Poll

Do U Drive With Both Feet In An Automatic Car

Yes, One For Gas And One For Break12%12% - 2
No, Just One Foot For Both Gas And Break87%87% - 14
Total: 16
KnifeWhore
+1|6770|USA
Ok i have been driving for the last year and i have alweys used both feet i just now find out that NO ONE DIRVE WITH ONE FOOT i never thought of it if any thing i thought it whould be half and half wow was i wrong. Right now im taking drivers ED at school and they make us drive with one foot so i say ok isn't that hard but i dont like it. Then i ask my friends if they drive with 2 feet like me just being curious and they freak out on me calling me a retard ect..  I'm like why the hell not it's easier people tell me its the wrong way to drive, well thats my style of driving and and every one else can kiss my ass.
Erkut.hv
+124|6752|California
One foot only mayng. Plus, it's harder to get blown in a car if you're using both feet to drive.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

One foot.......WTF does this have to do with BF2?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6803

driving with both feet on an automatic = BAD
wears out your breaks and the whole powertrain.
KnifeWhore
+1|6770|USA
ok i dont rest my foot on the break i just use my left foot insted of switching its easier. i must be one in a million.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6769
lol never... Why? In emergency your brain will react automaticly, so you will have 2 possibilities:
1. You will not quick enough, because brain signal will stuck between left and right foot, so you will choose longer which foot to use to hit brakes ( lol sounds kinda weird i know)

2. You will press both gas and brake, so you will not stop quickly  (if this is the right word)

I know it sounds weird but its all about reflexes.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-01-19 14:50:30)

the_ubernoob_
+8|6761
I drive with one foot.  Although I really don't think it matters much if you use your left foot to break as long as you don't press both pedals down at once (Although I do drive golf carts and go carts with both feet.....)
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6744|Debris From Space
I use my keyboard.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6762|Houston, TX
Bad idea, drive with one foot.  see Doc battlefield's post. He speaks the truth.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6751|In a van down by the river
who the hell drives cars with both feet?
priznat
+0|6864
It's BRAKE dammit, jesus people..

And wtf does this have to do with bf2?
KnifeWhore
+1|6770|USA

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

lol never... Why? In emergency your brain will react automaticly, so you will have 2 possibilities:
1. You will not quick enough, because brain signal will stuck between left and right foot, so you will choose longer which foot to use to hit brakes ( lol sounds kinda weird i know)

2. You will press both gas and brake, so you will not stop quickly  (if this is the right word)

I know it sounds weird but its all about reflexes.
ok well if u freak out and just press your feet down to stop u with only hit gas if u r only using 1 foot then your in a mess if u use both at least u will hit break 2 i dont know y people keep saying that THINK IT OUT. Also, im not stupid even in emergencys i can think clearly and if u drive with both feet long anuff u get uset to left foot break right foot gas and u shouldnt have to think. I'm srry i just find it stupid to use 1 foot when u have 2.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6769
Lol I was thinking that I can control emergencies too ... but it was before. Once I parked on the hill, came out of the car, but something happend and brakes turns off. And what do you think? My first reaction: I'm trying to stop the car using my arms and muscle power lol, instead of jut hop in and hit the brakes. Well its kinda not related with both foot driving, but its well related with reflexes in emergencies.

btw I didnt say or mean somptin about you. Some people can control them very well. But nobody knows when sht will happen.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6762|Houston, TX
You've never been in a really disasterous autowreck have you?  There isn't enough time for you to react, respond, or even enough time to have a solid flashback.  The human body has to do an action some 10,000 times before it becomes response.  In the heat of the moment, your chances of correctly thinking "Don't slam the gas, slam the brake" are pretty slim.  You use only one foot so as to help minimize the chance of slamming the wrong one.  Slamming both can have bad effect on your car.  Not as bad as wrecking into something, but if you don't have a wreck, you can damage your engine, strain your brakes, blah blah blah...

Besides, if you enjoy driving with two feet, learn a standard.  They are tons more fun to drive anyway...
Nothing beats dropping the hammer in a 911 turbo and feeling your stomach try to escape through the back of your ribcage as you hit 80 mph in 2nd gear.  VA VA VOOM BABY!
*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6719|Phoenix Arizona

idiotofwar wrote:

I use my keyboard.
LMAO  SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

I Have been driving "2 footed" for 20 yrs and have never worn out my powertrain OR brakes prematurely,being a professional auto tech i learned a long time ago how to use both smoothly and have AVOIDED many accidents because of it... also if you have a broken right leg in a full cast  it was soooo much easier to use both feet as dragging and swiviling your hips was a MAJOR pain trying to get my right leg to the brake pedal
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

So in BF2 is your fingers on W and S all the time when in a vehicle?
Rosse_modest
+76|6793|Antwerp, Flanders
Just what percentage of cars in the US are automatic?
D-Klaus
+1|6706
Nothing worse than following someone down the road with their brakelights on constantly.  Even when going uphill or pulling away from a stoplight.  Idiots.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

idiotofwar wrote:

I use my keyboard.
Is your last name Hawking?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Rosse_modest wrote:

Just what percentage of cars in the US are automatic?
Just a guess, I would say 80%
alf.ha
+5|6757|Berlin/Germany
My tip: Use a manual gear! Then u don't have that problem and in my opinion it's more fun to drive manually.

And I don't advise you to use both feet in an automatic. Therefore I have the same reasons as Dr.Battlefield and the others.
[1MI]CriticalFailure
+0|6798|Wisco
Mechanics call two-foot drivers "Left-Footed Brakers." They wear the hell out of their brakes because the usually don't fully release one pedal before using the other.  Also if your driving down the street behind someone whose brake lights flicker on and off, you're behind a left-footer resting his foot on the brake.
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6793|Scotland!!!
KnifeWhore - you posted this in "not bf2, not bf2s" forum to, an since this got nothin to do with bf2 ill close this one, carry on the topic in the other forum plz

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewpoll.php?id=10995

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard