stef
+-6|6741
EA must be out of their mind cause now you cant do the c4-trick neither use the nadelauncher without it now having more reduced damage but what about tanks they still have the same strong weapons and still have the strong shield so whats up with that. EA saw that nadenoobing was a problem and I agree it is but the c4-trick is not that bad. I think tanknoobs are by far the biggets problem with this game they are to strong and camp. today i went and played strike and this guy was always in a tank and he camped and camped and killed my mates so i used the c4-trick which EA should keep cause now anti-tankers has the only good weapon to destroy them with and you have to shoot 3 or 4 rockets thats to much if you ask me so i would be glad to see that the tank would get weaker but i doubt that EA is gonna make this come true. In the real world you most certainly dont have to use two pieces of c4 to destroy a tank neither 3 or 4 rookets cause remember they are really strong weapons.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6738|Somewhere in NYC
stef
+-6|6741
the other one was closed.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6738|Somewhere in NYC

stef wrote:

the other one was closed.
I'm guessing there was a reason for that.
thinner44
+1|6802
I don't get what you mean, if a tank camps, then adjust your tactics, get your team mates to come back as AT and take him out. If it really annoys you that badly, leave the server. Don't get stressed

stef  says "but what about tanks they still have the same strong weapons and still have the strong shield so whats up with that."

And that's why they're called tanks... oh and the real reason they're called tanks. They were shipped abroad in wooden crates labelled "water tanks" so the enemy didn't know what they were. Tanks originated in Lincoln, built by Fosters (Lincoln)... invented by Sir William Tritton (don't you know) .... much improved over the years by several countries

History lesson over.... and probably this thread
Buzerk1
+44|6828
Show me a tank and I'll show you C4, AT mines... Their weaknees is they can't see much or move fast...use it against them.

With AT mines, even if I died, I will likely get the tank after...

And the name of the game is team work, if you work alone then yes, tanks can be hard to over come.

So no, tanks are ok as they are now.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-01-19 11:04:55)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
waaah I can't use my C4 exploit anymore waaaah dumb EA
Jepeto87
+38|6677|Dublin
I always use C4 to destroy tanks and i dont see how the new patch will change that (you cant jump and throw them , right?) as i normally sneak up and place them on the tank, its more satisfying that way!

I hate it when people start  throwing C4 all over the place as it normally leads to a load of Tk's!!
StickyBombs
+8|6749|Sacramento, CA (USA)

Jepeto87 wrote:

I always use C4 to destroy tanks and i dont see how the new patch will change that (you cant jump and throw them , right?) as i normally sneak up and place them on the tank, its more satisfying that way!

I hate it when people start  throwing C4 all over the place as it normally leads to a load of Tk's!!
LOL I irishman always throws C4 huh...coming from you I would expect you to throw a molitof cocktail or a irish car bomb at a tank...just kidding man.  I am Irishman too.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744
I'm just back from my BF2 break before the long run for the 200,000 ... So I thot that 1.2 will comeout only in Feb... But you guys are talking about it, so I'm just wondering is it out or not? BF2 site says not yet... :S confused.

btw glad to see you all guys! I'm back!   See ya all on the Battlefield

GL HF

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-01-19 11:39:35)

Jepeto87
+38|6677|Dublin
lol no offensive taken, but i was saying that i dont throw C4 and dont care bout the new patch!!

And im from the republic so i only throw petrol bombs to relieve stress..
StickyBombs

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

I'm just back from my BF2 break before the long run for the 200,000 ... So I thot that 1.2 will comeout only in Feb... But you guys are talking about it, so I'm just wondering is it out or not? BF2 site says not yet... :S confused.

btw glad to see you all guys! I'm back!   See ya all on the Battlefield

GL HF
Hey What's up Dr. Battlefield...this is STickybombs...I have battled against you many times and I had not seen on in a while.   Nah man the patch ain't out yet but it will be soon...according to EA...if you go to www.bf2.se they have a video of the newest patch for BF2

Last edited by StickyBombs (2006-01-19 11:43:07)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744
Tanks alot man
Fahrenheit
+0|6771
oh god another whiner....what next make spec opps and snipers laim cos they run further than assault guys?...yes ban bunny hopping and dolphin diving because you just dont do stuff like that in real life (unless u got a pogo stick) same with jumping and toobing, i dont think making jets and slicks weaker is the answer instead they should improve the bloody useless stingers...too slow for jets and if they have locked on then they stay locked unless evaded at high speed or they self destruct not go chasing friendly air assets. Now you want tanks made weaker!!! cos u cant kill em, have u not searched the forum for the tactics on armoured vehicles i.e. the one that shows the best hit points...why dont you get in a tank...i bet your the type who gives his position away by shooting a tank with ur machine gun then moan when he/she waxes you off the map...im a tank whore, i love driving tanks and APC's i wont teamkill for one, but if one is available im gonna get in it...why cos it beats running around on foot, gives me a little more protection than the shirt im wearing, i can shoot slicks and other vehicles in it and act as a decoy for jets and slicks cos u bet im the main target when others are on foot....and yes i get blasted to bits quite regularly from jets, slicks, other tanks etc and anti tank guys...it takes skill to drive and use a tank (im working on it lol) and it takes skill to kill one...no stop moaning and get some skill...if the likes of you had there own way there would be nothing left but assault guys fighting on foot, wheres the fun in that!!!!!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744
Americas Army jumping model will be good.. just make jumple a little longer I guess.... and mmmmmmmm support gets more accuracy, sounds cool
StickyBombs

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Americas Army jumping model will be good.. just make jumple a little longer I guess.... and mmmmmmmm support gets more accuracy, sounds cool
Yeah Dr. Battlefield I know how you love your PKM.  You have killed me many times with that.  LOL.  I hope the information helped.  See ya on the Battlefield.
Jepeto87
+38|6677|Dublin
Id definitly agree with Fahrenheit on this one, there's nothing wrong with the tanks.

They are after all MBT's they cost hundreds of thousands to make and are supposed to take a
beating!!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6744

StickyBombs wrote:

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Yeah Dr. Battlefield I know how you love your PKM.  You have killed me many times with that.  LOL.  I hope the information helped.  See ya on the Battlefield.
LOL You got me many times too... Thanx again
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6671|Denver, CO

stef wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Know your role and shut your mouth, if you cant do that stop playing and start crying........
if this is your motto.. why exactly are you making this post?
OpsChief
+101|6668|Southern California
why do people complain about tanks being too strong for one soldier to knock out?...well it better be or why do we have it?  You kill tanks with tank-killer teams, or the occasional champion who can get it solo. Fact is you don't always need to kill a tank but just get it smoking badly and it will go away or the crewman will jump out and then you will be equal....sort of, maybe.

All things are not equal and they shouldn't be or the game would be boorrrinngggg. Each different combat asset should present a different set of problems to solve. This game should not be a mindless hand-eye coordination video arcade exercise it should work the mind. And as the the base camping, if more noobs would fight from the cohesive squad model some of the base raping would stop (and it is stopped often by t-e-a-m-w-o-r-k by those who already know)

Before EA/Dice change any game balancing they should create a basic training adjunct pack so people will learn and understand why we fight as teams.
thinner44
+1|6802

INCSOC wrote:

stef wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Know your role and shut your mouth, if you cant do that stop playing and start crying........
Agreed, this has been mentioned a few times now

@ Fahrenheit. Great post and just how I play.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6738|Somewhere in NYC
Stop whining stef.

Know your role, shut your mouth and spawn as a damn AT kit. If you can't destroy that tank, stop playing, logout, disconnect and start crying
Gotham
+3|6724

INCSOC wrote:

stef wrote:

Exactly.
Chowley
+1|6678|Ireland
I think its retarded what EA did, i dont use noob tube or c4 only mines the odd time. They remove jumping and shooting to deal with bunny hopping its like a 5 year old came up with that fix. Reduce accuracy on jumps more and have some downtime after a jump. Somewhat like CS you cant constantly jump. The timer on the grenade launcher rounds already reduced the issue hugely anyway.

The jump throw is convenient to almost all classes, on karkand an engineer or spec ops can throw the mine/c4 over the fence to get the tank, medics and support can throw their bags up to the hotel flag or over a fence or at an injured team mate thats scared of medics :p.

Its just a massive sweeping nerf affecting all classes, its ridiculous.

Last edited by Chowley (2006-01-19 12:30:49)

Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6677

stef wrote:

EA must be out of their mind cause now you cant do the c4-trick neither use the nadelauncher without it now having more reduced damage but what about tanks they still have the same strong weapons and still have the strong shield so whats up with that. EA saw that nadenoobing was a problem and I agree it is but the c4-trick is not that bad. I think tanknoobs are by far the biggets problem with this game they are to strong and camp. today i went and played strike and this guy was always in a tank and he camped and camped and killed my mates so i used the c4-trick which EA should keep cause now anti-tankers has the only good weapon to destroy them with and you have to shoot 3 or 4 rockets thats to much if you ask me so i would be glad to see that the tank would get weaker but i doubt that EA is gonna make this come true. In the real world you most certainly dont have to use two pieces of c4 to destroy a tank neither 3 or 4 rookets cause remember they are really strong weapons.
I agree 100% with you.

The tank machine gun should be WAY less accurate and powerful, and the main cannon should have a much smaller area of effect.  The area of effect should be just a little bigger than the AT rocket area of effect.

As for the APC, all of them need smaller area of effects for all of their weapons, and a slower rate of fire for the main cannon.  The ROF should be 1/3 to 1/2 as fast as it is now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard