Vydran
+0|6252
Alright let me get started by stating my stats

(CPU) E6300 Intel Core 2 Duo
(Graphics Card) EVGA 8800 GTX
(Mobo) MB ASUS P5N-E SLI NF650I SLI 775
(RAM) 2 Gigs of DDR2 G-Skill

Alright I think thats pretty basic overlay. So let me get started. When I install the game it works fine, I can play single player without problems. Now obviously I need the update (1.20) so I DL it and run it. (Update Failed!) All I get is a message saying that the patching has failed and the patch ends saying that I successfully install the patch... odd. So thinking that it actually worked I get on BF 2142 and log on normally, but when I try to go to the malty player screen it intently sends me to the desktop (crash) and when I try to play single player it crashes as well. Thinking I just got a bad version of the patch I re-download the patch (It's the full version just so you know) Still I get the same problem so I re-download from another source (the actual BF2142 website) but yet I get the same problem. I re-install the whole game and try again with the patch I DL'ed from the 2142 website but yet it doesn't work, and it seems completely random when it wants to fail, sometimes it will get pretty far in and install process before it fails. THEN I get all the way in there thinking it actually going to complete BUT NO it just freezes for a second and crashes, this time without even giving me a "Update Failed" pop up. So having no clue what the problem is I try to find the problem over the internet but so far I am unlucky on this. SO please help me out here, and if you need any more info please ask.

P.S. I tried finding the error report by putting BF2142 into windowed mode but I cant seem to see it lol, please tell me if I'm doing this wrong.
Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6858
.    |\____________/|                ^^^^^^^^
    /                         |   [>       /                   \
   /       /\\  /---------|              |                    |   
  /      /___/                            |    >   /\   <   |
/___/                                    |         /_\       |
                                             \         _         /
                                               \      /  \      /
                                                 \_______ /
lol...
this is how bored i am... and this is my resolution to these kind of problems...
btw... this is the first time ive ever done somthing like this...

Last edited by Gravity (2007-04-03 01:24:36)

twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6468|Chuck Town, SC
i have the same problem ... anybody know how to fix it ...
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6623|Stockholm, Sweden
Same problem with the patch, although I cant even install the patch. Tells me "ERROR: Could not load [\psapi.dll]". What is that all about, what can I do?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6303|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
IT could be because of your vista OS
(i figure you have vista for your DX10 cards....)

change back to XP for ½ a year and problem should/could be solved
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Same problem with the patch, although I cant even install the patch. Tells me "ERROR: Could not load [\psapi.dll]". What is that all about, what can I do?
I have XP, so that is not the issue for me. Does anyone know what I can do?
Oh yeah, And I tried reinstalling bf2142. But I cant even uninstall the game anymore. It tells me something about a wrong version or so.
pliiz help me
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
can anybody help me?!?!
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6426|Espoo, Finland

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

can anybody help me?!?!
New patch (1.25) is out. Have you tried installing it yet?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6303|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

i have no idea, but google is your freind.. when ever you have a file bug go to google and seach: (filename.format) error/bug

That has helped me alot of times
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
ok, thanks. Never thought about that. And i'll try installing 1.25 too.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
I have the same problem with 1.25. so that didn't do any difference.

I also tried searching forums, and I found other ppl with the exact same problem. Which says:

"ERROR: Could not load [\psapi.dll]"
and then:
"ERROR: Could not load [\psapi.dll]"
and so forth:
"Unable to get Windows drive."
"Unable to get BF2 drive."
" Unable to get available disk space."
"You have too little space on your hard drive to update BF2142. You need at least 700MB."

I have like 20 gigs of free hard disk space, and as I said before, I cant uninstall the game either. after I start the installation wizard and choose language, I get the following message: "The installed version of the application could not be detected. The setup will now terminate."

The funny thing is that no one I've seen posting that problem has ever gotten an answer or an explanation. There must be someone out there who can help me?!

Should I send a mail to EA/DICE support?

//Snorkelfarsan
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
I managed uninstalling the game manually through a guide on the EA support page. But when I try to install the game it gives me the same god damn message as when I tried to uninstall it..

"The installed version of the application could not be detected. The setup will now terminate."

Now I'm really stuck.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
If anybody cares, I fixed the problem now. It was the InstallShield that needed a reinstall or something. I just renamed the folder to InstallShieldOld. And now it works fine .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard