Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

s4vior6 wrote:

Stop whining stef.

Know your role, shut your mouth and spawn as a damn AT kit. If you can't destroy that tank, stop playing, logout, disconnect and start crying
STFU tank whore.

That AT kit is a piece of shit, and it is possibly the most boring thing to use in the whole game.  The AT rockets are more effective on infantry than on tanks.  It takes 4 rockets to kill a tank, and an engineer can repair a tank faster than 2 AT's can destroy it.  So if your team has 2 tanks with engineers in them, they can just repair each other forever and never die.

If you spawn as AT, you better hope nothing sees you, because AT can only get kills if the target isn't looking at you.  The DOA is only useful in close range, so you have to SNEAK up on your target.  The AT rockets take so long to kill a tank, you have to SNEAK up to kill a tank.  Direct confrontation is suicide.  What a load of shit!  BF2 isn't fucking splinter cell.  I should atleast stand a CHANCE in direct confrontation situations.  Might as well give the AT camoflauge like the snipers get to help them hide better.
shspunkrockr
+0|6751

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

stef wrote:

EA must be out of their mind cause now you cant do the c4-trick neither use the nadelauncher without it now having more reduced damage but what about tanks they still have the same strong weapons and still have the strong shield so whats up with that. EA saw that nadenoobing was a problem and I agree it is but the c4-trick is not that bad. I think tanknoobs are by far the biggets problem with this game they are to strong and camp. today i went and played strike and this guy was always in a tank and he camped and camped and killed my mates so i used the c4-trick which EA should keep cause now anti-tankers has the only good weapon to destroy them with and you have to shoot 3 or 4 rockets thats to much if you ask me so i would be glad to see that the tank would get weaker but i doubt that EA is gonna make this come true. In the real world you most certainly dont have to use two pieces of c4 to destroy a tank neither 3 or 4 rookets cause remember they are really strong weapons.
I agree 100% with you.

The tank machine gun should be WAY less accurate and powerful, and the main cannon should have a much smaller area of effect.  The area of effect should be just a little bigger than the AT rocket area of effect.

As for the APC, all of them need smaller area of effects for all of their weapons, and a slower rate of fire for the main cannon.  The ROF should be 1/3 to 1/2 as fast as it is now.
1: The coaxiel on the tank is not too powerful, it is a 50 cal. 2: The main gun on the tank is if anything UNDERPOWERED, a helicopter in real life could not withstand a shot from an M1, let alone some of the shots from a 50 cal.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683
Gameplay > Realism jackass

This is a GAME, not a combat simulator or real life.  I have enough problems in real life, I don't need more problems from a game.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-19 13:02:37)

shspunkrockr
+0|6751

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

This is a GAME, not a combat simulator or real life.  I have enough problems in real life, I don't need more problems from a game.
No, I never said anything about changing the gameplay, I'm just saying that you have it all wrong, and if you're getting owned by a tank, then fucking do something about it, instead of sitting there whining about it, put c4 on it, use mines, use rockets, even use GLs or frags if you need to, but just stop whining and kill it, and that goes for all of you.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6750
Dont forget that BF2 isnt a simulator. Its arcade+simulator, but I would say more arcade. So dont expect real life in BF2, cuz in real life you can die from each scratch . About Machineguuns accuracy: turret main gun and machinegun are mostly controlled by computer navigation systems, all you need is just pull the trigger. Overall I like BF2 the way it is. If I want some reality I would go play Oper Flashpoint, or sumptin like that. Ahh AT rockets, well kinda suck but all real armor are modified to protect the crew even from the 120mm shell ht. But I would say 2 Rockets should be enough to make tank burn, and 2 of them should be enough to blow up APC( not burn it)

EA changes sumptin not because they want it. They do it because the majority of players (majority of us I would say) ask about it. And EA could care less.

GL HF

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-01-19 13:19:26)

Spetz
+1|6673
ok the anti tank class does not use a true anti tank weapon, if it did the tank would be destroyed in one hit not to mention the real anti tank missile launchers found in real life are unbelievebly big for one soldier to carry around, the missile you have are assult weapons better used against cars and stuff, also two of those SRAWS to the inner part of the tank track destroys it. quit bitching about tank, its really sad and useless if your friends arent smart enough to all go at class, because i know trying to shoot 4 guys with at all at once is kinda hard

as for APC's in real life they dont do splash dammage like that but the weapon they use "bushmaster chain gun" is extremly accuarate and fast firing

wouldnt mind seeing EA implement an m2a2 in bf2

EDIT: some guy says "tanks have 3 men crew so they will spot you easy if you will try to c4 em"

ever been in a tank? its an enclosed vehicle and it doesnt have windows on its rear or side, the guy sitting on the top might spot you but you could easily shoot him the driver is focused on the road, and the cannon fella is busy doing cannon stuff

Last edited by Spetz (2006-01-19 13:16:18)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6750
^
^
^
Nicely put

Ah about crew, and spotting and stuff. In real life no1 is trying to put c4 on tank which is moving

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-01-19 13:18:43)

Zukabazuka
+23|6684

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

s4vior6 wrote:

Stop whining stef.

Know your role, shut your mouth and spawn as a damn AT kit. If you can't destroy that tank, stop playing, logout, disconnect and start crying
STFU tank whore.

That AT kit is a piece of shit, and it is possibly the most boring thing to use in the whole game.  The AT rockets are more effective on infantry than on tanks.  It takes 4 rockets to kill a tank, and an engineer can repair a tank faster than 2 AT's can destroy it.  So if your team has 2 tanks with engineers in them, they can just repair each other forever and never die.

If you spawn as AT, you better hope nothing sees you, because AT can only get kills if the target isn't looking at you.  The DOA is only useful in close range, so you have to SNEAK up on your target.  The AT rockets take so long to kill a tank, you have to SNEAK up to kill a tank.  Direct confrontation is suicide.  What a load of shit!  BF2 isn't fucking splinter cell.  I should atleast stand a CHANCE in direct confrontation situations.  Might as well give the AT camoflauge like the snipers get to help them hide better.
my my, you barely played AT I see, Yes a tank can take a total of 4 hits BUT IT CAN ALSO BE KILLED IN 2 HITS. Aim at the top of the tank or at the front of the wheel like this http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/ataim.jpg
shspunkrockr
+0|6751

Spetz wrote:

ok the anti tank class does not use a true anti tank weapon, if it did the tank would be destroyed in one hit not to mention the real anti tank missile launchers found in real life are unbelievebly big for one soldier to carry around, the missile you have are assult weapons better used against cars and stuff, also two of those SRAWS to the inner part of the tank track destroys it. quit bitching about tank, its really sad and useless if your friends arent smart enough to all go at class, because i know trying to shoot 4 guys with at all at once is kinda hard

as for APC's in real life they dont do splash dammage like that but the weapon they use "bushmaster chain gun" is extremly accuarate and fast firing

wouldnt mind seeing EA implement an m2a2 in bf2

EDIT: some guy says "tanks have 3 men crew so they will spot you easy if you will try to c4 em"

ever been in a tank? its an enclosed vehicle and it doesnt have windows on its rear or side, the guy sitting on the top might spot you but you could easily shoot him the driver is focused on the road, and the cannon fella is busy doing cannon stuff
Actually, yes they do do splash damage, it's a 25 mm HE round.
stef
+-6|6747
and to you guys that says i am crying you can go to he-ll i aint crying i am just saying that its unfair and you know that tanks are getting stronger and infant´ry is getting weaker. and i think you dont have balls if you are spending your entire day inside a tank get your as-ses out and fight like men its not my problem that you dont have balls to fight against men with your rifle. a synonym for tanknoobs is bit-ches and you can just say that we are just a bunch of cryers cause you are in the tank safe and cosy so get your as-ses out and fight like soldiers.
shspunkrockr
+0|6751

stef wrote:

and to you guys that says i am crying you can go to he-ll i aint crying i am just saying that its unfair and you know that tanks are getting stronger and infant´ry is getting weaker. and i think you dont have balls if you are spending your entire day inside a tank get your as-ses out and fight like men its not my problem that you dont have balls to fight against men with your rifle. a synonym for tanknoobs is bit-ches and you can just say that we are just a bunch of cryers cause you are in the tank safe and cosy so get your as-ses out and fight like soldiers.
It's a fucking video game, calm down.
DeZwarteMaan
+10|6671|Texas

stef wrote:

EA must be out of their mind cause now you cant do the c4-trick neither use the nadelauncher without it now having more reduced damage but what about tanks they still have the same strong weapons and still have the strong shield so whats up with that. EA saw that nadenoobing was a problem and I agree it is but the c4-trick is not that bad. I think tanknoobs are by far the biggets problem with this game they are to strong and camp. today i went and played strike and this guy was always in a tank and he camped and camped and killed my mates so i used the c4-trick which EA should keep cause now anti-tankers has the only good weapon to destroy them with and you have to shoot 3 or 4 rockets thats to much if you ask me so i would be glad to see that the tank would get weaker but i doubt that EA is gonna make this come true. In the real world you most certainly dont have to use two pieces of c4 to destroy a tank neither 3 or 4 rookets cause remember they are really strong weapons.
Time               Kills
Anti-tank     115:22:16       4,764
Armor           96:52:06       5,363
C4                16:13:28          640
Ground Def    09:54:42          671     <TOW>
AT Mine         04:11:46          268

I play both Tank style and Tank busting. Equally good at both. I take tanks solo with Antitanking, but its twice as fast if I get teamwork involved. A lot of my C4 kills are tanks and these are mostly sneaking up and placing the C4 on unsuspecting drivers. They see me.. back up and boom.  I'll admit to 1/3rd of my C4 being c4 over walls to get flag defend points and C4 GIJoe Jyhad car bombing runs to take out tanks that were "Camping".

I dont make the most points in my squad. I often make 6-12 points in a round because I DO work teamwork and I go for the wins. But my job is simple. Nullify the enemy armor.. and I'm damn good at it.

I looked at an earlier post and saw people complaining about Tank campers. Phft.. grow some gonads and develop tactics. These changes in patch 1.2 arent going to affect my ability to remove tanks.. they might make me adjust my tactics.. but I'll still be taking tanks off the maps.

I used to be able to throw a At mine 3-4 meters <over a wall too> and land that baby on the tank. they'd drive a little and pow. Dead tank. Nothing like Chunking C4 in melee combat <hard to do without dying. I dont complain when its done to me. Hats off to them

I wont be able to run up to a tank and booby trap it with an AT mmine anymore. used to need to jump up to toss it high enough to be on the tank and unnoticable. Guess I need to crawl under them now. Or jump on top of tank to place them.  Plane trapping was fun too. never worked on helicopters. Very odd.. slips right off..

Used to be that Mines you had to wrench them 3-4 times to get the mine into the inventory. Now you can just pick them up with a 'G' command?!?!?.. I think all devices should have a disable timing... cant instantly pick up someones explosive.. lest it explode in your pocket

This is what I wish EA would do.

All this wimpering over Tanks and how they will dominate. I'm a 1 man Tank busting machine. When I get a crew to assist we can dominate the tanks. heck I remember 1 map I was next to a Tow.. a Tank and 2 APC's rolled up. I had an APC near a Tow. I popped the nearest APC with a rocket. jumped out and jhid behind the apc. it exploded I ducked out and shot APc.. dead. Jumped into TOW. Blam.. tank dead from single TOW hit. jumped out shot the other APc rolling in to get a shot on me.. cruved around the box <this is Karkand at square>. Shot APC again.. popped into TOW and wasted the APC. Dont look at this as bragging.. and yes.. this is a common event for me. I learned the weaknesses of the Armor and bust them very regularly.

This should be an example.. dont wimper that you cant throw C4.. phft.. I love hiding C4 on a lamp post where noone see's it. Tank drives by .. or better yet. tank and APC engineers side by side gunning the street. As they pass.. KABOOM.. dead convoy.

Spec ops isnt about hand to hand removing tanks.. its a lifestyle of sneaking and coersion. I might not make tons of points in every map. I have had my 155 point games but I have 6 point games where I did nothing but TOW and AT tanks only to help my armor divisions waste them down.

Adapt.. dont complain.

Last edited by DeZwarteMaan (2006-01-19 14:03:18)

Spetz
+1|6673
ohh i see its a 25 mm HE round which american apc's dont carry, lol the bushmaster chain gun carrier AP and HV rounds plus High Explosive rounds are incendintary bullets desinged for use against high altitude targets and shooting the foundations on buildings

HV= high velocity, around 11,000 feet per second, also as fast as metal storm bullets
AP= Armour piercing, tip is specialy pointed for direct hits against armour not indirect

bf2 apc will be using AP or Hv shots HE wont do shit to a tank other than make the gunner go hey wtf let shoot him
shspunkrockr
+0|6751

Spetz wrote:

ohh i see its a 25 mm HE round which american apc's dont carry, lol the bushmaster chain gun carrier AP and HV rounds plus High Explosive rounds are incendintary bullets desinged for use against high altitude targets and shooting the foundations on buildings

HV= high velocity, around 11,000 feet per second, also as fast as metal storm bullets
AP= Armour piercing, tip is specialy pointed for direct hits against armour not indirect

bf2 apc will be using AP or Hv shots HE wont do shit to a tank other than make the gunner go hey wtf let shoot him
"American APCs", that term is way too general, and yes, they do carry HE, and yes, they do fragment, and yes they do splash damage, and yes, they will do some damage to a tank.
Spetz
+1|6673
woops thats supposed to be 4,100 feet per second.

BF2 is not about lone soldiers the game has squads
squads are meant to bring teamwork
now lets say out of a 6 man team 2 people go AT when a tank appears, two at rockets to the tank track drops 3/4 of the tank around from one missile soo even if an engywas repairing they could not stop it from exploding.

HE rounds are found on TANKS and BATTLESHIPS

tanks use SABOT and HE or HEAT
Spetz
+1|6673
ohh geeze shspunkrockr, soo your saying a 25mm cannon can fire a HE round which only come in 50mm 55mm 70mm 100mm 120mm 125mm and 150mm

if you wana contest this tell me your degree is weapons engineering

mine is 4 years ADFA masters in weapons engineering.

EDIT: also your saying a supposed 25mm HE round which is about the length of an average persons hand can pierce a 69 tonne tank with 6 inch thick steel and another 4 inch layer of shockResistance metal.
plus HE rounds are fired at low velocity, somewhere in the 600-1000 feet per second

Last edited by Spetz (2006-01-19 14:22:33)

thinner44
+1|6808

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

stef wrote:

I agree 100% with you.

The tank machine gun should be WAY less accurate and powerful, and the main cannon should have a much smaller area of effect.  .
...... and the knives are too sharp and should be replaced with feathers, and planes fly too high and should skirt along the ground, and the fact that jeeps have nasty metal bumpers that can kill if you're run over....they should be replaced by... sponge. And I hate the fact that bullets are also metal and can kill outright... If I had my way, all bullets would be made from styrofoam. ANd have you noticed the metal pins on the badges and ribbons, god they hurt when you're awarded one, pins should be replaced with glue.

Ok, would that make you and stef happy
shspunkrockr
+0|6751

Spetz wrote:

woops thats supposed to be 4,100 feet per second.

BF2 is not about lone soldiers the game has squads
squads are meant to bring teamwork
now lets say out of a 6 man team 2 people go AT when a tank appears, two at rockets to the tank track drops 3/4 of the tank around from one missile soo even if an engywas repairing they could not stop it from exploding.

HE rounds are found on TANKS and BATTLESHIPS

tanks use SABOT and HE or HEAT
We're not talking about tanks, we're talking about the 25mm Bushmaster on the LAV/Bradley.
Spetz
+1|6673
acctualy were talking about the rounds the bushmaster can fire, ohh yeah HE rounds are also on some AA guns

the fact is HE shells arent desinged to do dammage to a tank, and i dont think EA would have fucked this fact up, people seem to think the shells APC fire in BF2 are HE but there not due to the fact you can dammage a tankw hich makes them HV or AP

another thing HE shells when they explode people within 5 feet get hit but in bf2 where they fire AP or HV its splash is only within 2 feet

OHH onto another thing why the fuk do APC's have TOW missiles?
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

shspunkrockr wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

No, I never said anything about changing the gameplay, I'm just saying that you have it all wrong, and if you're getting owned by a tank, then fucking do something about it, instead of sitting there whining about it, put c4 on it, use mines, use rockets, even use GLs or frags if you need to, but just stop whining and kill it, and that goes for all of you.
MUCH easier said than done pal.  Im not saying its impossible to kill a tank.  I am saying that tanks are way overpowered, even though they take about one tenth the skill it takes to use a gun.  If killing a tank was as easy as you claim it is, then tanks wouldn't be whored, or even touched for that matter.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-19 14:40:15)

Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

Zukabazuka wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

s4vior6 wrote:

Stop whining stef.

STFU tank whore.

my my, you barely played AT I see, Yes a tank can take a total of 4 hits BUT IT CAN ALSO BE KILLED IN 2 HITS. Aim at the top of the tank or at the front of the wheel like this http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/ataim.jpg
EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER KNOWS ABOUT THIS, YOU THINK I WOULDN'T FOR SOME REASON?  Once again, easier said than done.  The hitbox on the tank tread is so small, if you hit it, its mostly because you lucked out, or the tank was not moving.  Its even harder with lag.  Even if you hit them on the tread, 90% of the time it doesn't register anyway.

And anyway, you have to consider that it takes about 10 times more skill to kill a tank than it does for it to kill you.  Yet, the tank is probably the second or third most powerful weapon in the game.  Where is the logic in this?  Things that are harder to use are less effective?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-19 14:51:26)

Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683

thinner44 wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

stef wrote:

I agree 100% with you.

The tank machine gun should be WAY less accurate and powerful, and the main cannon should have a much smaller area of effect.  .
...... and the knives are too sharp and should be replaced with feathers, and planes fly too high and should skirt along the ground, and the fact that jeeps have nasty metal bumpers that can kill if you're run over....they should be replaced by... sponge. And I hate the fact that bullets are also metal and can kill outright... If I had my way, all bullets would be made from styrofoam. ANd have you noticed the metal pins on the badges and ribbons, god they hurt when you're awarded one, pins should be replaced with glue.

Ok, would that make you and stef happy
Genuine FPS noob right here folks.  I bet the only thing he uses is the tank, because he sucks so much, he needs a huge advantage to get kills.  If the tank was balanced, he would scream and cry because he wouldn't be able to kill anyone anymore.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6750
Tank is overpovered only if its near the spawn point. Otherways tank is ok. But if you will make tank weaker it will be the moving metal grave lol.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6744|Somewhere in NYC
Sh4rkb1t3, im not a tank whore. I take the tank when I can.

And I don't see any problems with the vehicles.

Oh, and please don't tell me to STFU. I voice my opinions, you don't have to care.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
Any one who gets killed by a tank will piss and moan about being killed because they couldnt do anything.

Remember Anti tank = taking out tanks = rocket launcher
Special Ops = C4 lure the tank bye bye tank
Enginer = Anti Tank Mines = run over it bye bye tank.

Other classes = you cant do shit and no you dont get to turn into superman or the hulk and rip the tank apart deal with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard