blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
As most of you know Blizzard is responsible for some of the biggest game franchises of all time. There is Diablo, Starcraft, and of course Warcraft. Well rumors have been flying online the past few weeks or so that Blizzard would be announcing Starcraft 2 very soon at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational (WWI) on May 19th. Well, the ever awesome Kotaku boys got a direct response from Blizzard today, and Blizzard indeed confirmed that a new game would in fact be announced at WWI on May 19th.

So, let the speculation begin! Will it be Diablo III, a Diablo online game ala World of Diablo, will it be Warcraft IV or a new expansion for World of Warcraft? Or will it in fact be the game everyone wants, Starcraft 2. Let me remind some of you how big Starcraft actually is still. In South Korea, they broadcast Starcraft matches on TV! Starcraft is insanely popular in South Korea, and I think I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if Blizzard does indeed announce Starcraft 2, millions of South Koreans will explode in a shower of happiness. Oh, and I think some of you guys might get excited also. Yeah, I thought so.

The rumor mill even spills the beans on what the game might include. A 3D Starcraft, with a new race (based off the Kerrigan, not the super duper Zerg-Protoss everyone thought it would be, don't ask me) and the three existing races would get improvements and two new units each. There is even a rumor that the original Starcraft will have its servers shut down to make sure the sequel will succeed. I'd take that last one with a grain of salt, or two.

In fact, new information according to Kotaku suggests that Blizzard is actually working on a "Next-gen" MMO, and that since Starcraft was named by Blizzard itself, we may in fact see World of Starcraft sooner than anyone thinks. Either that or World of Warcraft's next expansion.

So there you have it. Stay tuned, because come May 19th, the internet may in fact implode from all the happy people.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/luke%7C-i-just … 255518.php
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Dunno where you got this, but the main game people want is WC4, the Koreans want Starcraft 2 while most other people want WC4.

"Or will it in fact be the game everyone wants,"

anyway.. either way it will kick ass, unless its another MMO.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6757|Barrie Ontario
O please god let it be diablo 3
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6534|UK
i want sc2 and im not koreans cause starcraft is the best RTS ever so it needed an update
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Starcraft 2 or WoS will be the best.
"The one everyone wants" is necessarily SC2 or WC4 so everyone stop admitting they "know"
topthrill05
+125|6547|Rochester NY USA
If it's Diablo 3 I might cry.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

"QFE" please please please please!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
It will be WoW2. 7 million people giving a $50 down payment and then $15 a month after that. The ultimate product.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

TrollmeaT wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

"QFE" please please please please!
I'm with you on this one. *crosses fingers*
Brasso
+1,549|6600

If it's Starcraft 2 my world will implode.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CommieChipmunk
+488|6539|Portland, OR, USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

It will be WoW2. 7 million people giving a $50 down payment and then $15 a month after that. The ultimate product.
Yeah, that's quite the money maker.  It certainly would make sense from a money standpoint.
herrr_smity
+156|6597|space command ur anus
any sequel blizzard makes will make my day
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6319|Iowa...
i want SC2.WC is fun but it's just not as good.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

aj0404 wrote:

i want SC2.WC is fun but it's just not as good.
yeah cant wait to find out  what game they are going to be pursuing
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Maybe they'll make a new game entirely.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

im with the Koreans ... StarCraft2 FTW!!!!
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6501|Donnacona, Quebec
SC2 or world of Starcraft FTMFW
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6515
I would rather see Diablo3.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Thoruz
+42|6295|Germany

ShellShock.PwN wrote: