Wild1234
+1|6720

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

bullshit we pay 50 buck for a fucking game then we should be allowed to do as we wish its our funcking game. We make the rules fuck you EA
Sorry to disagree (about the we make the rules part, agree with you on the rest), but you agreed to follow those rules when you rent a server, there are also other rules that you agree to when you purchase the game. Do I agree with them myself? NO! I think that if a server admin wants their server to be knife only then by all means let them. (Heck, knife only games can be some of the most fun games that you play) But the sad truth is you dont make the rules, you agreed to follow their rules when you clicked YES to the EULA upon installing the game.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6801|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Im not for nor against this, i just wanna add my 2 cents.

What if i dont rent a server, but instead use my own. Than whats EA gonna do if i decide to go pistols or knives only?
Hyper
Banned
+154|6785
it would not be a ranked server then
and it all becomes a non issue
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6758
SHould be some choice i think,i like to play on normal servers,but hey i think if your knife fiend then hey you should be able to go on a knife server...and on this thought...can all the bunny hopping twats all go on one sever and c4 and gl to their hearts content away from all the other players...kk thats my 2 cents
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6722
and why arent they allowed to have these servers? If its there server why cant they do what they want?
maddogjj
+3|6866|U S A

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

and why arent they allowed to have these servers? If its there server why cant they do what they want?
Well since i haven't seen it expalined i'll offer my two cets, they cant "do what they want" becasue EA is attempting to maintain the integreity and meaning of the game and the ranking system.   If we are not all held to the same standards then those standards (ranks, awards,etc) are meaningless.  And if this is too simple of an explanition for anyone, you should be playing on Unranked servers.
BeforeGod
+0|6849|British Columbia
No one is saying that knife only servers can't or shouldn't be allowed. If weird people want to ignore guns and vehicles then so be it, they only become a problem if it's a ranked server. If knife only places play any purpose other then stat padding then I'm sure there should be many unranked servers which encourage that sort of play.

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

bullshit we pay 50 buck for a fucking game then we should be allowed to do as we wish its our funcking game. We make the rules fuck you EA
Fight the power!
Wildbill100372
+1|6719
No one is saying you can't have a knife-only server, only a RANKED knife-only server. The ONLY reason to have a ranked knife-only server is to stat pad.
sniper7.xw
+1|6808
anyone who thinks knife only servers should be banned  cares way to much about stats and not enough about having fun with the game. knife servers are my favorite, they get you away from the apcs, tanks, GL's, bunny hoppers, and all that shit, its just straight hand to hand kick ass combat. IMO knife servers should be allowed, but of course, then all the fucking babies who care so much about their precious little stats would go nuts
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6803|Human Meat Shield
Never been in a knife only server but I realize it would be fun as hell, kinda like 'Fight Club'. I think it would be better not to have a knife badge then I would understand that it's not stat padding. I see someone with a knife out I pull mine out and go at it to only be shot by another person watching. Only one time was there any respect as 4 people were watching these other two go at it, once they were done everyone tubed one another. ( I was new, and I got GL'd, and on a 32 not full server) I've only played 2 not full 64 servers and I won't see a knife only server if I play full 64, it'd be stupid.
Wildbill100372
+1|6719

sniper7.xw wrote:

anyone who thinks knife only servers should be banned  cares way to much about stats and not enough about having fun with the game. knife servers are my favorite, they get you away from the apcs, tanks, GL's, bunny hoppers, and all that shit, its just straight hand to hand kick ass combat. IMO knife servers should be allowed, but of course, then all the fucking babies who care so much about their precious little stats would go nuts
I agree. Knife fights are great. I used to play all types of weird this-type-of-weapon-only games with Rainbow Six. Knife fights, pistol fights, shotgun fights.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6809|Noizyland

Playing in a knife only/pistol only server is cheating. Complete and utter cheating. If someone agrees with a mate that "I'll let you stab me seven times if I can stab you seven times," it is cheating/statpadding, and people do't stand for it. However, these servers are on a much larger scale, and make sure that the badges that us legitimate players work so hard for into meaningless graphics, like the Airbourne Ribbon.

Good work soadlink, make sure the nice folks at EA do something about this.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-01-19 17:22:04)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
sniper7.xw
+1|6808

Tyferra wrote:

Playing in a knife only/pistol only server is cheating. Complete and utter cheating. If someone agrees with a mate that "I'll let you stab me seven times if I can stab you seven times," it is cheating/statpadding, and people do't stand for it. However, these servers are on a much larger scale, and make sure that the badges that us legitimate players work so hard for into meaningless graphics, like the Airbourne Ribbon.

Good work soadlink, make sure the nice folks at EA do something about this.
"all the fucking babies who care so much about their precious little stats"

prime example, not everyone is concerned about the stats and badges, i wasn't concerned about that when i played Joint Ops knife only servers and i am still not concerned, they are meant to have fun
soadlink
+2|6755

RDMC wrote:

soadlink wrote:

Report it to EA, play at it, laugh at it, whatever.... but I found a knife only server: http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … 195:16567/

And there's actually people playing at it right now, and they have admins enforcing the knife only rules, and the people actually do follow the rules.

I wonder how long before it gets shut down.
Pffff.. dammit yur such a noob..'' Report it to EA'' damn.. have no words to describe this post..
And I have no words to describe your post as it made NO sense
Rathji
+1|6717
I actually had my first real knife on knife fight yesterday and it owned. I like the idea of a server like this, although I do agree that having it ranked kinda kills the meaning of any badge you got from it. Hey if you wanna sit there and get a buncha badges for nothing, feel free. I try and get them as a challange for myself, not because I care what someone else thinks about my profile or the badges I have.
Wildbill100372
+1|6719
I want a shock paddles only server.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

sniper7.xw wrote:

Blah blah blah so you don't give a fuck? Then how does it concern you if you have to play unranked so you can get your 'kick ass hand to hand combat'? Or are you one of those babies?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

i would love to hear that sound, the sound of 64 knives stabbing thru the air
WU551E
+0|6728|Hell, or close it it anyway
I just got done playing on that server.  Got both knife and pistol badges.  They switch between the two.  To keep things close togeather it's a 16 player server.  Pretty fun if you ask me.  Honestly I don't see the problem with this.  I know it can be a form of stat padding, but if it's available to eveyone, well wtf?
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6796

Wild1234 wrote:

gblanco wrote:

A lot of people say knife/pistol servers are prohibited.
Where is the letter from EA about this ?
http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … .php?t=251

Rule E:
e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
This rules are written for people renting a server in bf2rankedservers.com promoted by planet combat.

So, all depends on where you rent a server.

Give me a link to EA.com for "official rules" prohibiting the use of knives only.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

yea thats padding
i made a wiki bout it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stat_padding
Wildbill100372
+1|6719

gblanco wrote:

Wild1234 wrote:

gblanco wrote:

Rule E:
e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
This rules are written for people renting a server in bf2rankedservers.com promoted by planet combat.

Give me a link to EA.com for "official rules" prohibiting the use of knives only.
EA cracks down on Battlefield 2 stat-padding
Sep 1, 2005

In the world of online gaming, where many view levels and rankings as the final word on what a person's existence is worth, it's all too common to find gamers exploiting whatever bugs, loopholes, or design oversights they can find in order to get a leg up on the competition and some cold, hard evidence of superiority as a life-form.

One recent example is a rash of stats-padding instances in Electronic Arts' online first-person shooter Battlefield 2. An e-mail sent to ranked server providers earlier this week from EA employee Colin Clarke (a primary tester on Battlefield 2) addressed the issue. "We have noticed an increase in behavior where leased servers are being used by clans solely to pad players' stats," Clark wrote, "even to the extent where clans are institutionalizing rules that forbid normal play."

The exploit du jour is to set up a ranked server and advertise informal rules where players use only knives and pistols and revive each other while not taking flags. The end result is that this gameplay style accumulates statistics kept by the game at a greater rate than normal play. This makes players rise in rank more quickly, which in turn gives them quicker access to the game's unlockable weapons and a greater priority when multiple players vie for the commander position in a game.

Clarke says that creates an imbalance in the ranked server playing field and cites it as a violation of the game's terms of service. As a result, EA is taking action against the offenders involved. Anyone caught on such a server will have his or her stats stripped, and accounts sharing that person's clan tag will be examined for anomalous stats.

Since there are multiple server-hosting companies running ranked servers, EA is working with providers to enforce these rules. Among these services is GameSpot's own GameCenter subscription service, which lets gamers launch Battlefield 2 ranked servers among other features as part of a $9.95 monthly fee. Game exploits are prohibited by the GameCenter terms of use, and action is being taken against abusing EA's stats system in GameCenter servers.

If you want to excel at Battlefield 2 legitimately, check out GameSpot's complete game guide.
devilcat
+7|6725

Wildbill100372 wrote:

gblanco wrote:

Wild1234 wrote:

gblanco wrote:

Rule E:

EA cracks down on Battlefield 2 stat-padding
Sep 1, 2005

In the world of online gaming, where many view levels and rankings as the final word on what a person's existence is worth, it's all too common to find gamers exploiting whatever bugs, loopholes, or design oversights they can find in order to get a leg up on the competition and some cold, hard evidence of superiority as a life-form.

One recent example is a rash of stats-padding instances in Electronic Arts' online first-person shooter Battlefield 2. An e-mail sent to ranked server providers earlier this week from EA employee Colin Clarke (a primary tester on Battlefield 2) addressed the issue. "We have noticed an increase in behavior where leased servers are being used by clans solely to pad players' stats," Clark wrote, "even to the extent where clans are institutionalizing rules that forbid normal play."

The exploit du jour is to set up a ranked server and advertise informal rules where players use only knives and pistols and revive each other while not taking flags. The end result is that this gameplay style accumulates statistics kept by the game at a greater rate than normal play. This makes players rise in rank more quickly, which in turn gives them quicker access to the game's unlockable weapons and a greater priority when multiple players vie for the commander position in a game.

Clarke says that creates an imbalance in the ranked server playing field and cites it as a violation of the game's terms of service. As a result, EA is taking action against the offenders involved. Anyone caught on such a server will have his or her stats stripped, and accounts sharing that person's clan tag will be examined for anomalous stats.

Since there are multiple server-hosting companies running ranked servers, EA is working with providers to enforce these rules. Among these services is GameSpot's own GameCenter subscription service, which lets gamers launch Battlefield 2 ranked servers among other features as part of a $9.95 monthly fee. Game exploits are prohibited by the GameCenter terms of use, and action is being taken against abusing EA's stats system in GameCenter servers.

If you want to excel at Battlefield 2 legitimately, check out GameSpot's complete game guide.
you know what, clan controlled servers are very biased, EA should put there billions down on the table and offer ranked servers with unbiased admins, it really gets me po'ed when Im on s server and a clan or admin starts to dictate my game play, its like playing saddam or something like that
Adam5286
+0|6711|CapeCod, MA USA
hey i got my vet knife  without tryen  so i guess it isnt as hard as it sounds   i was at a 64 karkand and the main fight was at the square  i ran out of ammo and just jumped into a croud of about 8 mec lieing down shooting    now there was a medic  reviving the dead ones   as i ran around trying to kill the medic  i knifed who ever he revived and   i was legitimatly trying to knife the medic until i realized wow this is soo easy   i got about 9 knife kills in a row and the people who saw it on the top were asking me how the fuck i got soo many knifes in a row, which if i saw it i wouldnt belive it either   i simply replied    "followed around a medic it,   It was like sex"  haha they loved that
wonkey20
+18|6743
Hummmmmmm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard