the bone mineral density is reduced.

If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then how can we prove anything wrong in the first place?

Every human being on Earth today will eventually die.

I am a combat medic.

There is no one but myself that has posted using this account.

The 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906.
Osteoporosis is a word.

Everything that isn't proved right, is wrong.

Back to cyrogenics(or w/e). So, if someone gets frozen now and finally after several million years when human race has invented some kind of way to achieve immortality then you will be wrong.

You are human being.

You haven't posted with that account, you have sent data to the server which has changed some 1's and 0's in it's database.
I never really liked your proofs because of its crappy logic. Jk, but have you taken geometry before? Jk

--

* Osteoporosis is both a disease of bone in which the bone mineral density is reduced and a word.

"Everything that isn't proved right, is wrong." How can something just be wrong if it hasn't been proven right yet?

Immortality is fairy tales. No one can live forever physically, and isn't outer space going to start collapsing in on itself?

* Again, I am both a combat medic and a human being.

* And again, in saying what you said, "posted with that account" means exactly as "sent data to the server which has changed some 1's and 0's in it's database" and the meaning your attempting to convey here can be rewritten a bit.

And @EVieira:

* The 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906 and on whatever the Hebrew calendar says so that's still not proving me false.

* Synonymous statements

--

And let me rephrase my statement so it's not a question anymore:

"If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place."

--

And i accept mkxiii's proof heh so:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place.

I am a combat medic.

The 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906.
Clever proofs must be written in order for me to eliminate a statement.
Meh...

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Just say something, I'll prove it wrong. Give it a try!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

As the things have gone (a bit too) serious here, I will now write down the unwritten rules. Nothing but common sense, but some of you just don't seem to understand without help.

1. Do not use My (or NooBesT[FIN]'s / topal63's) statements against us. EVER.
2. Do not correct your statements, nor edit them, or we'll disqualify them.
3. Keep D&ST flamewars & other shit out of here, this is PURELY JunkDrawer.
4. If you make some kind of mistake in your statement it's not our fault and we can use that to prove your
    statement wrong.
5. The rules might change any time, If I'm forced to change them. Check this once in a while.
6. I am the OP, NooBesT[FIN] is my #1 assistant and topal63 is the Einstein.

AND THE ULTIMATE RULE: DO NOT TAKE THIS TOO SERIOUSLY!!!!
I'll have to go low here.

Besides...

Immortality is fairy tales. No one can live forever physically, and isn't outer space going to start collapsing in on itself?
Probably humans will someday learn how to perform brain transfers. And if there's not enough mass in universe it won't collapse.

* And again, in saying what you said, "posted with that account" means exactly as "sent data to the server which has changed some 1's and 0's in it's database" and the meaning your attempting to convey here can be rewritten a bit.
Posting is sending something via mail.

You stated it first as you were only a combat medic, not anything else.

Wikipedia wrote:

Osteoporosis is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) in women as a bone mineral density 2.5 standard deviations.
Some people may have lower than that in standard so they in theory have osteoporosis which means it doesn't have to be reduced.

* The 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906 and on whatever the Hebrew calendar says so that's still not proving me false.
The original statement didn't claim anything about calendars so this applies:

EVieira wrote:

Wrong, the San Fracisco earthqake happened in the year 5666. Check your Jewish calender...

The_Jester wrote:

I'm posting just to test my signature.
When you posted that you tried to post a statement that we couldn't prove wrong so you are wrong.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6267|Spacetime

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Osteoporosis is a word.

Everything that isn't proved right, is wrong.

Back to cyrogenics(or w/e). So, if someone gets frozen now and finally after several million years when human race has invented some kind of way to achieve immortality then you will be wrong.

You are human being.

You haven't posted with that account, you have sent data to the server which has changed some 1's and 0's in it's database.
I never really liked your proofs because of its crappy logic. Jk, but have you taken geometry before? Jk

--

* Osteoporosis is both a disease of bone in which the bone mineral density is reduced and a word.

"Everything that isn't proved right, is wrong." How can something just be wrong if it hasn't been proven right yet?

And @EVieira:

* Synonymous statements

--

And let me rephrase my statement so it's not a question anymore:

"If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place."

--

And i accept mkxiii's proof heh so:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place.

I am a combat medic.

Clever proofs must be written in order for me to eliminate a statement.
That's the topic up for debate today.

--

Now for this:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Meh...

I'll have to go low here.

Besides...

Probably humans will someday learn how to perform brain transfers. And if there's not enough mass in universe it won't collapse.
Brain transfers are impossible. Absolutely no surgeon or doctor or medical person will ever think that something called "brain transfers" will occur in the future. I've never even saw a "brain transfer" in any science fiction thing, and I'm a fan of Star Trek! And if even that is not good for you, my statement says "Every human being on Earth today will eventually die", so the idea of "brain transfers" would still suggest the death of the person that is receiving the "brain transfer", or the death of the donor too.

I accept your last statement to be correct, but if there is not enough mass, there will be a "Big Freeze".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Freeze

Wow someone can learn a lot from this thread.

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Posting is sending something via mail.
And this proves, what?
I accepted mkxiii's proof, but rejected yours.

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

You stated it first as you were only a combat medic, not anything else.
What I meant by my response to your proof was this: Combat medics are human beings.

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

Osteoporosis is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) in women as a bone mineral density 2.5 standard deviations.
Some people may have lower than that in standard so they in theory have osteoporosis which means it doesn't have to be reduced.
If you quoted the statement from Wikipedia long enough, you would surprisingly find that the quote actually states:

Wikipedia wrote:

Osteoporosis is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) in women as a bone mineral density 2.5 standard deviations below peak bone mass...
Don't waste my time proving your purposely-made illogical proofs please...

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

The original statement didn't claim anything about calendars so this applies:

EVieira wrote:

Wrong, the San Fracisco earthqake happened in the year 5666. Check your Jewish calender...
One word: Synonymous

The date that that earthquake happened is on the same date as that with the Jewish date that EVieira tried to express. So you have still not proven me wrong that the 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906 and on whatever the Hebrew calendar says.

You have to prove me false to prove me wrong, not state similar dates on which the earthquake happened on...

Last edited by WinterWayfarer (2007-04-30 16:37:08)

MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6636|Japan
In the  current English (UK) language, the word "Riddle" is spelt with 2 vowels and 4 consonants
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6301|eng
OMFG the pressure is 2 much!!!

I can't think!!
#rekt
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6484

WinterWayfarer wrote:

HUGE ASS QUOTE
Err...

Rules wrote:

1. Do not use My (or NooBesT[FIN]'s / topal63's) statements against us. EVER.
2. Do not correct your statements, nor edit them, or we'll disqualify them.
3. Keep D&ST flamewars & other shit out of here, this is PURELY JunkDrawer.
4. If you make some kind of mistake in your statement it's not our fault and we can use that to prove your
    statement wrong.
5. The rules might change any time, If I'm forced to change them. Check this once in a while.
6. I am the OP, NooBesT[FIN] is my #1 assistant and topal63 is the Einstein.

AND THE ULTIMATE RULE: DO NOT TAKE THIS TOO SERIOUSLY!!!!
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6267|Spacetime
Lol , Anybody else want to try my:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

HUGE ASS QUOTE

--

I brought this down here:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

I am a combat medic.

And always remember: You have to prove me false to prove me wrong.

Last edited by WinterWayfarer (2007-05-01 16:13:41)

topal63
. . .
+533|6733

WinterWayfarer wrote:

1.) Osteoporosis is a disease of bone in which the bone mineral density is reduced.
One at a time, I am actually getting a little busy, as my... business is beginning to pick up in volume. I might not have as much time, as before, for BF2S forum nonsense (but never really too busy for utter nonsense!).

This is clearly a non-unique definition that does not define what "Osteoporosis" really "is." As Bill Clinton would say, 'this depends upon what your definition of "is" is.'

If "is" implies a specific thing - then this "is" an utterly non-specific definition (as already stated). Astronauts returning from space have a reduced bone mineral density, due to the effects of a lower gravity environment. They are not suffering from a disease; but clearly this fits your definition of what "osteoporosis" "is."  Also, studies have been conducted showing that lifting weights can affect bone mineral density. Less activity; a sedentary lifestyle can affect bone mineral density; that it "is" reduced. This also "is" not really a “disease” either known as "osteoporosis."

Osteoporosis occurs when the body fails to form enough new bone, or when too much old bone is reabsorbed by the body, or both. Calcium and phosphate are two minerals that are essential for normal bone formation. Throughout youth, the body uses these minerals to produce bones. If calcium intake is not sufficient, or if the body does not absorb enough calcium from the diet, bone production and bone tissues may suffer. The leading causes are a drop in estrogen in women at the time of menopause, and a drop in testosterone in men. Women, especially those over the age of 50, get osteoporosis more often than men.

Osteoporosis is a condition characterized by progressive loss of bone density, thinning of bone tissue and increased vulnerability to fractures. Osteoporosis may result from disease, dietary or hormonal deficiency or advanced age. Regular exercise and vitamin and mineral supplements can reduce and even reverse loss of bone density.

Sources:
NASA microgravity effects on bone tissue & osteoporosis similarities:
http://weboflife.nasa.gov/currentResear … kKnees.htm

MedlinePlus (Online) Medical Encyclopedia (Definition of: Osteoporosis):
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency … 000360.htm
Osteoporosis may result from disease, but it is not by definition limited to being a “disease,” as environmental factors can cause the same effects that fit the definition. Osteoporosis "is" also NOT a disease, it can simply be a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency. (Then and therefore it is not a disease, actually it is a condition, as it is the result of some other cause/agent/factor).

Last edited by topal63 (2007-05-02 20:50:53)

+3|6499|UK, wots up wiv my karma? O
In the english language the word "milk" translated into the russian language means: "молоко"
The liquid substance called/known as water (to the avarage human) freezes at 0 degrees celsius
1 degress celsius is equal to 1.8 degrees fahrenheit
The english alphabet has 26 letters in total as of this day- The second of March in the year of 2007AD in the average calander and the chritstian calander
Kenya is what is called a "Developing Country" and is located in east of the continent
"Africa"
When an object looks what most people call the 'colour' "black" that object is not reflecting any light. Instead is Absorbing all light
The 'Light' that a light bulb is giving out is called 'White light' and has 7 colours Red,Orange,Yellow,Green,Blue,Indigo and Violet which can be seperated but using a glass 'prism'
You will ignor this post and you will not reply
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6267|Spacetime

topal63 wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

1.) Osteoporosis is a disease of bone in which the bone mineral density is reduced.
One at a time, I am actually getting a little busy, as my... business is beginning to pick up in volume. I might not have as much time, as before, for BF2S forum nonsense (but never really too busy for utter nonsense!).

This is clearly a non-unique definition that does not define what "Osteoporosis" really "is." As Bill Clinton would say, 'this depends upon what your definition of "is" is.'

If "is" implies a specific thing - then this "is" an utterly non-specific definition (as already stated). Astronauts returning from space have a reduced bone mineral density, due to the effects of a lower gravity environment. They are not suffering from a disease; but clearly this fits your definition of what "osteoporosis" "is."  Also, studies have been conducted showing that lifting weights can affect bone mineral density. Less activity; a sedentary lifestyle can affect bone mineral density; that it "is" reduced. This also "is" not really a “disease” either known as "osteoporosis."

Osteoporosis occurs when the body fails to form enough new bone, or when too much old bone is reabsorbed by the body, or both. Calcium and phosphate are two minerals that are essential for normal bone formation. Throughout youth, the body uses these minerals to produce bones. If calcium intake is not sufficient, or if the body does not absorb enough calcium from the diet, bone production and bone tissues may suffer. The leading causes are a drop in estrogen in women at the time of menopause, and a drop in testosterone in men. Women, especially those over the age of 50, get osteoporosis more often than men.

Osteoporosis is a condition characterized by progressive loss of bone density, thinning of bone tissue and increased vulnerability to fractures. Osteoporosis may result from disease, dietary or hormonal deficiency or advanced age. Regular exercise and vitamin and mineral supplements can reduce and even reverse loss of bone density.

Sources:
NASA microgravity effects on bone tissue & osteoporosis similarities:
http://weboflife.nasa.gov/currentResear … kKnees.htm

MedlinePlus (Online) Medical Encyclopedia (Definition of: Osteoporosis):
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency … 000360.htm
Osteoporosis may result from disease, but it is not by definition limited to being a “disease,” as environmental factors can cause the same effects that fit the definition. Osteoporosis "is" also NOT a disease, it can simply be a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency.
Great! You have proven me wrong once again. I agree with your statements proving that the reduction of bone mineral density does not define osteoporosis. Pretty good stuff you gave there. The part where you said osteoporosis could be a "condition resulting from a dietary deficiency" is also true, but that doesn't relate to proving my statement. Good info though. Learned a lot.

So the things still left to disprove:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

I am a combat medic.

I +1 your karma for good proofs!

Last edited by WinterWayfarer (2007-05-02 21:11:12)

topal63
. . .
+533|6733

WinterWayfarer wrote:

One down right... as "osteoporosis" is not a actually a disease, rather it is a bone condition, being it is the result of some other cause/disease/factor). ( http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p1394078 )

On to #2 then,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

2.) If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place.
"...then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place" = inconsistent (False or Wrong),
= inconsistent & you're wrong in conclusion = you're right in principle = not not true = -- = + = true.

Now two down...

So it is false in conclusion yet it is nearly the form of a known truth (and/or theorem). So on the other hand, in another way, it is right - so therefore you're wrong (ZEN!).

The Zen part: or
Unproved = proved unproven until demonstrated otherwise and it hasn't been yet,
If it is not absolutely proved it is incomplete as an axiomatic system (as all are known to be) and this remains as a constant - as being not completely proved - hence it is (consistently) "partially unproved." Therefore your statement itself is inconsistent (internally self-contradictory); because you're (I'm) stating that something is at least partially unproven (at least once exception can be demonstrated to exist); and that every-time the exception comes up it proves, at a minimum, the "partially unproven" or system-inconsistency statement. But isn't that a contradiction of logic? A reversal, like the reversal of sign ++ = +, yet -- = +. Self contradictions are logical operators in the sense that they are reversals of a state (sign, value, in logic a reversal of true-false/false-true). It is consistent that it will be inconsistent = true = Zen!
The statement you've made is almost a truth itself. A better way of stating it (this truth you're either aware of; or discovered independently) would be by stating what it actually is:
"Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem"
2.a) For all formal (and likely informal) axiomatic/logical/mathematical systems there will be at least one case that cannot be proven by that same system (or rather one would have to construct a system to prove the first system. Thereby having at least one case unprovable again, and therefore having an endless recursive need for another system, and another exception, etc, etc, etc).
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GoedelsInc … eorem.html

Or what is indicated is a general principle of truth about accepting uncertainty as a truth itself.
2.b) Absolute certainty in knowing is not warranted in this life by human beings based upon our current understanding of reality.

And yet it indicates another general principle of truth - inconsistency is consistent (a constant of sorts) or rather this:
2.c) Heraclitus, "All is flux" ... Or change is a constant, the ever changing state of energy(matter) existing in the moment.

Moving on to #3,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

3.) Every human being on Earth today will eventually die.
Been there done that, maybe even an infinite number of times! Oh wait, this has come up before in this very thread (in response to "everyone dies"),

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1351451

topal63 wrote:

Or this ... there is an infinite number of entangled universes (explaining the quantum state). In the entangled multi-verse, there are a near infinite number of you's. Your experience in this slice of the reality-pie, only resolves the observation of specific quantum states, the other multitude is unknown to you. In at least one other reality (unknown to you) - that other entangled-conscious you - does not die ever - or rather no-one dies ever. Conscious observation of reality resolves it in a sense. If there is a direct relationship of conscious observation necessary to reality - consciousness might be a more fundamental physical nature; than say the energy-effects experienced as matter/energy/quantum-states/string-theory. If the body dies (passes away) and consciousness as the real essence of you persist somehow in some form in a possible multi-verse - then one can say no-one ever dies - when the body passes away. I don’t know. But there is no way to be sure until you die - and find out - crap I still exist!
Also consider #2 [above], that things potentially have an exception, and things you know exist in a state of not-being-absolutely proven - and that is a truism. So how can you be certain the definitions you know of life and death are even correct?

Life is a line crossed, well more like a blur, as a distinction - from what is mere chemical reaction to what is labeled alive. From the chemicals that make up proto-life, to a simple single cell and its RNA/DNA (then DNA/RNA), to the you existing today, this is an unbroken chain of existence. Where the potential for what we label life is inherent to the system. You are as much the cellular continuance of your mother father as much as you are the cellular continuance of the first & most simplest of cells. And you are the continuance of the precursors that precede even that. In a sense what is alive is a potential existing in the universe (as energy/matter/consciousness) and this is alive in you, it is alive as an unbroken chain from the potential to the proto-life, to those forms that preceded you, to your mother & father, to you - and even to the potential of you existing entangled in quantum-way to a infinite reality you simply are not experiencing from this perspective.

It is even possible that the energy-matter-consciousness that makes up the whole of it is a single entity (this universe). That your singular existence is more illusion rather than reality. It is a perspective of self viewing the whole. People are kind of like a point-of-view; in which the universe is looking at itself. IN this idea - you are a part of whole that is alive. Like your cells that are individually alive and can die-off all the time, yet you remain, and so the universe (and potential universal-self) remains. Who really knows if any really dies? I don't - at least not for certain.

Moving on to #4,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

1.) I am a combat medic.
No you are not. You are unbroken chain in existence tied to the nature of the whole (universe); we can call you a human being by definition. We can call you a name based upon what you've learned and what you practice; or do. By definition we call what you are doing (and have learned to do) - as being that of what is labeled a “combat medic.” This applies to anything: learning math, science, medical-science, religion, anthropology, psychiatrics, etc - and then practicing that learned activity/method. This is by definition a “role” in life. You assume many roles in life: medic, father, brother, lover, friend, patriot, a shoulder to lean on, philosopher, son, and so on.

You may work as a combat medic from time to time, your station may be that of assuming the role of a combat medic. But you are not a combat medic. That is an activity and learning - and thus a role you assume on occasion. It also is not a role in life that you’ve always known (prior you assumed other roles, stations in life, and in the future you probably will assume other stations/roles in life). It is not a role you occupy 24/7 (that is misnomer). 24/7 you might be able to assume the role of combat medic - when necessary. But 24/7 you are not actually assuming that role. Often times you and I are assuming the other roles in life (we don't just do one thing): friend, son, father, specific work-task, etc. We identify with what we do - so it is just a common figure of speech to say: I am a teacher, I am a combat medic, I am a doctor, I am a student, etc. But that is role you personally identify with, it is not what you actually are.

Moving on to #5,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

5.) The 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906.
Well first off, you did forget to mention what this date is in reference to - which calender? I don't see any mention of AD or CE either, and it could be BC or BCE. Even if we assume the Christian calender - this statement is ambiguous.

5.a) So no - that event didn't happen in the year 1906 BCE, as far as I know a city named "San Francisco" did not exist then either.

5.b) You said it "happened around 5:12 A.M." - you probably meant "something occured at that time, around 5:12," as a foreshock occurred at 5:12 A.M. on April 18, 1906 CE. The actual earthquake started some 20 to 25 seconds later, with an epicenter near San Francisco. The duration of the event lasted some 45 to 60 seconds.

5.c) Also you've mentioned (Pacific Time) are you sure about that? It was actually San Francisco local time. Standard zone time was formally adopted by the U.S. Congress on March 19, 1918 as the "Standard Time Act." Also it would be impossible to determine if their clocks were perfectly calibrated (in 1906). The first foreshock might actually have occurred at a different time (with the actual earthquake occurring later) - there is no way to know. So it is incorrect to assume that time stated is accurate (it is merely an inaccurate reference point: stated in a history book).

Five UP - Five DOWN! High five!

Last edited by topal63 (2007-05-04 11:48:03)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6484

In the english language the word "milk" translated into the russian language means: "молоко"
It still means milk to you, since you use (if you are from any english speaking country) english in your mind.

The liquid substance called/known as water (to the avarage human) freezes at 0 degrees celsius
In different pressures it freezes at different points. And besides, most humans know it as something else than "water".

1 degress celsius is equal to 1.8 degrees fahrenheit
Not even nearly.
(1) x 1,8 + 32 = 33,8    ((t1) x 1,8 + 32 = t2 (aka the formula))

The english alphabet has 26 letters in total as of this day- The second of March in the year of 2007AD in the average calander and the chritstian calander
There's actually 52 letters. Upper- and lowercase. Eg. "A" and "a"

Kenya is what is called a "Developing Country" and is located in east of the continent
"Africa"
There's no "country" there. It's just a part of Earth and the borders between "countries" are just imagination.
There are no lines in the landscape, trust me.

When an object looks what most people call the 'colour' "black" that object is not reflecting any light. Instead is Absorbing all light
Most people don't speak english as their native language, so they don't call the 'colour' "black".

The 'Light' that a light bulb is giving out is called 'White light' and has 7 colours Red,Orange,Yellow,Green,Blue,Indigo and Violet which can be seperated but using a glass 'prism'
Light bulb doesn't "give out" any light. The chemical reaction inside does.

You will ignor this post and you will not reply
I did not

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2007-05-03 06:51:54)

l41e
+677|6663

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Light bulb doesn't "give out" any light. The chemical reaction inside does.
There is no significant light-producingchemical reaction inside any common light bulb. Incandescent: the tungsten filament heats up. Halogen: same, except the gas returns some of the tungsten to the filament. Fluorescent: ultraviolet light excites molecules. Carbon/xenon arc: an electrical arc is created.
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6267|Spacetime

topal63 wrote:

On to #2 then,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

"...then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place" = inconsistent (False or Wrong),
= inconsistent & you're wrong in conclusion = you're right in principle = not not true = -- = + = true.

So it is false in conclusion yet it is nearly the form of a known truth (and/or theorem). So on the other hand, in another way, it is right - so therefore you're wrong (ZEN!).

The Zen part: or
Unproved = proved unproven until demonstrated otherwise and it hasn't been yet,
If it is not absolutely proved it is incomplete as an axiomatic system (as all are known to be) and this remains as a constant - as being not completely proved - hence it is (consistently) "partially unproved." Therefore your statement itself is inconsistent (internally self-contradictory); because you're (I'm) stating that something is at least partially unproven (at least once exception can be demonstrated to exist); and that every-time the exception comes up it proves, at a minimum, the "partially unproven" or system-inconsistency statement. But isn't that a contradiction of logic? A reversal, like the reversal of sign ++ = +, yet -- = +. Self contradictions are logical operators in the sense that they are reversals of a state (sign, value, in logic a reversal of true-false/false-true). It is consistent that it will be inconsistent = true = Zen!
The statement you've made is almost a truth itself. A better way of stating it (this truth you're either aware of; or discovered independently) would be by stating what it actually is:
2.a) For all formal (and likely informal) axiomatic/logical/mathematical systems there will be at least one case that cannot be proven by that same system (or rather one would have to construct a system to prove the first system. Thereby having at least one case unprovable again, and therefore having an endless recursive need for another system, and another exception, etc, etc, etc).

Or what is indicated is a general principle of truth about accepting uncertainty as a truth itself.
2.b) Absolute certainty in knowing is not warranted in this life by human beings based upon our current understanding of reality.

And yet it indicates another general principle of truth - inconsistency is consistent (a constant of sorts) or rather this:
2.c) Heraclitus, "All is flux" ... Or change is a constant, the ever changing state of energy(matter) existing in the moment.
I don't understand what you're saying , but maybe you can simplify your version of the proof? I think I can counter it.

topal36 wrote:

Moving on to #3,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

3.) Every human being on Earth today will eventually die.
Been there done that, maybe even an infinite number of times! Oh wait, this has come up before in this very thread (in response to "everyone dies"),

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1351451

topal63 wrote:

Or this ... there is an infinite number of entangled universes (explaining the quantum state). In the entangled multi-verse, there are a near infinite number of you's. Your experience in this slice of the reality-pie, only resolves the observation of specific quantum states, the other multitude is unknown to you. In at least one other reality (unknown to you) - that other entangled-conscious you - does not die ever - or rather no-one dies ever. Conscious observation of reality resolves it in a sense. If there is a direct relationship of conscious observation necessary to reality - consciousness might be a more fundamental physical nature; than say the energy-effects experienced as matter/energy/quantum-states/string-theory. If the body dies (passes away) and consciousness as the real essence of you persist somehow in some form in a possible multi-verse - then one can say no-one ever dies - when the body passes away. I don’t know. But there is no way to be sure until you die - and find out - crap I still exist!
Also consider #2 [above], that things potentially have an exception, and things you know exist in a state of not-being-absolutely proven - and that is a truism. So how can you be certain the definitions you know of life and death are even correct?

Life is a line crossed, well more like a blur, as a distinction - from what is mere chemical reaction to what is labeled alive. From the chemicals that make up proto-life, to a simple single cell and its RNA/DNA (then DNA/RNA), to the you existing today, this is an unbroken chain of existence. Where the potential for what we label life is inherent to the system. You are as much the cellular continuance of your mother father as much as you are the cellular continuance of the first & most simplest of cells. And you are the continuance of the precursors that precede even that. In a sense what is alive is a potential existing in the universe (as energy/matter/consciousness) and this is alive in you, it is alive as an unbroken chain from the potential to the proto-life, to those forms that preceded you, to your mother & father, to you - and even to the potential of you existing entangled in quantum-way to a infinite reality you simply are not experiencing from this perspective.

It is even possible that the energy-matter-consciousness that makes up the whole of it is a single entity (this universe). That your singular existence is more illusion than reality. It is a perspective of self viewing the whole. People are kind of like a point-of-view; in which the universe is looking at itself. IN this idea - you are a part of whole that is alive. Like your cells that are individually alive and can die-off all the time, yet you remain, and so the universe (and potential universal-self) remains. Who really knows if any really dies? I don't - at least not for certain.
Good! The definition of death is not really a defined expression. You can simply state that you don't know whether the concept of death even exists, as maybe there is such a thing as a second life. There can always be a possibility that life may go on forever after death, because we have never experienced death before. +1 karma for you!

topal63 wrote:

Moving on to #4,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

1.) I am a combat medic.
No you are not. You are unbroken chain in existence tied to the nature of the whole (universe); we can call you a human being by definition. We can call you a name based upon what you've learned and what you practice; or do. By definition we call what you are doing (and have learned to do) - as being that of what is labeled a “combat medic.” This applies to anything: learning math, science, medical-science, religion, anthropology, psychiatrics, etc - and then practicing that learned activity/method. This is by definition a “role” in life. You assume many roles in life: medic, father, brother, lover, friend, patriot, a shoulder to lean on, philosopher, son, and so on.

You may work as a combat medic from time to time, your station may be that of assuming the role of a combat medic. But you are not a combat medic. That is an activity and learning - and thus a role you assume on occasion. It also is not a role in life that you’ve always known (prior you assumed other roles, stations in life, and in the future you probably will assume other stations/roles in life). It is not a role you occupy 24/7 (that is misnomer). 24/7 you might be able to assume the role of combat medic - when necessary. But 24/7 you are not actually assuming that role. Often times you and I are assuming the other roles in life (we don't just do one thing): friend, son, father, specific work-task, etc. We identify with what we do - so it is just a common figure of speech to say: I am a teacher, I am a combat medic, I am a doctor, I am a student, etc. But that is role you personally identify with, it is not what you actually are.
Very good! I may be a combat medic in one instant, and a student the next. "I am a combat medic" merely states that I am a combat medic as of right now, so you get that one topal lol. +1 karma again!

topal63 wrote:

Moving on to #5,

WinterWayfarer wrote:

5.) The 1906 San Francisco earthquake happened around 5:12 A.M. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, April 18, 1906.
Well first off, you did forget to mention what this date is in reference to - which calender? I don't see any mention of AD or CE either, and it could be BC or BCE. Even if we assume the Christian calender - this statement is ambiguous.

5.a) So no - that event didn't happen in the year 1906 BCE, as far as I know a city named "San Francisco" did not exist then either.

5.b) You said it "happened around 5:12 A.M." - you probably meant "something occured at that time, around 5:12," as a foreshock occurred at 5:12 A.M. on April 18, 1906 CE. The actual earthquake started some 20 to 25 seconds later, with an epicenter near San Francisco. The duration of the event lasted some 45 to 60 seconds.

5.c) Also you've mentioned (Pacific Time) are you sure about that? It was actually San Francisco local time. Standard zone time was formally adopted by the U.S. Congress on March 19, 1918 as the "Standard Time Act." Also it would be impossible to determine if their clocks were perfectly calibrated (in 1906). The first foreshock might actually have occurred at a different time (with the actual earthquake occurring later) - there is no way to know. So it is incorrect to assume that time stated is accurate (it is merely an inaccurate reference point: stated in a history book).
Yea ok, this statement was pretty bad lol. Another +1 for topal.

--

So, one more still needs to be proven with a better proof :

WinterWayfarer wrote:

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6484

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Well...

If nothing can be proven right, it must be wrong. It can't be right but it must be something so by standard it's wrong.

@k30: That's irrelevant to the fact.

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2007-05-04 10:08:00)

WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6267|Spacetime

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Well...

If nothing can be proven right, it must be wrong. It can't be right but it must be something so by standard it's wrong.
What I'm trying to say here by this statement is that if nothing can be proven right (there is nothing to be a given), then nothing can be proven wrong in the first place (because you need some sort of fact to base your proof on).
topal63
. . .
+533|6733

WinterWayfarer wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Well...

What I'm trying to say here by this statement is that if nothing can be proven right (there is nothing to be a given), then nothing can be proven wrong in the first place (because you need some sort of fact to base your proof on).
Violation of the rules! Violation! Violation! LOL You're not allowed to modify, explain, change your statement, say I meant that, etc. We are not mind readers here! Just kidding - NOT!

WinterWayfarer wrote:

So, one more still needs to be proven with a better proof;

2.) If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place.
Demanding a BETTER PROOF! How dare you! … I could have just dismissed the statement easily as being inconsistent and self-contradictory; therefore wrong; and it is. But because it contains a potential for linkage to other ideas I decided on another approach.

First take note of your use of the word “absolutely,” this actually renders your statement incorrect (I will explain at the end of the argument). Then there is also the problem with the word “prove”, this is definition dependent. I ignored these problems with the first proof because I was interested in tying previous concepts into this proof. As I have stated before my feeling is that you can have fun with ideas (these so-called proofs) by presenting a different perspective. Let my try a different and yet similar angle. Lets go backwards (a reverse flow of the previous argument) this time…

2.a.) In your statement about the San Francisco Earthquake a good idea was inserted into the statement. That idea was a qualifier (a logical dependency modifier). The idea was used when you included the qualifier; modifier; word “around.” While there were other errors in the statement - this was a very good idea to include as a concept. As used the context meaning, as expressed, or implies, a limitation (a qualifier) of either: value or accuracy.

This in itself is similar to a concept contained in our X=X problem where there is usually (most likely always) an uncertainty as to perfect absolute precision, thus we arrive at X≈X, that our precision is a limitation (it is not absolute), we must qualify it (it reasonably equals X, even though it is actually an approximation, and it is a matter of precision approximation in all known applied mathematics; those applied to real word situations/problems).

Which brings us to the principle of uncertainty of perfect knowing, as no such thing can really be demonstrated, but it does not need to be demonstrated (as approximation is a form of knowing, disregarding the potential absurdity of being “absolutely” certain) - thus we arrive at:
A general principle of truth about accepting uncertainty as a truth itself.
2.b) Absolute certainty in knowing is not warranted in this life by human beings based upon our current understanding of reality. (To make our statements correct we must be careful about qualifying them and accept the principle of uncertainty).

Which implies this other general principle of truth - inconsistency is consistent (a constant of sorts) or even this:
2.c) Heraclitus (Greek Philosopher: http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/GREECE/HERAC.HTM ), "All is flux" ... Or change is a constant, the ever changing state of energy(matter) existing in the moment. If something is always moving; at least I know it is always moving. If there is a demonstrated exception to the system, every time, there is consistency in inconsistency of a formal system. It seems paradoxical at first glance to say: “Change is a constant” and “If something is inconsistent then it is consistent” but it is not. Change is a rule you can depend upon happening thus it is constant; as a rule. The same is true for inconsistency. If it is demonstrated to be inconsistent every time, the fact it is inconsistent every time means that inconsistency is consistent as a rule.

Which brings us to that as a formal theorem itself (inconsistency implies incompleteness):
2.d) For all formal (and likely informal) axiomatic/logical/mathematical systems there will be at least one case that cannot be proven by that same system (or rather one would have to construct a system to prove the first system. Thereby having at least one case un-provable again, and therefore having an endless recursive need for another system, and another exception, etc, etc, etc). But incompleteness does not imply unprovability; rather it implies proper dependencies and proper qualifications.

On to your statement:
But, unproved = proved unproven until demonstrated otherwise - this is a form of knowing something (which contradicts your statement/conclusion; and why the statement is internally inconsistent itself & self-contradictory). That we can’t demonstrate something as being right (or proved to 100% certainty) is wrong when an absolute-truth (knowing) is the expectation, rather than what is really knowable/provable; and that is a qualified dependent truth. If it is not absolutely proved (to 100% certain precision) it is only because it does not need to be as incompleteness is part of any axiomatic system (as all are known to be) and this remains as a constant.
Example:
If I know that God conceptual is not proved by logic or evidence, then I also know God conceptual is not disproved either by that same system, therefore what I know and have proved is that God conceptual is possible ("possible" is a qualifier; a logical dependency modifier), that is what I know and have proved.

Therefore your statement itself is inconsistent; erroneous; wrong (as it is internally self-contradictory); because you're stating that: (1) it must be an absolute to conform as knowledge/truth, but this is false. Because (2) a dependency (qualifier) can render a statement true in the form we really know/prove most things (as a dependent truth). And (3) your internal definition of proved within the statement: implies that it must be independent and absolute - and this is wrong. All known truths are dependent truths (as uncertainty, inconsistency; thus qualification - dependency is part of the system).

Your idea as revised by me:
If there is not anything that can be absolutely proven to 100% perfect certainty; then what is right and proved is not required to be perfect or absolute (to perfect 100% certainty), but for it to be correct; or true; or proved; it must be qualified by demonstrating the proper logical dependencies - else it will easily be proven wrong.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-05-04 13:39:36)

WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6267|Spacetime

topal63 wrote:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

Demanding a BETTER PROOF! How dare you! … I could have just dismissed the statement easily as being inconsistent and self-contradictory; therefore wrong; and it is. But because it contains a potential for linkage to other ideas I decided on another approach.

First take note of your use of the word “absolutely,” this actually renders your statement incorrect (I will explain at the end of the argument). Then there is also the problem with the word “prove”, this is definition dependent. I ignored these problems with the first proof because I was interested in tying previous concepts into this proof. As I have stated before my feeling is that you can have fun with ideas (these so-called proofs) by presenting a different perspective. Let my try a different and yet similar angle. Lets go backwards (a reverse flow of the previous argument) this time…

2.a.) In your statement about the San Francisco Earthquake a good idea was inserted into the statement. That idea was a qualifier (a logical dependency modifier). The idea was used when you included the qualifier; modifier; word “around.” While there were other errors in the statement - this was a very good idea to include as a concept. As used the context meaning, as expressed, or implies, a limitation (a qualifier) of either: value or accuracy.

This in itself is similar to a concept contained in our X=X problem where there is usually (most likely always) an uncertainty as to perfect absolute precision, thus we arrive at X≈X, that our precision is a limitation (it is not absolute), we must qualify it (it reasonably equals X, even though it is actually an approximation, and it is a matter of precision approximation in all known applied mathematics; those applied to real word situations/problems).

Which brings us to the principle of uncertainty of perfect knowing, as no such thing can really be demonstrated, but it does not need to be demonstrated (as approximation is a form of knowing, disregarding the potential absurdity of being “absolutely” certain) - thus we arrive at:
A general principle of truth about accepting uncertainty as a truth itself.
2.b) Absolute certainty in knowing is not warranted in this life by human beings based upon our current understanding of reality. (To make our statements correct we must be careful about qualifying them and accept the principle of uncertainty).

Which implies this other general principle of truth - inconsistency is consistent (a constant of sorts) or even this:
2.c) Heraclitus (Greek Philosopher: http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/GREECE/HERAC.HTM ), "All is flux" ... Or change is a constant, the ever changing state of energy(matter) existing in the moment. If something is always moving; at least I know it is always moving. If there is a demonstrated exception to the system, every time, there is consistency in inconsistency of a formal system. It seems paradoxical at first glance to say: “Change is a constant” and “If something is inconsistent then it is consistent” but it is not. Change is a rule you can depend upon happening thus it is constant; as a rule. The same is true for inconsistency. If it is demonstrated to be inconsistent every time, the fact it is inconsistent every time means that inconsistency is consistent as a rule.

Which brings us to that as a formal theorem itself (inconsistency implies incompleteness):
2.d) For all formal (and likely informal) axiomatic/logical/mathematical systems there will be at least one case that cannot be proven by that same system (or rather one would have to construct a system to prove the first system. Thereby having at least one case un-provable again, and therefore having an endless recursive need for another system, and another exception, etc, etc, etc). But incompleteness does not imply unprovability; rather it implies proper dependencies and proper qualifications.

On to your statement:

WinterWayfarer wrote:

]If there is absolutely nothing that can be proven right, then we can't prove anything wrong in the first place.
But, unproved = proved unproven until demonstrated otherwise - this is a form of knowing something (which contradicts your statement/conclusion; and why the statement is internally inconsistent itself & self-contradictory). That we can’t demonstrate something as being right (or proved to 100% certainty) is wrong when an absolute-truth (knowing) is the expectation, rather than what is really knowable/provable; and that is a qualified dependent truth. If it is not absolutely proved (to 100% certain precision) it is only because it does not need to be as incompleteness is part of any axiomatic system (as all are known to be) and this remains as a constant.
Example:
If I know that God conceptual is not proved by logic or evidence, then I also know God conceptual is not disproved either by that same system, therefore what I know and have proved is that God conceptual is possible ("possible" is a qualifier; a logical dependency modifier), that is what I know and have proved.

Therefore your statement itself is inconsistent; erroneous; wrong (as it is internally self-contradictory); because you're stating that: (1) it must be an absolute to conform as knowledge/truth, but this is false. Because (2) a dependency (qualifier) can render a statement true in the form we really know/prove most things (as a dependent truth). And (3) your internal definition of proved within the statement: implies that it must be independent and absolute - and this is wrong. All known truths are dependent truths (as uncertainty, inconsistency; thus qualification - dependency is part of the system).

Your idea as revised by me:
If there is not anything that can be absolutely proven to 100% perfect certainty; then what is right and proved is not required to be perfect or absolute (to perfect 100% certainty), but for it to be correct; or true; or proved; it must be qualified by demonstrating the proper logical dependencies - else it will easily be proven wrong.
Uhh.. I'm sorry, really I am , but when I said make your proof better, I meant simplify and clarify it and make it smaller, beacuse I can't comprehend what you're saying. You're saying that my statement is self-contradictory. Explain that part please. And by the way, you must be a true genius in the real world to be able to write proofs so brilliantly. Yea you make my brain hurt.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6655
Ice is cold.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT

thareaper254 wrote:

Ice is cold.
Cold is a subjective adjective and can't be true for everyone.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6721
This is not the most useless, pointless, and annoying thread over 15 pages long.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6508|N. Ireland
surgeon_bond isn't a chav
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

leetkyle wrote:

leetkyle is gay.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6504|Gogledd Cymru

Zimmer wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

leetkyle is gay.
try proving that wrong ill give you money if you can in fact ill suicide if you can b/c its the definition of true, go look in a dictionary
Entertayner
+826|6586

General Knowledge:  leetkyle once had a girlfriend.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6478|cuntshitlake

nukchebi0 wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

Ice is cold.
Cold is a subjective adjective and can't be true for everyone.
Yup.

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

This is not the most useless, pointless, and annoying thread over 15 pages long.
To you this apparently is, then go away.

leetkyle wrote:

He is ma chav

Zimmer wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

leetkyle is gay.
Moderator... http://forums.bf2s.com/misc.php?action=rules
15. Never engage in personal attacks. Ever.

Entertayner wrote:

General Knowledge:  leetkyle once had a girlfriend.
Yeah right... Do I really have to take that seriously
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard