So the G36C is more accurate

Deviation Added Per Shot - Lower is better

SCAR-L - 0.23
G36C - 0.20

So the G36C has more stability.

Recoil - Lower is better

SCAR-L: 0.3 - 0.5
G36C: 0.2 - 0.4

Everything else for both weapons is the same.  So why exactly would someone unlock this thing?  For the laser scope?  Doesn't sound like a good reason to me.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-19 15:59:27)

Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6794
Some people feel more comfortable when using it, and can get more kills regardless as they've learned how to use it.  But for me, I'll stick with the G36C, as Im much more able with it, and I feel more comfortable in my Spec Ops role.
Its up to the user and if they can use it or have the abilities.  Some would say why unlock the MP7?  Again, its just player preference.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

for the sight
SSgt_Mo
+0|6688
Some people prefer the laser scope as opposed to iron sights.  Preference choice.....Just that simple I think.
fungus020
+0|6781|London - England
i unlocked it and i find that i NEVER use it. i much prefer the iron sights on the G36 i find it to be more accurate and just better in general
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
I agree. Why oh Why unlock this piece of shit. Unfortunately it was my first unlock when I got SF. I haven't used it since.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

its quiet. i regret unlocking it.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6693
Sounds like the SCAR-L is just for noobs who can't aim with an ironsight.  Kinda sad really, because if they were able to, they would get a lot more kills.
Poofy
+0|6681|Pennsylvania
SCAR-L does slightly more damage, so I consider it to be a cross between the M4 and the AK74SU, unlike the G36C which is in a league of it's own.

I prefer SCAR over the 6C if I'm going to get involved with QCC, but other than that, I'll taking the 6C's superior accuracy.

I unlocked the gun, but never use it. Don't really resent it, it's just like half my other unlocks, I rarely feel the desire to use it.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6716|England, UK
The scope makes it a lot easier to make longer distance shots. I'd pick the SCAR over the G36 anyday. To me it just feels like a much more comfortable weapon to use.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6794
To be honest, the best thing I tend to do for the kits with all the unlocks is to rotate every so often.  Yesterday for the first time in ages I used the M4 for spec ops, and it was brilliant.  Missed how good that gun actually was.  Every gun is balanced to do different things, and the Spec Ops are all different dependent on the situation, with the M4 and the SCAR-L suited to long range where as the G36C comes in a league of its own in short to medium, and can be quite useful at long.

Its not the size that matters, its how you use it!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
the only time i like it is on the night maps in SF because i cant always see the iron sights in dark areas. other than that, always g36c.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6752
Why would you unlock the SCAR-L

1: its quiet.
2: although 100% eqaul to the iron sights the red dot is just plain cooler.
3: When you change to your main weapon from c4/grenades you don't have to wait for the stock to unfold.
4: According to UBAR it does more dmg (making easier to kill the enemy who just fell and scraped his knee)

Regardless of how awesome both the SCAR-L and the G36C are the G36K is better (why can't we unlock it??)
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6794

the_ubernoob_ wrote:

Regardless of how awesome both the SCAR-L and the G36C are the G36K is better (why can't we unlock it??)
Yeah, thats what I would have liked, but I suppose EA didnt want a similar weapon in the exact same kit.  G36C and G36K?  They wouldnt do it, which is a real shame.
Johnthegreg
+1|6732

Paladus902 wrote:

To be honest, the best thing I tend to do for the kits with all the unlocks is to rotate every so often.  Yesterday for the first time in ages I used the M4 for spec ops, and it was brilliant.  Missed how good that gun actually was.  Every gun is balanced to do different things, and the Spec Ops are all different dependent on the situation, with the M4 and the SCAR-L suited to long range where as the G36C comes in a league of its own in short to medium, and can be quite useful at long.

Its not the size that matters, its how you use it!
I agree.  I have used The SCAR-L quite alot, but yesterday I went with the G36C and realized how much I missed it.  I have had good and bad games w/ both guns.  I find that if I am having a bad round I'll either change kits or guns within kits.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6752
burst and auto both have their roles that they work best in.

why pick one when we can forget about single shot and get both??

use auto for the fights where you round the corner and bump into the enemy.  Use burst for ranged shots with iron sight (with single shot you might hit the guy 2-3 times before he gets to cover and you can waste a whole clip trying to hit him with full auto...but with burst the guy is dead after 2 bursts)
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica
cos its good?
ArkAng37
+1|6853|San Antonio, TX
The SCAR is the best spec ops weapon yet. With a few bursts a guy will die. With the G36C it takes a lot more then a couple of bursts. Ammo is good!
./KRUX
+1|6745|Austin Texas
why is this in BF2 chatter should be in SF chatter....anyways the Sights on the scar are nice on night maps.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

i love the g36e. i just wish it had full auto, instead of burst. maybe it could have auto and burst, kinda like the mg36.
slidero
It's pretty crappy and I'd take the g36c any day.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6696
Maybe its just me but i dont like this weapon when ever im using i feel weak all of a sudden maybe its just the sound from the weapon or what but unless im prone far away in iron sights it seems crappy for a fight in close or anything.

I feel alot better holding a SCAR not to mention it looks and sounds alot better and has a scope.

So i guess it doesnt matter really but i like the SCAR better
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6693|Seattle

ryan_14 wrote:

i love the g36e. i just wish it had full auto, instead of burst. maybe it could have auto and burst, kinda like the mg36.
The g36k is basically the g36e with full auto/burst.

Too bad you can't unlock it
Wildbill100372
+1|6693
I don't know about anyone else, but I REALLY like the M4.
P3R3K
+0|6687
I like the scar l alot when i picked it up at shaqi, directly after i picked it up a vodnik started shooting at me and I took him out. Headshot thru the gap in the turret.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard